The Sudden Meeting

The Sudden

SANDARA

One day, I will be a famous model. Someday, people will take notice of my ability. And when I reach my dreams, I’ll give my sister a happy and comfortable life. I know I can make it.

 

“Bom-unnie, aren’t you going to take a bath yet? It’s already 7 AM and your class starts at 8 right?” I called out as I knocked on the door.

 

“I… I need more sleep, just give me ten minutes more.”

 

I went near and found her holding tightly on her blanket, “Are you okay?”

 

“It’s just… just a mini headache.”

 

I touched her forehead and found out that she was not feeling okay, “You have fever unnie! You have to rest the whole day,” I advised.

 

“I can’t. I have to teach the children today. I’m getting up,” she said but I insisted, “No unnie. I’ll substitute for you. I’ll just tell Daesung that I can’t go to work today.”

 

She hesitated on my plan and asked, “Are you sure? It’s not easy to teach children you know.”

 

Of course I know how hard it has been for her to teach those sneaky children although some of them were good. She just loves them so much.

 

She added, “Besides your co-workers might say you are depending on your friendship with Daesung that you can absent anytime.”

 

“Bom-unnie, I haven’t used any of my leave for this month! Daesung gave us the freedom to use it ANYTIME. So tell me what lesson you are supposed to teach to the children today.”

 

“English subject specifically nouns and pronouns,” she gave in because she knew I won’t easily surrender.

 

“Okay. Noted! Take a break for today and I’ll do everything. Bye!”

 

“Dara, please be patient with them okay?”

 

“I know, I know. I can handle anything you know!” I said and she gave me a weak smile.

 

 

 

 

 

I called Daesung…

 

“I’m really sorry if I have to absent for today Dae, I don’t want to stress my sick sister.”

 

“It’s okay Dara. I understand how dedicated your sister is to her work. It’s sad that people can’t taste your specialty-cheese rice.”

 

“Thanks for understanding and for the compliment Dae. Don’t worry; tomorrow I’ll be fully back!”

 

“I’ll expect that. Take care Dara.”

 

I’m so happy to have Daesung as my boss. Besides being my friend since Highschool, he has always helped me.

 

 

At School…

 

“Are you Bom’s younger sister?” the head teacher asked me.

 

I nodded and said, “Yes madam. My sister got sick and I know that she’ll insist going here even if her body declines so I’m presenting myself.”

 

“Are you familiar with the lesson she is going to discuss? And more importantly, can you handle stubborn children?”

 

I smiled and confidently said, “Nouns and pronouns are my favourite topics. I can handle them madam, trust me.”

 

“That’s a good answer Ms. Park. I’m glad you volunteered yourself. Please follow me,” she said giving me a good luck smile.

 

And when I entered the room…

 

“There’s a new comer!”

 

“Who’s that unnie?”

 

“Where’s Teacher Bom?”

 

“Are we gonna greet or ignore her?”

 

 

I tried to speak but, “Maybe she hurt Teacher Bom that is why she is here! We need to have a plan everyone!!!” a young boy, holding his pencil and pad told me.

 

“We agree to that Minho!!! Come on everyone and gather your strength!” I suppose the one who just talked is Minho’s minion.

Everyone except for a girl gathered in front of me and stood like a soldier in a war. “Wa-wait,” I tried to speak but…

 

“You do not have the right to speak! You have the right to be silent,” his minion said and continued, “Let’s hear what our president has to say.”

 

“I Jung Minho, the president of Class March will say something,” he said pretending that his broom is a microphone, “This girl has to explain why she hurt Teacher Bom. If she tells the lie, we will give a punishment.”

 

So this is what Bom-unnie had gone through? A bunch of kid soldiers?!

 

“Hey! Jung Minho stop your stupidity! She was about to explain but how can she if your destroyed and abnormal mouth keeps on spitting weird words?!” a young girl, who has a Pucca headband shouted.

 

She went near Minho and pointed him, “You are not respecting older people. If you truly value Teacher Bom, listen to what she always says to us.”

 

She then faced me and said, “I’m sorry unnie for these troublesome classmates of mine. By the way, I am Kyla Kwon of Class March. This is my half-normal classmates. At present, unfortunately, we are ruled by a monster president named Jung Minho. We are so sorry for the inconvenience we brought. Please say something.”

 

Wow. The way she speaks is like a twenty year old lady! I was left speechless until she poked me and said, “If you aren’t going to say something, then they are going to resume to war.”

 

“O-oh. Hi everyone! I’m Teacher Dara Park. I am your Teacher Bom’s younger sister. She is sick right now and needs to rest that is why I substituted for her. I… I hope you won’t give me a hard time and I wish the best for this day?” to which they looked at Kyla and she said, “Get back to your seats.”

 

Not until Jung Minho spoke, “Is that so? Everyone let’s get back. And Kyla Kwon, watch out.”

 

Fighting?

 

So I started writing on the board, "Today we are going to discuss about Nouns!" I wrote the word Nouns and asked them, "Does anyone know what is a noun?"

 

Everyone started raising their hands and I'm so happy that they're participating.

 

"Let's have you-" I said as I pointed a chubby boy, "My name is Eman Kim! Nouns are names of person, place or thing."

 

"That's right! Now, I want everyone to go on the board and write your examples of nouns," I instructed them but even before I make my exit they rushed and started to have a stampede.

 

"Pl-please slow down everyone." I started to see flying chalks and erasers.

 

"You Eman! Gimme a way!"

 

"Hey president, you write so slow!!!"

 

Everyone was having a trouble except for Kyla. She stayed behind them and waited for her turn. "I'm happy that there is still one out of fifteen students here who is patient."

 

"Why don't you scold them Teacher?" she asks.

 

"My mom used to tell me that if someone commits a mistake I should not scold. I should observe him/her first then correct it."

 

She looked back at her classmates and found a tiny way to the board, she wrote 'Mother'

 

She smiled at me and went back to her desk. "Okay, everyone, please go back!"

 

I scanned through the before-clean-and-now-creatively-messed-up board. "Wow, you kids sure how to make art."

 

There were variety of words, "Mother, Food, President, Teacher, Computer, South Korea, 2NE1"

 

"I'm so happy that everyone participated in this activity. I'm calling to call you one by one and start explain the noun you come up with okay?"

 

"NE!!!" they enthusiastically answered. Children.

 

"Let's start with 2NE1. Who wrote this?"

 

"The assuming CL of our clasroom! Samantha Bin!"

 

"Hey, it's not assuming. She is having her inspiration and it's good," I corrected.

 

"I chose 2NE1 as my noun because I so love them. Naega jael jal naga! They are a girl group of four members! I love CL becaus she's fierce. RAWR!"

 

"Because I live in South Korea, I chose this place. South Korea is my favorite country!" a genius boy shared.

 

"U-uhm, uhm, I- I ch-cho-choose a co-com-pu-"

 

"Speak straight Jin!"

 

"You can do it," I said to him as I corrected his posture, "I choose computer because it gives me fun!"

 

"I choose teacher because they teach us. When they teach us they are teachers! Teachers teach!"

 

"One day, I will be the greatest president ever! I will be called President Minho!"

 

"I love foods. They give me energy to go to school and the reason to my allowance." Bow

 

Finally Kyla stood up, "My mother," everyone was silent.

 

"I think everyone here knows that my mother is in heaven already. I miss my mother so much. Everyone is so lucky to have their mom here on Earth," she then started to cry.

 

All of her classmates stood up and comforted her. The bell rang. "Recess time."

 

"Stop crying Kyla. Your mom is here. She's in your heart," she smiled and went with her friends.

 

After thirty minutes of break time

 

"Okay, everyone we will now proceed to pronouns!"

 

Then hours went on. It was not easy because I have to keep their attention only on me. It was selfish to hear but I have no choice.

 

I sang, dance, talked weirdly but there were really students who were not listening.

 

"Now, we will have a test!"

 

"WHAT?! Not fair teacher!!!!!"

 

"Harsh TEACHER!!!"

 

"I hate TESTS. TESTS NO!"

 

Then the bell rang for their dismissal. They were only half-day this Friday. Everyone rejoiced.

 

"Goodbye Teacher Dara!"

 

"Bye! Bye! Bye!" they all said.

 

I sighed. "Am I sure they learned anything?"

 

"Bye Teacher. Don't worry about them. Even if they're like that, their minds are working," Kyla said giving me a smile.

 

"Bye Kyla."

 

I cleaned the classroom and found my internal self scolding me, "Dara---- aren't you hungry yet? We're suffering!!!!"

 

I realized that it has been an hour since I started cleaning the room. I went out and found a familiar girl by the swing.

 

“Is your guardian not here yet?”

 

“Ye-yes teacher Dara. He’s probably busy but he told me he’ll come.”

 

“Kwon Kyla right? Are you somehow related to the famous model G-Dragon-?”

 

“Yes teacher. He’s there, over there!”

 

“I’m sorry for being this late Kyla. Let’s go home now," I... just... heard... the... famous... most sought-after model talk...!!!

 

“He is my older brother Teacher Dara, Kwon Jiyong.”

 

“G-G-D-dra-g-gon?”

 

He stared at me and said, "Hi Teacher Dara. Thanks for taking care of my sister."

 

He smiled but honestly, I did not feel the sincerity in those eyes but I felt a sudden feeling of telling him.

 

Telling him that I'm his fan since highschool!!!!

 

"N-no pro-problem," gosh, I can't even talk straight.

 

"You want to go with us Teacher Dara?"

 

I heard Kyla invited me. G-Dragon looked at his younger sister and told me, "I'm sorry Teacher Dara but we can't invite you for today. We have to leave."

 

I felt disappointed but what can I do? I understand that they are the busy family Kwon. "It's okay," I said as I gave my most genuine smile. "See you next time Kyla!"

 

She waved goodbye and followed her brother.

 

We were classmates with Jiyong in highschool. I have liked him even before he made his debut as a model. "I wish, you'll notice me one day."

 

He looked back and smiled. I BLUSHED terribly. I faced back and told my stomach, "I guess his smile will do as your food!!"

 

JIYONG

 

"Isn't she beautiful?"

 

I looked back at her and smiled carefully scanning her, "Yes she is."

 

She really looks familiar. Is the Sandara Park who is very obsessed with me during my highschool year the same as that Teacher Dara?"

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello!

I want to say thank you for subscribing!

This chapter is mostly on Dara's part first so I'm sorry if I hadn't given your desire to read Jiyong's part. Next chapter is his :)

Sorry for wrong grammar and spellings. :D

Please comment and tell me whatcha think about it?

Subscribe too!


credits to latienza for the pic!