The guy who doesn't date

Why Can't I?

"Hey, player!" 

Sehun looked up from the printer with a perplexed look and grimaced when he saw Hyoyeon. 

Hyoyeon laughed, "made you look!"

"Doesn't count," he protested, "we're in a teachers lounge. Who else could it have been?"

They both looked around to where a couple of middle aged male teachers were engrossed in watching a sports update on TV, a female teacher known as one of the strictest, and a motherly type of teacher diligently marking her tests.

"Good point, but still counts," Hyoyeon ruled.

"Fine," he begrudgingly said but then brightened when he realised what her presence here meant, "did Yuri catch you again?"

"Yes," Hyo bit out.

"Here you go then," Sehun plopped a number of files in front of her, "you can use that photocopier."

"Yes boss," she agreed.

Sehun, for what he was, was actually pretty reliable. And what he was, was a player. Always a different girl, our Sehun. Never a girlfriend, despite so many confessions.

Including from Hyoyeon's bestest friend, Seohyun. Pure hearted Seohyun who would never have confessed if her feelings weren't real- whose courage really came through at that moment after the school festival last year.

Hyoyeon would've hated Sehun for that alone but he'd rejected Seohyun with such kindness and respect that she just couldn't.

It wasn't the guy's fault that he just wasn't interested even if it was someone as perfect as Seohyun. The heart wanted what it wanted.

And fortunately Seohyun had fallen in love with charismatic musician Yonghwa who looked to be a perfect match.

After a few minutes of silence, Sehun finally spoke up.

"Hey Hyo."

"Yeah?"

"You want to hang out after this?" 

"Sure."

"Really?" 

"Nope."

He always tried his luck but the answer was always the same and they grinned at each other.

"For someone with your reputation, why don't you ever say yes to me?" Sehun teased, leaning one elbow on her photocopier to tilt his head cutely at her. His fringe fell seductively over his eyes.

"There's only room for one player in a relationship?" She bluffed, resisting the temptation to back away.

"You ready to become a one-man woman?" he wiggled his eyebrows at her suggestively, as he closed another inch on her.

Hyo winked at him saucily, "I'd rather you become the one-woman man."

At this point they were right up close to each other their breaths intermingling in the close proximity between them. But before anything became serious (and they did realise exactly where they are) they burst out laughing and separated, Sehun going back to his photocopier.

Hyo felt a twinge of guilt that she had this kind of relationship with Seohyun's first love, but she wondered if the rules technically applied given that Seobaby was now happily in another relationship? 

Not that she was going to do anything with Sehun...

The problems of girl world were complex and extensive enough even without having to deal with Sehun's harem of willing playmates.

"Sooooooo, Tteok-bokki later?"

"Pass."

 

+++

 A/N: I want to give Sehun different characters every time I write him - last time he was a bully, the other time an innocent bad boy, and now a cute playboy. I wanted to write in his mascara- but not sure about it yet. lol I wonder who's next? We've almost met everyone!