The girl with the big problem

Why Can't I?

"Late!" A very annoying, very loud voice crowed as Hyo crossed the threshold of the school gates. Or was it a witch-like cackle?

Hyo tsked in annoyance, as she slowed right down. There was no point running anymore, now that she was caught. She looked across the field and saw that Chanyeol had gotten to the school building safely. She'd told him to go ahead because there was no way she could keep up with him and the athletes tended to get a hard time from their club sunbaes when they were late. 

Hyo didn't have that same issue. 

What she did have now though was an issue named Yuri. 

Kwon Yuri was one of those girls that you either got along with or didn't. Hyo was of the latter group - due to some unfortunate poll in the first month after entering high school about "iest first year" (which Hyo was quite happy not to win and that Yuri did win) but for some reason Yuri used this as a way to identify a nemesis or rival.

At first Hyo thought she was kidding but it seemed not. The greasy looks started followed by the shoulder bumping... But the last straw was when Yuri stuck out her leg, tripping up Hyo and sending her lunch flying all over the hottest first year guy.

Who happened to be Hyo's crush.

That was when Hyo signed up for the war and two and a half years had since passed.

Unfortunately this year wasn't working in her favour though because of the power play.

Yuri had been elected Vice President of the student council and probably relished every opportunity to write Hyo a late slip - which meant Hyo would have to stay back for an hour that afternoon for something similar to detention - where she was required to do odd jobs for the student council. 

"Vice President," Hyo started sweetly, as if each word was killing her, "could you overlook this for today? After all, I was only 30 seconds late? The gate wasn't even closing yet."

Yuri returned an equally sickly sweet smile and both girls felt like they wanted to puke.

"We like to round up to the nearest minute," was the prim response.

Hyo's smile dropped as Yuri's smiled widened. Seeing the sort of evil look in her face -- Hyo did NOT like her chances. 

 

+++

 

"Sorry for intruding," Hyo called out as she knocked on the door to the student council room and slid it tentatively open.

Jessica and Taeyeon laughed when they'd found out what she was caught doing and quickly bid her goodbye (Seohyun had cram school and Sooyoung, basketball practise).

"Hyoyeon, please come in."

Hyo breathed a sigh of relief when she realised it was only Student Council president Suho in the room.

"Pressssss!" Hyo greeted him, "I'm glad to see you!"

Handsome, smart, kind and fair - he was the perfect president. 

Suho chuckled, "are you glad to see me or are you glad to not see my girlfriend?"

Hyo grinned. Suho, for all his amazing qualities was completely blinded by Yuri. She tried not to hold it against him but often wondered why someone as agreeable as him would have such a witch of a gf...

"No comment."

They both laughed, comfortable with each other due to the fact that they'd been in the same classes since first year and friends B.Y. (Before Yuri).

Oh and that guy who she spilled food on in first year? It was Suho.

"Good answer," a voice from behind Hyo said. 

Hyo sighed, "the day suddenly got darker."

"Ya!" Yuri exclaimed, "have you forgotten who's in charge of your punishment?" 

Hyo quickly shut up. Damn this power play. 

"I think we don't have anything indoors today... Maybe some weeding of the soccer field?" Yuri said maliciously. 

Hyo's draw dropped, "it's so hot today! I'll burn."

"Sorry but you know we can't make any exceptions for tardiness," Yuri shrugged. 

Hyo shot Suho a puppy dog look and he laughed, earning a greasy from his girlfriend. 

"Isn't Sehun in the teachers' lounge doing a lot of photocopying? It might be a good idea for Hyoyeon to help him," Suho suggested, mentioning the student council secretary.

Hyo grinned, "You're the best, Pres!! I'll go find him straight away!"

She quickly exited the room and shut the door before Yuri could chase her, muffling the "YA GET BACK HERE IM NOT DONE WITH YOU!!! SUHO YOU'RE TOO LENIENT WITH HER!" That tried to chase after her.

It must've been her lucky day!

 

+++

A/N: here we go with some of leader-ssi. I love Suho. He comes off as so mature and really when you have to keep that many guys in line you have to be, right? Thanks for all the lovely comments!! Your participation makes me happy!