The guys in the bedroom

Why Can't I?

Hyo made it home and completely forgot about her incident at the station when she walked into her bedroom and was filled with rage. 

"Ya! What are you guys doing in here?!?" She screamed. 

Three pairs of innocent eyes looked up from their positions but barely spared her a glance before turning back to the TV where an Xbox had been plugged in. 

"Noona, welcome home," the little cutie of the bunch XIUMIN said.

"Yo, Welcome back," less cute was CHEN. 

"Call me noona!" She smacked him with her pillow as she collapsed on her bed, already resigned that this happened far too often, "move over," she told the third guy in the room.

"Welcome back," he said as he made space for her. 

She reached over him for the other controller, completely feeling at ease. 

KYUNGSOO or D.O. as he was known by his friends at school was her best friend from childhood. Of course these days he seemed to be more the Twins' friends than hers, but she knew that he'd always have her back.

"Where've you been? I thought you'd beat me home since you ditched me."

"Trains," she said with not much explanation, "plus you know that it'll be awkward now to go home with you guys."

Kyungsoo was best friends with Baekhyun and a few other guys, which meant that now the afternoon trips that they used to take as big groups just wouldn't cut it - not while Tae and Baekhyun were still recovering.

"True," he shrugged.

Kyungsoo was one of the good guys. He didn't stand out compared in his group but that was because they were just ridiculously good looking. But he was still pretty hot. He had that great boy next door look (which Hyo always had to grin about because he actually the boy next door for her).

"why don't you just date each other?" Sooyoung had asked multiple times.

But Hyo and Kyungsoo had made a pact long ago that they wouldn't ever cross that line. 

"Still lets at least try to walk home when the others aren't around. Since we're not in the same class this year it's hard to catch up," Kyungsoo suggested.

Hyo grinned, "sounds great. We need to find time to go the pool place. You're overdue for an arse whooping."

"You seem to have a really short memory if you don't remember who won last time," he nudged her.

Hyo scoffed and contently leaned against his shoulder as she read a manhwa while the boys continued their game.

+++

 

"Noona, I'm hungry,' Chen complained when Kyungsoo had headed home for dinner.

Hyo glared at him, "so what? Now I'm you're noona? I wasn't before!! You kid!"

She grabbed him in a headlock and wrestled him to the ground. He quickly turned it back on her and they were a tangle of arms and legs and biting and hair pulling until Xiumin stepped in to separate them.

"I'm hungry too! I'll make something," the little cutie and peacemaker of their family said.

"Noona will help you," she said, quickly ditching Chen on a heap on the ground before putting her arm a lot more lovingly over Xiumin's shoulders.

Hyo wouldn't say she had the same brother complex that Sooyoung had with Chanyeol but she did dote on Xiumin (and once in a blue moon, Chen too).

They headed to the kitchen and Hyo was not at all surprised when Chen was right there on his heels. The twins were hardly separated. So much so that when Xiumin wanted to attend the Chinese program at Sejong Boys High School, Chen got his into gear to meet the same grade requirements to get in - when he could've gone to the same less exclusive school Hyo went to - Daehwan Academy. 

The three debated what to eat (their parents were both lawyers and always came home late) and eventually allocated tasks.

"Oh btw, do you know a Luhan and Tao in your school?"

Chen's face darkened, "Ya Noona, why are you mentioning them for?"

Xiumin chuckled, "Don't mind him Noona, the girl he's had a crush on since the start or the year is a massive Luhan fan girl. Those two are part of the basketball club at school - they have a massive fan club in our sister school."

"Oh, cool. Is Panda Eyes always that cranky?"

"Tao? Yeah- he's Luhan's closest friend. He keeps those fan girls at bay. How come?" Xiumin was surprised because his sister never showed interest in guys- at least not enough for him to notice. 

"Don't tell me you fell for that jerk," Chen sulked, "you better give up now. He says yes to no one - he makes all the girls cry."

"who, Panda Eyes?"

"No," Chen rolled his eyes, "the ladykiller Luhan."

Hyo shook her head dismissively, "It doesn't even matter, when do I even date? I just bumped into them on the train today that's all - I noticed all the attention they were receiving so I was curious."

Xiumin also looked concerned, "OK Noona, but I'm with Chen on this. It's not worth it."

Well if Xiumin said it, then it must be true.

 

+++

A/N - another update! Thanks for your comments of encouragement:) I wasn't a big fan of D.O. at the start but he's really growing on me - and he's such a good actor - I feel like he'd be the kind of best friend you could fall in love with? What do you think?