The Guy on the train

Why Can't I?

The rest of the day passed by in a blur although if Hyo were a bit honest, it was also exhausting. The four girls had to collectively lift their spirits to help Tae keep her mind off sad things. Hyo was glad they didn't have any plans after school. Jessica had a family dinner, Sooyoung was the basketball club manager (of course she was, with her brother in there), Seohyun had her part-time job and Tae had student council. Hyo was free to go home, as part of the "no club" club. 

 

It was a long story that she'd get around to telling at a different time, but for now she happily skipped to the subway platform and waited to get on - a very short wait - and happily she found that she'd just missed the peak hour home time for the high school students. 

She collapsed into one of the seats and quickly put her earphones in, feeling content.

A few stops later though, she had lost that feeling of contentment. The Sejong Boys High School was at that stop - which meant a bunch of rowdy boys piled on.

She looked around to see if her younger twin brothers, Xiumin and Chen, were part of that group. If they were she would've raged at them, but no, they were students she didn't recognise.

Still, in fairness they weren't that noisy and if she turned up her volume by one or two she could drown them out. 

What she could NOT drown out though was when shrieking started to happen further down the carriage. 

Hyo was suddenly on alert, wondering if someone had caught a r, but when she looked over it didn't seem like it. 

A group of about 5 girls from an all-girls school were pushing each other and Hyo noticed it was towards the general direction or two Sejong students. 

The taller student had a scary face and seemed to warn the girls to stay away, while the second, still tall but not as much as the first, had headphones on and was staring out of the train window (which meant looking at nothing because they were underground after all...). 

The girls seemed to be going crazy over the shorter one, and begrudgingly, Hyo could see why.

Even from a distance he looked very pretty, but still manly. Was it his eyes? Or his jaw? The way his light brown hair fell across his forehead? 

Hyo came back to sanity when she noticed that the taller guy was eyeing her with fierce panda eyes. She'd been caught staring at his oblivious friend.

She hastily turned away and was grateful that  her stop was coming up. She quickly got up and stood at the door, but puzzlingly enough the train went straight past it.

"What the?" She looked up to the "next stop" sign and it clearly said her stop.

The PA system crackled, 'dear passengers, we apologise for the inconvenience, we will not be stopping at the designated station. Please change trains at the next station.'

Hyo sighed. A delay. Great.

She got off at the next station which she wasn't familiar with (funny how you never know the stations past your stop) and when she realised she was headed the wrong way she quickly spun around, sending her crashing into someone.

"Ah!" They both yelped, as they collided.

"Sorry," Hyo apologised, hoping they weren't too pissed. She quickly tried to distance herself but was confused to find herself not moving, "huh?"

"hold on a sec," a nice, velvety voice said.

At first she focused on the long graceful fingers that was untangling her earphones to the slack of the headphones hanging around a slender neck and finally- was looking into the face of that guy.

The good looking oblivious guy on the train.

Wow, he was even more good looking up close. But before she could even say anything more he suddenly moved back. 

Hyo looked up to realise he'd been yanked back.

"Luhan, are you alright??" The tall friend asked, "hey you, what did you do??" 

Hyo stuck her hands out defensively, "I did nothing!"

"Yo Tao, can you chill?" The other guy named Luhan said warningly, sticking his arm out to keep his friend away from Hyo, "it was an accident, we just got tangled up."

Hyo nodded, resisting the urge to stick out her tongue at the Tao guy.

"I saw her staring at you on the train," Tao said stubbornly.

Hyo felt her ears heat up, "I did not!! i saw those girls kicking up a fuss and wanted to see what it was all about."

Tao looked unconvinced but Luhan, inexplicably, turned red.

"Sorry about that," he said, his eyes filled with sincerity.

Whoa! Dangerous! Hyo though, as her heart raced a little.

But she was brought back by another PA announcement, this time about a train departing heading back to her station.

"It's fine, I have to go now!" And she quickly turned and ran off.

She didn't see the look of interest both Luhan and Tao directed at her reaction.

 

+++

A/N: Hyo's first interactions with guys!