The Girl Who Doesn't Date

Why Can't I?

There was a misconception that Kim Hyoyeon was a player. She was friendly with all of the guys (a good chunk of her juniors called her Hyo-noona), liked to socialise at events (always the first to say yes to noraebang) and always had matter-of-fact relationship advice for her friends. 

But that couldn't be further from the truth. She was no player. She was a non-dater. 

Having studied in China for 2 years before returning to Seoul, South Korea - she was ready to put behind the dramas of "girl world" behind her. 

She'd finally made a solid group of girl friends - with the gorgeous Sooyoung, ice princess Jessica, charismatic Taeyeon and lady-like Seohyun. She wasn't going to wreck that for some boy who couldn't even handle the pressure. 

Yes she'd been hurt before. But not again. 

She wasn't going to throw away the peace of her own little world for someone. She was happy to be the consoling, supportive, cheerful friend while her friends navigated through the scary world of high school dating. 

"Hyo!!! Emergency, Tae is on the roof crying her eyes out again!!" Sooyoung rushed towards where she was sitting next to the window at the classroom.

She was immediately on her feet.

A snigger that could only have come from Tiffany (a nemesis and leader of another group of girls, comprised of Sunny, Yuri and Yoona) sounded, "such a drama queen..."

"Yah!" Jessica said from out of nowhere, kicking the desk for dramatic effect, "why don't you shut your trap and mind your own business."

"Jessica please, let's just go," Seohyun begged, trying to play the peacemaker.

Hyoyeon walked towards Tiffany calmly as she gently nudged Seohyun and Jessica towards the door, "yeah, don't mind her Sica, people who don't have hearts wouldn't understand."

"Oooooooh..." The classroom went.

 

Tiffany looked like she was about to kill someone and Hyoyeon took it as the right cue to run off.

See? Who needs relationships when there was already so much drama in high school? 

 

+++

A/N: shorter chapters, slower starts! Thanks for joining me in this journey guys :) -Kei