Chapter 20

❣ The Teacher Student Marriage #2017
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This looks really great.” You said as you stared through the huge room. The ceilings were so high that you had to tilt your head back completely so you could watch the large chandeliers that were hanging down from them. As you looked at the materials of the walls you were sure that they were made from some sort of sound proof material. The parties giving here were probably louder and rougher most of the times than this one. The entire room was filled with hundreds of people, unfamiliar faces who didn’t once look in your direction as you entered. They didn’t seem to have an eye for the son of the hosts, instead they seemed absorbed in their own conversations and their own glasses of champagne. “They could have told me that we were meeting at a public festivity instead of letting me think that we’re invited towards some sort of private diner. This is ridiculous.” Baekhyun muttered beside you, a huge thundercloud forming above his head. Irritation was written all over his face as he watched the invites with even more interest than you had done. Although you couldn’t prove him wrong. Even you had been convinced that his parents had invited you over for some sort of private meeting, one like your parents had organized. Instead, they had thrown a party and had invited everyone they knew. It wasn’t that hard to guess why they had done it though. 

 

“Why embarrass someone in a small group of people if you can do it in front of everyone?” You whispered softly, so that you were sure he was the only one who could hear your suspicious thoughts. By the look on his face you could see he was thinking about that statement, as if he didn’t want to believe it, but knew that he had to reconsider it. The awkwardness and uncomfortableness you had felt before you had arrived here seemed to multiply with at least six times as you stood there, wondering what all these people had been told about you. That you were his mistress? Or even worse, the truth, that you were his student? There had to be a good reason why everyone’s looks were avoiding you, were looking past you as if you weren’t even there. You were sure that he could see the tension building up inside of you, until you were close to the point you were sure you were going to sprint out of the room. But as if things couldn’t have gotten any worse you suddenly spotted his parents standing a small end away from you. His mothers eyes were already pointing on you, observing every single movement you made. Every single nerve on her face seemed to be programmed in such way that she could show you exactly how displeased she was to see you. “Oh my god, she hates me. I don’t want to be here.” The small amount of fear you heard inside of your voice even surprised you. You weren’t one to be scared of other people, not with the status you had gotten and the behavior your parents had thought you. 

 

With his hand on your lower back he managed to turn you away from the public so that you were facing him and you could see that even he had noticed the destructive look on his mother’s face. It didn’t matter that she had disappeared from your view, you could still feel her gaze burning inside of your skin. “They’re making their way over. We’ll just have a quick talk with them and then we’ll go.” He said and your eyes widened in panic as you thought about all the things that could possibly happen once they’d be standing right in front of you. Though the guy in front of you shot you a supportive and encouraging look before he swung away from you to greet his parents. For a small second you closed your eyes and listened to the strong beating of your heart in your chest. You could do this. You had gone through much harder things before than this. Besides, these people didn’t have the right to judge you, they had no idea who you were and what you had been through. They could only assume that you were a bad person, but they couldn’t possibly know for sure. With those comforting thoughts lingering freshly in your mind you followed Baekhyun’s example and turned around to face the two people you had been dreading to see and you made sure to keep a sincere smile playing around your lips. Though, as soon as his father’s face appeared right in front of you, you could feel your expression tighten. He was standing much too close to you for your liking, his eyes observing you in a way that should be forbidden. Goosebumps appeared al over your skin as you took a step closer to their son, who placed a comforting arm around your shoulders. 

 

“We’re so happy you two were able to make it. Baekhyun, we haven’t seen you in so long, it was about time we met again. And this time you brought your little arrangement with you, I see.” With difficulty you loosened your eyes from the man in front of you, his intensive stared caused shivers to run down your body, so that you could eye the woman beside him. What you saw on her face wasn’t exactly appealing, but you had no idea which one you disliked the most. She was clearly looking down on you, like a cat looking at a useless and uninteresting toy she was tired playing with. Somehow it gave you the urge to hide behind something and to make yourself as small as possible. One thing was for sure, his mother hadn’t been behind this arrangement at all. You were convinced it was his father who had made the deal, just to get the money so he could pay off his dept. “She’s not just a little arrangement mother, she has a name.” Baekhyun said, his voice stern. Unlike you he didn’t seem frightened by this whole situation and he wasn’t planning on backing down from his mom. Instead of agreeing with him she sniffed, clearly amused because her son was picking your side instead of hers, but not in a very good way. Fire was blazing in her eyes as she looked at you with disgust written all over her face. “I see she’s been able to wrap you around your finger alread

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter