Chapter 15

❣ The Teacher Student Marriage #2017
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You took a deep breath while looking at yourself in the mirror, knowing that your parents would want you to wear something nice for your meeting. They usually made sure the make a reservation at a very expensive and exclusive restaurant, and tonight wasn’t an exception. They weren’t the kind of people who went out for a nice and cosy dinner. No, they wanted violin music and special dishes. As a child you had always disliked those kind of things, because there was never anything on the menu you liked. But after so many years you weren’t used to anything different, so you simply ate whatever they ordered. It was the time you had spent living on your own that had taught you to make a home cooked meal, before that you had never touched a stove before in your entire life. Other families looked at you as a spoiled brad, you simply stated that you didn’t know better. Your excitement about this diner was far gone, there were hundreds of different ways you would have wished to spend your evening. You were still running behind with a few courses and you just wanted to get back on schedule. Baekhyun was being very helpful as he tried to explain you everything he still remembered from his times in high school. But you couldn’t help but feel as if this was something you had to do on your own. Yet, the fact that he insisted on helping you out seemed to be a good thing, at least the two of you weren’t arguing anymore and you were actually talking. 
 

It still felt uncomfortable from time to time, because you couldn’t forget the cause of why the two of you were living together. At a certain moment you’d always be reminded of the fact that you were arranged to marry him. And at nights like these, it was even more obvious. You weren’t in the mood to listen to your mother going on and on about how much she loved the two of you together. She would ask you if you had fallen in love with him yet, and you were going to disappoint her. For the first time in your life that felt like an achievement. You sighed as you turned around and walked out of the bathroom, walking towards the bedroom to find your high heels. They would pain your feet the entire night, but they were the only shoes that you were able to combine with the dress you were wearing. When your eyes scanned through the room you could hear footsteps coming up behind you, stopping in the middle of the doorway. There was only one other person present inside of this house, so you didn’t turn around to check who it was. “Do your parents allow you to wear such short dresses?” He suddenly asked, his words surprising you as you spotted your shoes standing in the corner of the room. Carefully you walked over while secretly throwing a look down your legs. Ever since you had been a child your parents had been dressing you like some doll, the dresses couldn’t have been expensive or exclusive enough. You’d never wondered about the lengths of your skirts before and this seemed to be the first one that someone pointed it out to you. 
 

“Why? You don’t like it?” You asked, grabbing your heels from the floor so they dangled from your fingers by the straps before turning around to look at him. For a minute your eyes seemed to have a life of their own as they followed up and down his figure. The same thing he must have been doing while you hadn’t noticed. He was looking very relaxed as he leant against the doorframe, a button up shirt hugging his chest and arms. It was a simple outfit, but he seemed to make it look just as perfect as your dress. “No, it’s not that. You look great, I just, think it shows off too much.” He tried again, and you could see his expression tighten as he searched for the right words to say. He probably didn’t want to provoke you by judging your outfit, knowing you’d have to spend the entire evening together. Once again you lower your eyes on yourself, watching your legs as you wiggled your toes. “Would you want me to put on something else?” You asked and as soon as the words slipped from your mouth you wished you could take them back. You weren’t the type of person that normally listened to the comments of others. If they’d tell you not to do it, then that was another reason for you to just keep going. The reason why you suddenly seemed to care about his opinion and why you’d actually change your outfit for him was a big mystery to you. “No, never mind. You should wear whatever you want. I just hope you won’t get sick again, it’s cold.” He said before shrugging his shoulders, pretending it wasn’t a big deal. You nodded and went over to the bed so you could sit down to put your shoes on. 
 

“Your parents probably expect you to wear that don’t they?” You gave him a weird look, surprised he was talking so much tonight. Maybe he was nervous about meeting your parents? After all the two of you would have to tell them that the plan they had figured out for the two of you was failing. They’re reaction wouldn’t be very lovingly or sweet, they would be disappointed and the chance they would take it out at one of you would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter