EPILOGUE

Fallen Kingdom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as the duel was over and Ren was named the winner, JR was ready to claim him rightful place. Since most of his own people had obeyed Hyunseung out of fear, they readily accepted JR as their rightful king.

 

JR had Hyunseung thrown in prison, along with anyone who still stood by him. JR had decided beforehand that he would be handing Hyunseung to Magistrate Hong, letting him sort it out and deal with him and his loyal supporters accordingly.

 

Ren had shown JR Mingyu's possession and it had been proven by a doctor and cured using magic. JR was saddened by the young fighter's lack of memory for the last few years, and gave him a complete pardon for anything he had done while mind-controlled.

 

Over the next few years, King Jonghyun, still known as JR, began to fix everything that Hyunseung had done. He lowered the taxes and made them all the same for everyone, regardless of status. Setting the economy back to a stable rate, he saw that everyone seemed to be much happier, and if someone was found to be struggling, he would help them out any way he could. There were no more homeless, and, like his mother and father before him, he would regularly walked out to the markets and other establishments just to check on everything himself and show the people that they finally had a ruler who cared about them and their well-being.

 

Yoseob hired Mingyu as a chef, replacing Aron when he went to live in the palace. Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter