Depressed, Are You?

Maleficent and Golden Knights

Jungkook went into the restaurant. It was packed with people yet he could still see his group of friends. They were so loud that he could already hear them from the outside.

"Why are you late?" Jin asked.

"I went to the woods. Guess who I met?" Jungkook raised his eyebrow. 

"A dwarf." Suga answered reluctantly.

He rolled his eyes. "No. A girl." 

"Nani?" The barbie girl. Not because she's pretty but because she's plastic. 

He shook his head. 

"Just tell us already." Namjoon whined.

"Maleficent." Jungkook whispered it, like her name was something mysterious. They gasped. Taehyung even dramatically dropped his chopsticks.

"But if I know you, I know what you'll do,
You'll love me at once,
The way you did once upon a dream. " Hoseok sang the song of the Disney's movie passionately but soon got his mouth stuffed with tteokbokki by Suga. 

"What she was doing there?" Jimin asked curiously. 

Jungkook took out her iPod from his pocket, "This is hers."

"Did you steal from her? Boy, you cannot do that. This is wrong! You must return it back n..." Jin nagged but Jungkook quickly cut him off before he'll continuously spat out his words. That guy is unstoppable.

"We made an exchange." Jungkook explained. He took the chopsticks that Taehyung dropped before and ate his jjamyeon. Taehyung smacked his hand but he just ignored him. 

"This is mine." Taehyung pouted. He repeatedly smacked Jungkook's arm, hoping that he would be annoyed and stop eating.

"Go order a new one." He demanded, still eating the jjamyeon. 

Taehyung tried to pull the bowl far from Jungkook but Jungkook pulled it back. The battle of jjamyeon gained the attention of their other five friends and they started to cheer on Jungkook because they all knew how strong Jungkook was. Taehyung pouted but he still tried to win over Jungkook. 

Jungkook suddenly let go of the bowl when Taehyung was pulling it. And the cheer went silent. Taehyung was no longer Taehyung, he became Jjamyeon Monster because the noodles was now all over his pretty face. 

"Jeon Jungkook!!!!"

And the whole restaurant couldn't help but laughed.

 


 

Jungkook headed into the small house. It was very small that people thought it was a storeroom. 

"Father, have you eaten?" He asked the old man, who was busy sewing his cloth. 

"Yes. I met this beautiful girl and she gave me a delicious kimchi fried rice." He said with bright face. Jungkook smiled. His father really loved food. It was sad that he rarely accepted Jungkook's offer to eat fancy food everytime. He preferred Jungkook to save the money instead. 

"Really? How did you meet her?" Jungkook asked, trying to keep up with the conversation. 

"I was collecting trashes from her house, she saw me and asked me to wait. I thought she was going to take out more trashes but she gave me food instead. She even asked me to come again tomorrow. That girl was very lovely." His father praised the girl. 

"It's okay, father. I will buy you food. You don't even have to work, I have money." Jungkook sighed. They had been talking about this since long time ago but his father was very stubborn.

"We've talked about this, son. I want to work because I love to. It's not like I have other things to do, you know." His father plastered a smile on his face, a tired smile.

"So I bet you're still going tomorrow?"

"Of course, how can I reject a beautiful girl?" He wiggled his eyebrows. Jungkook laughed. 

"I see, I see. Maybe I should join you sometimes." Jungkook joked. They both bursted into laughter.

Jungkook then went into his room. It was small yet it felt like the most comfortable place ever. At least, it felt like home. 

He checked his phone and saw a new notification from his bank. 500$ just got transferred into his account. He sighed. Money wasn't everything. All he needed was love from his parents, that was all he needed. 

He put on his earphones and laid down on his bed. The song Gloomy Clock by IU blasted through his earphones. That made he wondered whether this girl was depressed in any ways.

What are you hiding behind your cold gaze, Maleficent?