Chapter Sixteen

Lucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun sat silently, leaning his head against D.O.

"...I'm sorry I pushed you at the beginning. I just-" D.O began his long apology and explanation.

Baekhyun shook his head with a small smile. "It's fine, Kyungsoo, I know you meant well. To break me out of my shell... To make me realize and admit to myself everything... Thanks. I... I didn't think about it that way, to compare it to you and Kai."

D.O snickered. "Don't worry about it, there's not much to compare to, what with the moments you had with Chanyeol, in our own house. ...I'm sorry Suho and I interrupted."

"Ay... Don't be sorry anymore for anything, got it? You've helped me...a lot more than I even helped myself. If anything, you saved me from myself and ruining anything I had with Chanyeol... It's just... I don't know what to do from here. Can I still fix things...?"

D.O patted Baekhyun's hand on his thigh. "It's Chanyeol. I'm sure he would forgive you for anything, especially because it's you. I think the question isn't if you can fix things, but it's more of what will you do to fix things. ...I'm not sure myself where to go from here. But... I wouldn't go to those parties anymore and /meet/ people." D.O gave a look to Baekhyun, gazing at him from under his eyelids like a horror movie.

Baekhyun laughed sadly, not affected by his eyes anymore. He knew that behind that look were gentle eyes to pair with his kind heart. "No... I won't..." Baekhyun smirked.

D.O threatened him with a look again. "...Baekhyun, don't think about it."

He shook his head. "It's not that," Baekhyun smiled up at D.O "they weren't ever good enough to distract me from Chanyeol."

D.O shook his head as Baekhyun began to smile, looking at nothing in particular. He laughed softly, knowing Baekhyun was lost in his thoughts of Chanyeol. As much as he would have rather left him that way, they still had important matters to discuss after jumping one hurdle. "So, what do you plan on doing?"

"Firstly, break it off with everyone. After that... I'm not so sure. I want to apologize, but that would mean telling Chanyeol what I did, then that would lead to telling him how I feel. I-I'm not ready for that step... I don't know if I'll ever be if it took me this long to accept how I even feel about him..." He smiled at D.O "And be able to accept myself and how I feel a bit more. But... I guess I'll spend more time with him again. I owe him that much at least. He's been trying so hard for me... I feel guilty every time he calls me his best friend..." He looked down at his lap as he swung his legs back and forth under his seat.

D.O nodded. "That's a good start."

"...I...would also like to come clean and speak to the other members, w-without Chanyeol there of course. I will talk to him myself. It's probably about time we had a talk...about everything else," Baekhyun spoke softly as he ran a hand along the scars on his wrist.

D.O placed his hand over Baekhyun's, ceasing his motions and making him look at D.O in the eyes. D.O offered a comforting smile. "Just remember, we will all be here for you this time. Don't do things on your own anymore, okay?"

Baekhyun nodded, feeling a weight off of his troubled heart.

"Are you sure you will be alright?" D.O asked out of concern as he peered through the opened sliding door of their van.

"Ah. I will be fine. I just need some time to think... You have done enough for me today. Go have fun on your date," Baekhyun smiled as he winked. He shut the door before D.O could argue that his meeting with Kai was in fact, not a date, but a hang out to see how well his cafe was going.

Baekhyun waved to D.O as the van drove away, leaving him at a park with a lake near the cafe. He began to walk towards the edge of the lake. Baekhyun closed his eyes as a breeze passed by. All was calm and quiet after the rain, even Baekhyun's heart felt more at peace... But he had more troubles to figure out. He knew the right person to talk to.

Baekhyun sat at on the grass, watching the water ebb and flow. He pulled out his phone and called a member that was always there for him, who offered Baekhyun to call him whenever he needed help.

The phone rang.

"H-Hello, Baekhyun?" Lay answered.

"Ah, Yixing-hyung, how are things going? Are you okay?" Baekhyun asked with a fake deep voice, sounding like a nosy father.

Lay laughed awkwardly. "I'm...fine. Is everything alright?" Lay cleared his throat.

He must be busy with work again... I guess this is how I made Chanyeol and the rest of the members feel when I cut to the chase and I didn't sound like myself when I responded to them... I really haven't been the best company lately.

"...I need help, hyung. It's about Chanyeol... I do not what to do. I messed up a lot... I know you're busy, so it's okay if you're busy. We can talk later, sorry, Yixing-hyung," Baekhyun said solemnly, feeling guilty.

"Ah, ah- n-no no, I'm not busy. Just a bit. I'm on break right now on...set. Standby. We can talk, but...um...please hold on for a moment. Is that alright?"

"Y-Yes, of course. I have time, I can wait." Baekhyun said unsurely. Lay was black and white when it came to his work. It was either he was busy working and couldn't talk or he was off from work and had only a moment to spare. Baekhyun stayed on the line as he contemplated what was making Lay odd. He concluded he didn't have a say in people's behaviors when he himself had been the strangest out of all of them.

Lay sat in his studio, biting his thumb as he stared at his phone on his desk.

[Chanyeol on hold...]
[Baekhyun on hold...]

Aiyo... What am I supposed to do with these two?

Lay sighed as he leaned back in his chair, closing his eyes and rubbing his temples.

What do I say to Chanyeol...? I do not understand how he ended up thinking he lusts Baekhyun... Is that better? Is that progress? Should I encourage him...or talk him out of thinking that way? Should I lead him the right way...? Hm... What mistakes has Baekhyun made that he wishes to discuss? Are they related? ...Did something happen between them while I have been away? Does Suho or the other members know...? Aiyowei... What to do...what to do....? ...I should speak to Chanyeol first. He sounds deeply lost. I cannot let it go on further. But I cannot let either of them hang up... they will lock themselves away again if that happens...

He sat up and switched back to Chanyeol.

"...Chanyeol?"

"D-De... Is everything okay? We can talk another day if you're really busy... It's...not that urgent, sorry hyung..." Chanyeol offered in a hushed tone.

Lay's heart sunk more upon hearing Chanyeol so broken still. He sighed, "Ay...it's alright, okay? What...happened Chanyeol? Why do you think you...feel that way about Baekhyun?"

Chanyeol felt a blush creep up his cheeks. He hid his face in his hand as his heart began to swell, thinking back on the things that had occurred between him and Baekhyun. "We...have been intimate, once."

Lay choked on his newly opened drink. "Really?!" he questioned, slipping his real thoughts, completely surprised. He suddenly wondered when, where, and how, but he kept those questions to himself. He wiped his mouth and his desk as he listened to Chanyeol.

"De... Baekhyun... It was after the night- after my special stage... You remember what happened?"

Lay nodded sadly, "Of course..."

Chanyeol continued before he let the memories of what he saw, rush in. He focused on the memory afterward. "I... I got emotional after bandaging him. I begged him to let me help him in any way and to let me be there for him. We cried... I hugged him for a long time, and then... something happened. Something changed, I- I can barely remember it... I'm not sure why I don't really know what happened." Chanyeol's eyebrows furrowed as he leaned forward, resting his forehead against his knees.

"I need to know what happened Chanyeol...so I may help you in the right way. Please, try to remember. Maybe you pushed yourself to forget because you did not understand what happened between the both of you. Look deep into your heart, remember, and ask yourself why you chose not to remember. I...I have to be right back, okay? Please stay on the phone, I will be back." Lay took advantage of the opportunity, switching the calls.


"Baekhyun? I'm sorry about that. ...May I know what mistakes occurred? What happened, hm?" Lay swiftly changed his tone from pleading and patient to comforting and inquisitive.

"It's fine. I..." Baekhyun recalled all that happened for the past few months since Lay had been away. He looked down at the lake sadly. It was almost like looking at all the tears his heart had shed for so long. He wearily told his story to Lay, just as he did for D.O.

Lay's heart broke. He felt furious and sorrowful, almost forgetting Chanyeol was on the other line. "B-Baekhyun... Why? Why do that to yourself...? Surely you knew better, right? Aiyo... I'm sorry I'm not there. I'm sorry, ah? I am very glad you talked to Kyungsoo today about everything. Is there something I may do to help?"

Baekhyun thought for a moment, wondering if he should even ask Lay, as his schedule was already tightly packed. He took in deep breaths, knowing he was feeding himself excuses to escape. He needed to face this head on. "I...I don't know what to do to fix what I have done. I-I even...to Chanyeol...I took advantage of him... I don't know how he will forgive me."

Lay leaned on his desk, running a hand through his hair as he attempted to piece together what was going on among s. He couldn't believe his ears. He couldn't imagine Baekhyun...doing that to Chanyeol. It was no wonder Chanyeol sounded so broken...why he had a hard time remembering and telling Lay. "Baekhyun...  Baekhyun, is that the mistake you made? You should have apologized to Chanyeol quickly after that. But to be intimate with Chanyeol... I'm sure he would have stopped you if he saw it coming and he didn't want it, right? Maybe...you didn't take advantage of him." Lay offered as he thought on the spot. "Ah... H-Hold on please, someone is calling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter