Chapter Seven

Lucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The chirping of early birds awoken Baekhyun. He squinted his eyes open, groaning as his body felt heavy and still very exhausted. Feeling around the bed, he grabbed his phone laying in front of him under the covers. He unlocked his phone to discover he had only fallen asleep for two hours.

Why am I awake so early...?

Baekhyun locked his phone, placed it back down on the bed, pulled his blanket over him, and closed his eyes again.

After a few seconds, he felt his bed move and a weight shift on him. His eyes shot open.

Baekhyun threw the covers off, sat up, and turned around. As he moved, an arm had slid off of him. He stared down at it before looking at its owner who was fast asleep with a small smile.

Chanyeol?!

Baekhyun looked down, shocked to not only see his best friend in his bed but also that he was shirtless with his wet towel still under his head. Baekhyun gulped and automatically felt a reaction in his lower half, seeing Chanyeol's arm had also fallen near his private area, choosing to cling onto his lower waist.

Chanyeol innocently pulled Baekhyun closer, snuggling into him more.

Baekhyun heavily sighed, exasperatedly, as he face-palmed.
 


There had been times of he and Chanyeol falling asleep on each other's beds, that was normal. Even during those said times, they had snuggled or hugged each other, as if they were their stuffed animals or pillows. But to consciously decide to sleep next to each other without clothes was a little too intimate, especially for Baekhyun's liking.

Baekhyun took a deep breath in and out before calmly waking up Chanyeol. As much as he wanted to stay in that position for the rest of the night, he didn't want his fellow member to catch a cold on their technical first day off.
 


Baekhyun lightly shook Chanyeol only to earn a small moan. Baekhyun closed his eyes, his patience was being tested tonight he swore.

He tried again, lightly shaking Chanyeol by the arm. “Chanyeol.. Chanyeolie...”

“Mm... Baek..hyung...?” Chanyeol questioned in his sleep without even budging.

Baekhyun swallowed and took a deep breath to calm himself momentarily. “Aish... Chanyeol. Wake up... You'll get sick like this. Chanyeol.” He shook him harder. He waited for a few seconds as Chanyeol stirred slightly and laid on his back, moving his left arm behind Baekhyun, across his pillow.

“I won't get sick...if you let..me hug you... You're warm enough...put the blanket back on..” Chanyeol whined cutely, scrunching his face at the cold. Chanyeol rolled over facing Baekhyun once again. He placed both arms around Baekhyun's waist, hugging him tightly.

Baekhyun blushed before he begun to kick his best friend. “Yah! Go to your bed and put a shirt on!”

Chanyeol was awakened then and had also thrown the blanket off of him, his lowered black jogging pants hadn't gone unnoticed to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun felt himself stiffen more, staring at his friend's well-toned torso. He fought the urge to his own lips. He tried to stay mad at Chanyeol.

“Why does it bother you so much?!” Chanyeol whisper-yelled as he sat up abruptly.

“Because you'll get sick, stupid!” Baekhyun answered back in an aggressive whisper.

“Not that!” Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun with wide eyes, feeling himself get irritated and irrational. He calmed himself down before repeating his answer quieter. “Not that...”

Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol, sighing and pulling the blanket up to wrap it around Chanyeol who thanked him for the gesture and pulled it tighter. “Then what?” Baekhyun asked, a bit confused and annoyed at the growing dizziness in his head from the aftermath of drinking and not sleeping enough.

Chanyeol looked down and absently pulled at the strings of his pants, unconsciously pouting. “Why-... Why do you let the other members hug you longer than me? You always leave or push me away... Does it bother you that much if it's me? I thought we were best friends...” Chanyeol looked up at Baekhyun earnestly waiting for his reply.

Baekhyun ran a hand through his hair. He wasn't ready for that question at all. He wasn't anticipating for Chanyeol to notice or even correlate it to their friendship. He sighed as his eyes met Chanyeol's. He couldn't lie to him, but he also couldn't tell him the whole truth either. Baekhyun groaned a little. “It doesn't bother me... And of course we're best friends, that will never change, alright? I just... I'm sorry.” Baekhyun swallowed and looked down, unable to face Chanyeol. He didn't know how to respond.
 


Chanyeol watched Baekhyun battle himself in the dark. Chanyeol was still a bit hurt and confused why he was treated differently, he didn't even understand why it bothered him to this extent. He forced a smile and gently squeezed Baekhyun by the shoulder, “It's okay. It shouldn't have bothered me in the first place, and I shouldn't have questioned our friendship and gotten jealous. I'm sorry..Baekhyun.” He looked back up at Baekhyun and was relieved to see he had calmed down. He thought about why he had even acted out like a kid, but blamed it on not being able to see his family. Baekhyun was the closest to him, and being neglected or treated unfairly off put him. “I must be clingy again because I didn't get to see my family. I should have asked you first like before, sorry... I didn't want to wake you up either.”

Baekhyun had grown quiet not because his mind was eased by the apology, but he had mentally berated himself and shut down.

I'm sorry Chanyeol... I'm messing things up.

Baekhyun ran his fingers along the brown woven bracelet for comfort, trying to calm his mind and snap him out of the depressing thoughts that he knew would follow. He swallowed back the tears that wanted to fall before giving a small smile to his best friend. “Ay... It's okay, it's okay. You shouldn't be apologizing, it's me. I've been weird and it made you like this, right? It's my fault. If it bothers you so much, come here and let's just go back to sleep. I'm exhausted...” Baekhyun turned around to face the wall again and lie down.

Chanyeol swiftly got up to throw his hair towel onto his bed and grabbed a shirt from his open suitcase, putting it on before climbing back into bed with Baekhyun. He lifted the pile of blankets and covered himself and Baekhyun before laying down. Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun's small back. “Are you sure it's okay...?” He whispered, feeling more embarrassed and shy.

Baekhyun tried to hold b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter