Chapter Three

Lucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 EXO gathered and bowed backstage, thanking each backstage crew member for their hard work as always. The backstage crew bowed back to them, proud of the boys like family would be.

Everyone high-fived and gave wanted, and some unwanted, sweaty, tackle hugs. Nonetheless, smiles were plastered on every member's faces as they were on their way to the dressing rooms, wiping sweat off their bodies and faces with small towels provided by Lay.

"That was great..!" He panted, a bigger grin on his face than anyone else. No matter how ready Chanyeol was to pass out in his bed, he could light up any room with his smile and energy.

Baekhyun felt a familiar heavy arm land on his shoulders with a sigh to match. He felt his stomach coil. Only one person could make him feel this way. Someone who shouldn't make him this way.

Baekhyun caught his happy virus as usual and smiled widely and nodded in agreement. "Hm!"

His eyes widened at the sudden movement. He melted, though it didn't last for more than five seconds.

Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into a tight hug, resting his head on his best friend's shoulder, standing directly in front of the changing rooms. "Thanks, Baekhyun..." Chanyeol released him and sent Baekhyun a shining smile. The way he smiled and rasped his name made Baekhyun swoon, unbeknownst to Chanyeol. He was ready to just fall asleep. He wished he could stay in his arms forever.
 


It wasn’t rare for Baekhyun to receive random acts of affection or touches from his best friend. In fact, they were together whenever was possible with their schedules. Baekhyun always by his ‘Chanyeolie,’ and Chanyeol was always a step ahead or behind his ‘Baek-hyung.’ A pair known to all and never anything but a package deal.

However, hugs like these, filled with nothing but sincerity and only eyes and mind on Baekhyun, alone, were never something he nor his heart could handle or get used to.

The embrace in combination with Chanyeol calling him by his name without any honorifics or a joke to follow afterward was what warmed Baekhyun’s heart, reminding him this was what made him happy. He was more than content with this love from Chanyeol and being equal to the person he admired so much. These moments were what Baekhyun always waited for, always excited for the next time.

This time around, however, Baekhyun’s heart ached. It cried for more. His arms felt weak, cold, and his chest suddenly felt empty.
 


Baekhyun took a deep breath in and furrowed his eyebrows, "For what?" He asked, still in bewilderment while trying not to appear like he savored every second of the hug while replaying Chanyeol saying his name in his ear in his head. Baekhyun began to let his mind waver and drift into his fantasies before he could mentally slap himself. Fatigue got the best of his brain and self-control.
 


Chanyeol trudged towards him in the dark, reaching for him. His eyes shown dark, displaying his lust and love mixing as one behind his rich, dark chocolate colored eyes. Eyes that only looked at him. Baekhyun began leaning back on the velvet bed, closing his eyes, hearing nothing but his love’s heavy breathing overlap his, feeling nothing more than his ragged breaths tracing his collarbone while his silk shirt began to slide off with Chanyeol’s touch. Chanyeol kissed up his neck, tenderly, agonizingly slowly. Once he reached his ear, Chanyeol whispered his name, “Baek-“
 


Chanyeol began walking away and into the changing room, already removing his shirt, making Baekhyun come back to reality. Chanyeol looked over his shoulder at a still mostly-dazed Baekhyun.

Baekhyun started to breathe heavily but not from fatigue after their show. Baekhyun's eyes fought for dominance over his brain, trying to scourer his friend's lean torso and memorize its every detail. He forced his eyes to stay leveled, unmoving.

"For always knowing how to make me feel better. And before the concert and giving me another new Rilakkuma, thanks again Baek. I owe you!" Chanyeol walked further into the room, disappearing from Baekhyun's sight.

"..I have other ways to make you feel better..." Baekhyun murmured to himself before trying to calm down his overworking heart, as well as calm down a certain part of him that was making his skinny jeans impossibly tighter.

Baekhyun cleared his suddenly parched throat with a few grumbles and sips of water. He felt a light hand on his shoulder as he took a step toward the dressing room. He turned to see D.O, worry lacing his eyes.

“Are you…feeling better?" D.O asked, already dressed in comfy attire, hoodie, and sweatpants, to greet their families. Kyungsoo wasn’t about to ask if he was all right, he saw enough from the interaction that just took place to know his friend was probably not at his best. He chose to approach Baekhyun carefully and slowly. It was bothering him too much for f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter