Chapter Eleven

Lucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rapid-fire knocks on the door sounded throughout the room, making the two members on the bed jump, bumping their foreheads together.

"Are you guys going to get up yet? We've been waiting," D.O announced as their leader opened the door adding abruptly, "Family meeting! It's Sunday~!" Suho looked at the two with an overexaggerated corny smile.

The two of them groaned. Chanyeol fell on Baekhyun's shoulder as Baekhyun hurriedly pulled the blanket out from between them, then covered the both of them. A practiced motion for this particular event.
 


Suho's 'family day,' always resided on Sundays, the day after members fought and reconciled, whenever it was tense in the house, or whenever Suho deemed it as such.

EXO 'Family time' was either fun or oversentimental, corny sitdowns in a circle.

Fun days consisted of generally spending time together, eating out, hanging out, playing board games or having a video game tournament, have a cooking day, etc.

On the other hand, "Sentimental Sunday" as Baekhyun coined it and making it stick with the members, was dreaded by everyone in EXO. It was dreaded so much, the ex-members still complained about it from time to time, whenever EXO could sneakily message them or meet them. In most cases, Sentimental Sunday was exactly what one might have expected.

Suho would sit everyone down in some form of a circle, usually in the living room, and they would speak their minds, letting out complaints, solving said complaints, addressing issues or situations that could become issues, solving those conflicts or any others, or what everyone dreaded the most, sharing feelings about one another to 'strengthen the bond of members,' Suho explained to them the first time he brought it up. 

Everyone was always shy and embarrassed from start to finish. The guys understood their love and undying friendship with one another and felt it was unnecessary to somewhat forcibly compliment each other among the whole group, but they couldn't help but understand Suho's reasoning after EXO began to lose members.

Suho couldn't stand to lose anyone else. He hated not knowing what the other members were feeling or thinking. How could he help or lead if he didn't know their strengths and weaknesses well or if they were struggling? He had a point, so no one argued. He couldn't cope with not knowing a member's pain or letting them be alone, thus, family time was born to constantly remind each other they weren't just a formed KPOP group or business partners, they were family.
 


Under the sheets, Chanyeol's nose bumped into Baekhyun's with the lack of light.

It suddenly became quite stuffy and awkward. They both laughed awkwardly, glancing away from each other then back again at each other.

Baekhyun cleared his throat and wiped his eyes, "We- We should go..." he said solemnly.

Chanyeol swallowed, watching Baekhyun's expression. He nodded before getting off of Baekhyun, the blanket sliding off, unveiling the two. Chanyeol held his hand out for Baekhyun once he stepped off the bed.

Baekhyun mechanically accepted it, used to their routine. He mentally slapped himself. He thanked Chanyeol nonetheless.

"Ah...you- you can go first. I'm just going to change," Chanyeol stuttered, standing and facing his wardrobe, already deep inside of it.

Baekhyun nodded, adjusting his clothes before leaving.

"Don't take too long, I made breakfast for you two," D.O stated to Chanyeol as he closed the door behind Baekhyun.

As soon as the door shut, Chanyeol let out a long breath, falling to the floor. He sat, leaning back against the wardrobe's drawers. He raked a hand through his hair and kept it there.

What happened...?

He stared at Baekhyun's bed as if it would give him the answers he was looking for. He tried to replay what had occurred before Suho and D.O barged in, but for the life of him, all he could remember was seeing Baekhyun stare into his eyes and that he was frozen.

He closed his eyes to try and calm down for family time, but he couldn't stop envisioning Baekhyun's expressions, bright and cute, or the new one he had discovered, in pain and in utter despair...

Chanyeol groaned in frustration.
 


Chanyeol emerged in a pair of dark gray sweatpants with black strings and a black EXO shirt.

Kai raised an eyebrow at the sight. "...You're wearing Baekhyun's shirt, hyung."

Chanyeol glanced down at his shirt to indeed see Baekhyun's name across his chest in huge bold letters along with the number 4. Chanyeol closed his eyes, mentally berating himself. It was also backward. Chanyeol sighed, placed his arms into the shirt and spun it around. Chanyeol looked back up to see Baekhyun in the kitchen, their eyes meeting. He rubbed his neck. "...Can I borrow it today?"

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol blankly for a few seconds before nodding. He went back to trying to focus on whatever D.O was placing on his plate for breakfast. Upon realizing it was a pancake, eggs, and sausages, Baekhyun looked up at D.O confused. "It's not my birthday..." He frowned.

D.O simply smiled and told him to enjoy himself.

He looked back at the plate again and decided he had no energy in him to argue. He walked towards the kitchen table, only to be pulled over by Suho to sit on the living room sofas. Dead center.

Chanyeol was weary as he watched. He wanted to escape. The morning didn't bode well... Chanyeol knew the rest of the day wasn't going to be pleasant. D.O snapped him back to reality, offering him a full plate of the same breakfast he had served Baekhyun. He looked at the plate and smelled it. He drooled a bit but interrogated D.O, "Kyungsoo-yah... Is this poisoned?"

D.O shook his head, pushing Chanyeol onto the other sofa, between Sehun and Kai. He was placed in the middle of the other couch.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun ate quietly as the members lounged, watching TV or looking at their phones. The two of them continuously watched the other members, suspicious.

Chanyeol's eyes fell on Baekhyun as he was scanning the room and immediately pictured the incident from this morning. He choked on his food, prompting Suho to quickly offer a prepared glass of milk. Chanyeol squinted his eyes at his leader as he accepted it with a large gulp.

The leader began to speak before Chanyeol would begin questioning, "So, how did everyone sleep?" Suho looked around the room at everyone replying in short answers, except for the two who got up last. Suho looked at Baekhyun first.

Baekhyun gulped down his bite. "...Fine."

Suho turned to Chanyeol, waiting expectantly. Chanyeol stared at him blankly. He glanced at Baekhyun. "I didn't." Chanyeol sighed, knowing Suho would question him further because it was sharing time, and he and Baekhyun were the targets. "...I didn't sleep because I was caring for Baekhyun."

Suho smiled as if he were enlightened, like he didn't know, "Ahh... Is that so? You must be tired then from last night. You both can sleep in today." Upon announcing that, Suho usually asked about everyone's schedule then decided what they should do as a family and when.

It never came. Suho just sipped his coffee, watching some drama.

The other members kept to themselves or had small conversations.

Chanyeol was going to go crazy. He dropped his fork onto his plate, making everyone look at him. "That's it?" he asked, exasperated, scrutinizing Suho.

"Y-Yes... I thought that it would be nice to give you a break since you worked hard and showed us your love on nationwide television. Would you like for me to request a schedule today? I'm sure we can find someone that has a project for you." Suho offered kindly.

Chanyeol was still iffy. It didn't feel right. However, as much as he wanted to have time to himself and give Baekhyun space, he favored the rare breaks they got nowadays. He shook his head. "I'll...just be in the studio after breakfast."

Baekhyun, surprisingly spoke up then, "I'd like one. Is there anything for me?"

Everyone looked at Baekhyun like he wasn't speaking in the Korean language anymore. Suho was taken aback. "Uh... Th-There's a few people that want you to sing for their dramas... But..." He didn't know how to continue. Out of all people that deserved the off today, he wished for nothing more than for Baekhyun to stay home and rest.

Baekhyun nodded and smiled. "I'm fine. I got enough rest. Forward me some of the easy requests, I'll take a look-"

"Stay home," Chanyeol demanded, cutting Baekhyun off before standing up, taking Baekhyun's empty plate, and carrying them both to the kitchen sink.

Baekhyun was enraged. He stood and followed Chanyeol, leaning on the counter as Chanyeol washed their dishes and silverware. "You don't need to baby me, I already told you that. I have been making it out just fine all this time. You don't tell me what I should do with my time," he sassed. Baekhyun then turned to Suho, "I'll take whatever is the earliest schedule. I'll be ready in thirty minutes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter