Confess

Three Pointer Shot

For obvious reasons, it was extremely.. awkward today. Daniel, Seongwoo, and Sorim have been avoiding each other ever since the day began. It was hard enough knowing that Daniel and Seongwoo live together and that they have classes with Sorim every period. The moment Daniel thought about what kind of scene he managed to pull last night, horrified him. He regretted it knowing that it probably ruined his friendship with the two closest people he had. Whenever Seongwoo would appear in front of Daniel, he would casually walk away even though Daniel tried to talk to him.

 

It was the second period, Daniel sat down at his seat waiting for the class to begin. He saw Sorim from afar. She had her head down against her desk while wiggling her pencil within her fingers. He ran his hand through his hair and sighed lightly. Then, he heard a small thud. Daniel looked to his right and saw that it was Seongwoo's bag on his chair. This made Daniel look up, meeting Seongwoo's eyes, finally, Seongwoo acknowledged him. Seongwoo sat down on his seat and asked him if the class began. Daniel simply shook his head and leaned his forehead against the palm of his hand, making it noticeable that he had regretted every single moment of yesterday. 

"Let's talk after the fourth period. Meet me on the rooftop." Seongwoo confessed and opened his textbook open. Daniel glanced at him and nodded. 

 

-

The fourth-period class ended, making Daniel feel nervous for an odd reason. He packed up and walked out the door and headed towards the stairs that lead to the rooftop. When he finally got to the top, he grasped onto the knob and opened the door that led to the outdoors. He saw Seongwoo standing there with his back towards Daniel. Daniel breathed and walked towards him. 

"What was it that you needed to talk about?" Daniel asked Seongwoo.

"Was it true?" Seongwoo asked in a monotone voice. Daniel stopped his steps a couple of feet away from Seongwoo and slid his hands into his pockets. Seongwoo turned around and faced Daniel with a serious, yet pissed off look. Daniel blinked, looked down at his feet, rubbed his fingers across his jawline and nodded. Seongwoo smirked and let out a single laugh.

"But wasn't it obvious that I liked her first?" Seongwoo asked in a more serious tone. Daniel stood there in silence as he still had his head down. Daniel furrowed his eyebrows and lifted one of them up slightly as he listened to Seongwoo.

"I really-" Seongwoo let out a small single laugh again and looked at Daniel. "I really like her and I know you're not dumb to not know that. How could you do this to me? You embarrassed me in front of-" He stated.

"First? Dumb? Embarrassed?" Daniel said, lifted his head and glared at Seongwoo. "You're not being serious are you?" Daniel asked. Seongwoo stood there in confusion, but still had a serious look on his face.

"I don't know what the hell you are talking about, but I liked her first." Daniel started to get angry. "You say that I'm not dumb. Yeah, you're right! I'm not ing dumb." Daniel's voice started to rise.

"But you know what? I might not be dumb, but I feel like I ever since yesterday. And what? Embarrassed? How do you think I felt yesterday after causing a scene?" Daniel breathed heavily as he yelled at Seongwoo.

"You say that you like her first, but no." Daniel's hand formed a fist. "I did." He confessed.

Seongwoo looked at him with a confused look, "What the hell are you talking about Kang Daniel." 

"You don't remember do you.." Daniel was angry but disappointed in his best friend.

"Remember what exactly?" Seongwoo took a step in as he was losing patience.

Daniel let out a single laugh and wiped the corner of his lips with his thumb. "The day of your grandfather's funeral, after it ended, you asked me to join you for a drink. Despite school starting the next day, I went with you because I cared about you. While you were drinking your off, you began talking about your sickening love life. You expressed that love wasn't for you and how every relationship you had, didn't work out. " Daniel's anger was building up, so he took a breath and looked at Seongwoo again. "Then it I started to wonder if I liked anyone, and you know who I thought of? It was Sorim." Daniel confessed and watched as Seongwoo's eyes widened a bit. "I told you right then and there that I liked her." Daniel ran his hand through his hair. "You were the first person ever to know this secret of mine."

"But you know what? Maybe you were right, I shouldn't have embarrassed you like that, make a scene and all. It felt strange to say those words from my own mouth because I never liked anyone before. But now look at me, as soon as the day began, you and Sorim kept avoiding me. Do you know how ty I felt when the two closest friends I have weren't even talking to me? Is this what I get for making a grand scene yesterday?" Daniel's anger decreased as he realized he felt pain in his chest. Seongwoo's mouth parted a bit and as he rubbed his forehead with his hand he confessed, "I'm sorry...I-I didn't know you liked her. I-"

"Yeah, of course, you didn't. I don't blame you, you were drunk. And you know why I couldn't confess to her? Because that whole summer she was gone. She wasn't even in Korea. Apparently, she ran away to the States because her parents got a divorce. No one ing knew about it, I felt crappy inside. Knowing that she is suffering from something that I can't even talk about, kills me." Daniel bit his inner lip.

"But you know what, I don't blame you. No, I can't blame you for not knowing this. I'm just so ing mad at myself for putting you and her in this kind of situation. But let me be honest, I am a little disappointed in you for liking someone that I already like." Daniel let out a small single laugh.

"I never knew this would happen. Maybe if I kept my mouth shut that night, you wouldn't have known and I wouldn't have been bothered about this the whole time." Daniel said and looked at Seongwoo. Seongwoo sighed lightly and bit his lip. 

"I'm sorry, Daniel." Seongwoo confessed.

"Save it, you probably have the better chance of being with her anyways." Daniel said, turned around and walked out the door leaving Seongwoo behind outside.