Common Sense

Three Pointer Shot

The boys were already out at court, practicing shots through the hoop. It was a good thing they were all going to be on the same team. They were giving each other advice on what to do during the real game so they had the chance of to win even more. Daniel's attention went to Sorim as he heard her and her friends talking as they walked over to the court.

"Great.." He whispered to himself as he wiped his sweaty face with his small towel. Gunhee was panting as he was trying to regain his breath. He looked up and saw that it was Sorim and her friends. "Here they are!" He smiled and exclaimed which made everyone else turn to see that they were coming. Seongwoo was dribbling the basketball as he was looking at Sorim walking over. He couldn't help but to place a small grin on his face. Daniel noticed, frustrated him a bit. Sorim and her two friends finally arrived, they waved and handed everyone a cold water bottle. 

"Aw thanks!" Jinyoung smiled and chugged the bottle. 

"Thank you Sorim." Seongwoo smiled as he patted her back. Daniel took the water bottle from her, glanced at her, and looked away. Sorim frowned and walked over to the bench to watch. The boys started to play, it was getting intense by the minute. Sorim had her attention to each guy that was playing on the courts. 

"Dongho is really good." Her friend said and Sorim agreed. 

Daniel had the ball, he was dribbling, glancing left and right. He quickly turned over to the right then left which caught the players off guard. He bumped into Seongwoo's shoulder really hard and made the shot up in the air. Seongwoo fell to the ground and Sorim gasped a little wondering if he was okay. Daniel notitced what he had done, but he didn't feel sorry about it at all. 

"Are you okay?" Sewoon asked as he helped Seongwoo up. 

"Yeah I'm fine." Seongwoo dusted his shirt and continued to play.

Sewoon had the ball this time, he passed it to Gunhee, and Gunhee passed it to Daniel. He continued to dribble, looked sideways, saw that Seongwoo ran up to him trying to block Daniel's way. Daniel again bumped into him making him fall again. He made another shot, feeling good about himself. He turned around and that is when he saw Seongwoo up on his face. Seongwoo grabbed Daniel's collar and yelled at him. 

"WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?" He yelled which made Sorim and her friends gasp.

"Woah woah, this is not the time!" Jinyoung tried to break Daniel and Seongwoo apart.

"NO, TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG. OBVIOUSLY, YOU HAD TO PUSH ME DOWN TWO TIMES FOR A REASON AND I KNOW YOU ARE NOT THE TYPE TO DO THAT WITHOUT A REASON!" Seongwoo was mad which made Daniel furious. Daniel pushed Seongwoo back forcefully and grabbed his collar. 

"YOU REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND DO YOU. YOU HAVE BEEN ACTING WEIRD AROUND MY FRIENDS LATELY, IT PISSES ME OFF!" Daniel yelled louder, this was his first time anyone has seen him this angry before. Sorim stood there in shock. The rest of the boys were scared to make any move so they just stood still and watched.

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S BEEN ACTING SHADY LATELY. WHAT THE HELL DID I DO WRONG?" Seongwoo asked as he grabbed onto Daniel's collar.

"Guys just break-" Gunhee took a step in.

"DO YOU LIKE SORIM OR SOMETHING?" Daniel shouted at Seongwoo. Even for himself, he was surprised that those words came out. There was a complete silence for a minute. Sorim looked around, the boys glanced at her then back to Daniel and Seongwoo. 

"Yes, I like her. Is this what this is all about?" Seongwoo asked as he began to lower his tone.

Daniel let go of Seongwoo's collar, for a reason he felt betrayed by his own best friend. Daniel bit his inner lip and sighed. "Okay then." Daniel grabbed his belongings. Sorim and Daniel made eye contact and she watched him walk away. 

There was a huge moment of silence. 

"I think.... we should just go back to our dorms and call it a day." Dongho grabbed the basketball and said. But still, Sorim couldn't believe what just happened. 

Sorim then started to run after Daniel, but he was no where to be found. She checked his dorm, the cafeteria, and the gym. She ran into the boys locker room, where she found Daniel sitting on the seat with his head down. Daniel had his towel wrapped against the back of his neck. He rubbed his hands against his face and sighed.

"Are you okay?" Sorim asked and started to approach Daniel slowly. Daniel looked over and saw that it was Sorim. He sighed and stood up. "You shouldn't be here. This is-"

"What was that all about?" Sorim asked with worry. Daniel stood there, looking at her. He felt like he had no excuse anymore because of the scene that he made. 

"Look, I just got a little competetive, wanted to win and Seongwoo-"

"Does he like me?" Sorim asked as she stood still and waited for Daniel's answer.

"Is it not obvious?" He asked her. Sorim blinked, played with her fingers and looked down.

"He touches you, he is always with you, and he smiles whenever he sees you. And-"

"Why does that bother you though?" Sorim raised her head, looked into Daniel's eyes and waited for his response.

Daniel stood there thinking why it bothered him so much that his best friend likes a girl. 

"Because...I like you too.." Daniel said softly and watched Sorim as her eyes grew.

"W-what...? How? I-"

"I don't know either... I don't know when I started to like you, okay? It just bothered me so much that my own best friend likes the same girl I like." Daniel admitted and saw that Sorim was still surprised.

"I...I don't know what to say...today is just too much for me." And with that, she turned around, and ran out the boys locker room.