The Unlucky Ones

Three Pointer Shot

It was like any other day. Usually, Sorim would take the bus to school, but today she decided to intake the fresh air and walk. She quite enjoyed it actually, it has been a while since she actually went for a walk. The slight wind ran through her hair, she closed her eyes as she tilted her head back in taking the wonderful breeze. For some reason, she felt at peace. Despite what happened between her, Seongwoo, and Daniel, she tried to find a little bit of happiness. It wasn't like Daniel and Seongwoo are completely not friends anymore. With that thought, she went to school with a positive thought. 

As soon as she entered the school building she saw Daniel a couple feet away from her. He was leaning against the locker doors talking to a couple of his male friends. For a second, Daniel shifted his vision towards Sorim which she was just standing there looking at Daniel. Sorim had a hopeful look on her face, but then again, Daniel placed a serious look and fixed his attention towards his friends. With that, Sorim sighed lightly and looked down at her shoes. 

"Sorim!" She heard her name being called. She turned around and saw that it was Seongwoo. He smiled lightly and waved as he walked up to her. As he stood next to her, she poked his side and flickered her eyes towards Daniel's direction. Seongwoo turned his head and saw Daniel looking at them with annoyance. Daniel scoffed lightly and slammed his locker door shut and walked away. 

Sorim sighed and Seongwoo looked at her, "It's fine, he will get over it sooner or later." He tried assuring Sorim. She looked up at him and smiled lightly. In the inside, they both knew that it was going to be difficult for Daniel to put this issue over his shoulder. The first bell rang and with that, they both headed to class with an uneasy heart.

Students were bickering with each other, a guy was playing his guitar, three girls were leaned back against their chairs and chewing their piece of gum ever so obnoxiously. Sorim was working on assignments from her other classes, Seongwoo was talking to his friends by the window, and Daniel... well he just sat on his chair flicking his pencil back and forth as he leaned against his own chair. 

"But did you hear about the PTA meeting coming soon? I heard every student's mother in this class needs to attend." A female student said. Sorim raised her head and started to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Yeah, I heard that it's next week and they're going to discuss a trip for our class." A girl said excitingly as she clapped her hands. Daniel fixated his attention to their conversation and rolled his eyes towards Sorim. He took a glimpse at Sorim's back view and looked away slowly as if he was still annoyed. The bell rang once more, the teacher walked in and placed his books down. He turned around grabbing a piece of chalk and started to write "PTA Meeting D-3."

The students gathered themselves amongst their individual desks and paid attention to the teacher. The teacher turned around and placed both of his hands on his little podium. "In three days, your mothers will come to this school and hold a small meeting to discuss a trip for you guys." He said as the students cheered.

"So please, tell your mothers to come so we can hold a meeting." The teacher announced. 

A female student turned around and faced Sorim. She looked up with a bit surprised look and smiled awkwardly. "Is your mother coming?" The student asked. Suddenly, the room felt stuffy and she stuttered, "O-oh, yeah, I think so!" Sorim tried to sound excited, but there was something off with her tone. Daniel raised an eyebrow as he looked over and scoffed lightly. Then, Seongwoo sat down in his seat which was next to Daniel's. Daniel turned his head to look up front to avoid any interaction with Seongwoo

"So when are you going to stop avoiding me?" Seongwoo asked as he looked forward. 

"Avoid? Who, me?" Daniel said.

"Then who else would I be talking to about this?" Seongwoo turned his head to Daniel. 

"Who are you to talk to me," Daniel said coldly. With that, Seongwoo couldn't help but get offended. 

"Excuse me, what did you say?" Seongwoo said seriously as he was starting to get angry. Daniel rolled his eyes and tilted his head to meet eyes with him. "Obviously, you don't know who you are talking to." 

"This bastard-" Ong grabbed Daniel by his collar with his left hand. Daniel's blank expression was clear to Sorim and she was afraid something was going to go down. Seongwoo stood up dragging Daniel upwards and punched him in the face. At that point, Seongwoo anger rose and could not help but to release. The girls screamed as they saw Daniel fall to the floor. Sorim stood up in school, with wide eyes she stared at both of them. She could not believe what she had seen, she wanted to do something but she did not know what. Daniel traced his tongue to the left side of his inner cheek and touched the side of his lips. 

"Oh?" He sarcastically questioned as he saw blood on his fingers. He cleared his throat lightly and got himself to stand back up. He turned his head and met eyes with Seongwoo which he found Seongwoo staring dead straight into Daniel's eyes. 

"I haven't felt that in a long time, huh." Daniel scoffed as he began to the buttons of his school's uniform jacket.

Seongwoo formed a fist, "Then you shouldn't have pissed me off." He raised his right eyebrow and bit his inner lip as he was tempted to beat Daniel. Then Daniel scoffed once more and rolled his neck and looked dead straight into Seongwoo's eyes. As he took a step forward, the students in the class gasped softly. 

"You obviously forgot how my fist felt." With that, Daniel threw a punch, having Seongwoo fall to the floor. Sorim gasped and covered with her hands as she saw Seongwoo. Seongwoo wiped his mouth with his thumb to see blood. He lightly threw his head back and smirked. He picked himself up and charged towards Daniel again with another punch. As Daniel was about to serve another one, Sorim screamed, "Stop it!" 

As soon as Daniel heard Sorim scream, about to punch Seongwoo, he stopped midway and looked at her. He noticed how scared she was. Seongwoo turned his head to look at Sorim. She was on the verge of tears and that made both of them lose their grip against each other.

The class started to whisper words into their classmate's ears. Sorim noticed and looked up at the two boys that had blood on their faces, fists red, messy hair, and their wrinkled uniforms. Sorim then ran out of the classroom while crying. Daniel and Seongwoo took a step forward wanting to chase after her, but they glanced at each other and looked away.