Nothing To Understand

Three Pointer Shot

One step, two step, then shoot. Daniel lifted himself from the ground and made a shot into the net. Again and again, he dribbled his basketball across the court and continuously made shots. After an hour of practice, Minhyuk and Daniel fell onto the ground, let out heavy breaths, and trying to grasp for air. 

Minhyuk and Daniel starred at the ceiling. Minhyuk turned his head towards Daniel and looked at him for a bit. 

"What?" Daniel asked.

"You know your close friend, Sorim?" He asked. Then, Daniel glarred. He turned his head to face him. 

"Yeah what about her?" Daniel asked as he still let out heavy breaths.

"What grade is she in?" Minhyuk asked.

"Same grade. Why?" Daniel sat up.

"Nothing just curious that's all." Minhyuk sat up as well. They both looked among the distance. 

"Have you ever had motivation to do something you really want?" Daniel asked as he held onto his basketball. Minhyuk thought about the question and nodded. 

"Yeah I want to play basketball because my motivation is happiness. Why, what about You? What motivation do you have?" He asked Daniel. 

Daniel fell into deep thought. He looked at his basketball. He wondered what his motivation was then realized that he didn't have one. Also, he thought that he played basketball ever since he was young because he was naturally good at it.

"I don't know if I have a motivation. I think I'm just doing what I do because I've done it for so long." Daniel looked into space. 

Minhyuk asked if Daniel was okay. Something about him seems off. Daniel brushed off the peculiar feeling and got up.

"One more round then let's get out of here." Daniel suggested as he dribbled his ball. 

-

After practice, Daniel and Minhyuk went to the market to get ice cream. Since it was humid out, they thought ice cream would do the trick of cooling them down. As they both had their ice cream in their hands, they walked into the building to where they lived. Minhyuk interrupted and tapped Daniel.

"There's your friend." 

Daniel looked over to where Minhyuk was pointing at and saw Sorim talking to some of her friends. Daniel took his ice cream  out of his mouth and looked at Sorim. For some reason it annoyed Daniel to see her. 

-

Sorim turned her head as one of her friends noticed that Daniel was near her. She saw that he was looking at her so she waved. With that, that was Daniels cue to walk away. Her facial expression changed as she noticed he just walked away without giving her at least a smile. She wondered if something was wrong.