First Day Back

Three Pointer Shot

"Tomorrow is your first day back at Haewon Sports University, are you nervous?" Daniel's mother asked. 

"Rather than being nervous, I am excited. I get to be on the courts again." Daniel smiled and picked up his spoon to start eating dinner with his family.

"Junior year is going to be tough, can you accomplish it?" His father asked while munching on his food.

"Of course, it is my duty to do well and please my parents." He giggled while eating.

"That's my son." Daniel's dad grinned.

"How is Sorim doing? Is she still overseas?" Daniel's older brother asked.

"I heard she came back to Seoul a few days ago, I haven't talked to her ever since she left." Daniel shrugged. 

"Take care of her, she must be going through a hard time." His mom requested Daniel.

"What do you mean?" Daniel asked in confusion while looking worried.

"Did you not here...?" Her mother said in worry.

"No, I mean she told me that she was going oversea because her parents wanted her to study abroad for a bit." Daniel pointed out and placed down his chopsticks. For a moment, the aptmosphere was silent.

"Her parents got a divorce and Sorim ran away. Her parents reached out to me and asked if she was with us, but later they found out that she was in the states...alone." Daniel's dad sighed, but to lighten the mood he told everyone to continue eating.

Daniel spaced off in disbelief. He felt bad not knowing what had really happened. After dinner, Daniel went up to his room, sat on his chair, opened up his laptop, logged onto Facebook. He scrolled down the chat bar until he saw Lee Sorim. He clicked her name and began typing away.

 

It's been a while, I heard youre back in the states, you haven't reached out to me in a while. How are you?

Hey Daniel, I'm well, how are you? Sorry, I was just busy packing for school.

Oh really?

At time time, Daniel knew that she was lying, but because he did not want to upset her even more, he did not confront her about it.

What are you up lately? It's seriously been so long.

I have been packing too. I'm excited for school. Have you missed me?

Why in the world would I miss you, haha. Hey I have to go now, parents want me to eat dinner. I'll see you tomorrow at school, okay?

With that, he didn't respond because he knew she was lying. She didn't know that Daniel knew her secret. He didn't know if it would be alright if he mention it to her. Daniel scratched the back of his head and shut his laptop. He was geninely worried for his friend.

-

It was Wednesday, 8:00am and everyone was outside lined up behind these tall poles with the letters A-G. This showed who lived in which dormatory. When Daniel got there, he brought out his luggages with his parents. He hugged them goodbye and lined up behind the pole A. He met his friends there, they instantly hugged and welcomed each other. 

"Yo, it's been a while. How was your break?" Jonghyun asked.

"It was good, how about yours?" Daniel chuckled.

As Jonghyun was answering, Daniel gazed his eyes behind Jonghyun and found Sorim with her friends. Suddenly, his smile disappeared and he had a worried look on his face. Sorim was smiling and laughing with her friends.

"That's great! I'll be back. I'm going to say hi to my other friends." Daniel patted Jonghyun's shoulder and walked towards Sorim.

Sorim turned her head to the side and smiled brightly. She put her hand up and waved to Daniel. Daniel smiled and waved back.

"Ay Sorim, look at you." Daniel patted her on the back.

"It's nice to see you again Daniel. How are your parents?" She asked with a bright smile. Daniel knew it was fake.

"Um my parents are well." Daniel awkwardly smiled. He didn't want to ask back because he was afraid of what would happen.

From afar, they both heard a whistle blow. They turned their attention towards the person who blew the whistle.

"I think it's time to go, I'll hit you up soon." Daniel said and walked back to his line.

"Good morning everyone, welcome back to Haewon. How is everyone feeling?" A secretary spoke into a microphone.

Everyone yelled and sounded excited. After cheering, Daniel looked at Sorim from his line. Sorim looked happy as she was cheering with her friends. Daniel sighed, placed his hands into his pockets and paid his attention back to the secretary.