Hungover

Slytherin To Your Heart

“No. no. No way in ing hell. No no no,” Kyungwon stammered. She turned to Siyeon.

 

“No. This is your fault,”

 

Siyeon looked just as shocked as Kyungwon, mouth hanging wide open.

 

“Yuyu… I-I-”

 

“This isn’t true. It’s not me,” Kyungwon crossed her arms, staring down.

 

“Kyungwon,” McGonagall called again, beckoning for the Slytherin to go forward. Nayoung hoisted Kyungwon up, making her stand. The hall was dead silent.

 

“Come here, Miss Kang,” McGonagall called again.

 

“Good luck, Headmaster. That mutt is un-trainable,” someone from the Gryffindor table yelled.

 

“I WILL SHOVE MY WAND UP YOUR , WEN,” Nayoung screamed.

“Silence!” McGonagall roared. “Miss Kang, here now!”

 

Kyungwon felt like the world was spinning. She slowly made her way up to the front. Professor Slughorn was there to meet her.

 

“No one’s mad at you, my dear,” he said hushed. “While we are a little confused on why a fourth name popped out, we are not upset with you,”

Kyungwon nodded as he led her towards the back room. The three champions looked at her warily as she entered.

 

“Do they need us back out there?” Jackson asked.

 

Kyungwon shifted awkwardly on her feet. “Um, actually-”

 

“Champions!” Headmaster Yuri called, walking into the room with another man by her side. “It seems as if we are in a predicament,”

 

“I am Park Bo-gum,” the other man introduced. “I work for the ministry. I am Head of Magical Law Enforcement,”

 

“He is here to explain the cup issue,”

 

“Issue? What issue?” Minkyung asked.

 

“The name issue. There are four champions this year,”

 

“What?!“ the other three champions yelled. Kyungwon bowed her head.

 

"Didn’t this happen last time? I thought you had this fixed,” Jackson demanded.

 

“So did we but apparently the Ministry screwed up again,” Yuri rolled her eyes.

Jiyoo walked up to Kyungwon. “You told me you were not going to enter,”

 

“I didn’t,” Kyungwon murmured. Jiyoo noticed the girl’s distress. She took ahold of one of her hands.

 

“It will be okay,” Jiyoo assured. “We will get through this together,”

 

Kyungwon gave a small smile. As much as she didn’t want to admit it, she found it kind of exciting that she gets to go on this adventure.

 

Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad.

 

~~

 

Minkyung eyed the new couple warily.

 

Who the was this girl? Some French bimbo from that pretentious Beauxbatons. Ugh...

 

She scoffed, crossing her arms. There was no way she was going to let Kyungwon and her new little ‘gal-pal’ ruin this moment for her.

 

“So what you are saying is that we are going through with four champions?” Jackson asked.

 

“Yes,” Bo-gum nodded. “Since it was the Goblet’s will to have four champions again, there will be four champions,”

 

“Well, alright,” Jackson said. He still looked slightly confused.

 

“Now, about the first task,” Bo-gum cleared his throat.

 

The four teenagers and headmasters leaned in, curious about what it might be. Bo-gum looked at them, a mischievous look in his eyes.

 

“Make sure you study your Greek mythology,”

Mr. Park stepped back, a smirk on his face.

 

“What the ,” Sooyoung growled. “That’s not telling us what it is. That’s just a clue,”

 

“Exactly, Professor Sooyoung, a clue for the first task,”

 

“That was so vague,” Sooyoung complained. “Like, that could either mean they have to climb Mount Olympus or have a ing baklava eating competition,”

 

“Choi,” Yuri warned.

 

“Give us some more hints, cause what are the kids gonna prepare for? The Olympics?” Sooyoung huffed.

 

Minkyung furrowed her brows. Greek mythology… that was with Zeus and Aphrodite, right? She remembered that the tasks were usually physical… maybe a chariot race? Or labyrinth? Oh Merlin, did she have to battle the ing Minotaur?

 

She looked over at the other champions. Kyungwon and French Hoe looked as confused as she did, but Minkyung saw the gears working in Jackson’s mind. He probably knew what they were up against.

 

“Please tell us,” French Hoe asked. “Studying the Greek myths doesn’t tell us anything,”

 

“I’m sorry, Mademoiselle Ji-yoo,”   Bo-gum sighed. “That is all I am allowed to say,”

 

“You’re a piece of , you know that?” Sooyoung growled.

 

“Sooyoung!” Yuri scolded, although she secretly was proud. “Thank you, Bo-gum, that will be all,”

 

The headmaster of Durmstrang turned to the remaining people. “I bid good luck to you all,”

 

McGonagall pulled Kyungwon and Minkyung aside.

 

“Well, I’d like to say my congratulations to both of you,” she said formally. “Quidditch captain and Head Girl, a fine match if I say so myself,”

 

Minkyung nodded at the woman politely while Kyungwon mumbled a weak thanks.

 

“Now, I must warn you that the bad blood between your houses will thicken in the next few months,” McGonagall sighed. “Since the natural rivalry between Slytherin and Gryffindor is horrendous, I’m afraid it’s going to be much worse since you two are our champions,”

 

Minkyung gave the professor a sweet smile. “Don’t worry, Headmaster. I won’t let that bother me,”

 

“Yes, I know you won’t,” McGonagall said almost bitterly. “I ask you please, do not edge them on, Miss Kim. Especially during the Quidditch matches,”

 

Minkyung pretended to be taken aback, she had gotten very good at acting over the past few years from pretending to like Kyungwon in front of her parents.

 

“Professor! When have I ever done that?” Minkyung gasped.

 

“Your obliviousness does not amuse me, Miss Kim” McGonagall scowled. “I will more than happily take back your captainship if I hear of any antics you pull on Slytherin house,”

 

McGonagall left the room, leaving Kyungwon and Minkyung alone.

 

“Erm… congratulations,” Kyungwon mumbled.

 

“Save it,” Minkyung snapped. “Just stay out of my way. There’s no way I’m losing to a ing mutt,”

 

~~

 

Kyungwon returned to the dungeons to be greeted with chaos.

Students were running about, blasting music and chugging from cups and bottles while random confetti and objects were thrown around the common room.

 

“WONTON!” Nayoung cheered, rushing to greet her friend. She er a cup into the girl’s hand. “Congratulations!”

 

“What in Merlin’s name is going on?” Kyungwon asked.

 

“We’re celebrating!” Kyla grinned.

 

“Yeah, it’s not every day someone becomes a Triwizard champ!” Nayoung hoisted her cup into the air and cheered.

 

“Yuyu, I’m so sorry,” Siyeon rushed up to Kyungwon. “I had no idea you would actually get picked, I-I thought that it would overlook your name and-”

 

“Ddidi, it’s fine,” Kyungwon put a hand on Siyeon’s shoulder. “I knew what I was getting into when you went to put my name in. I was the last person I thought would get picked,”

 

“I’m so sorry-”

 

“Don’t sweat it, I’ll be fine. Cause you’re going to help me,” Kyungwon drank the fire whiskey in her cup. It burned .

 

“You aren’t mad?”

 

“I’m too terrified to be mad,” Kyungwon admitted. “But I’m planning on getting raging drunk tonight, so I’ll worry about it in the morning,”

 

“That’s my wonton!” Nayoung cheered, dumping the content of her cup into Kyungwon’s.

 

“Bottoms up!”

 

~~

 

In the library, Kyungwon felt like death.

 

It was the morning after the celebration rave in the Slytherin dungeons, and Kyungwon really regretted doing that butterbeer keg stand.

 

She was currently working on her Potions essay… or what her Potions essay was suppose to be. Right now it was just a piece of paper with two words that looked similar to Candelabra Carmello.

 

Why did she let Nayoung convince her to get drunk? Her head felt like a deadweight and her sunglasses weren’t dark enough.

 

Books slammed down next to Kyungwon; the sound made her flinch and groan.

 

“Oops, sorry,” Yebin apologized, sliding into a chair across from Kyungwon. She noticed how the Slytherin was so disoriented.

 

“You look like hell,” the Gryffindor commented.

 

“Thanks,” Kyungwon grumbled.

 

Yebin smiled happily. “Anytime. Congratulations on getting picked,”

 

“Thanks,”

 

There was an awkward pause between the two. Yebin cleared .

 

“Can I help you with something?” Kyungwon asked.

 

“Actually, yes. You’re in most of my classes this year, right?”

 

“Yeah, like every other year,” Kyungwon grumbled. It’s not that she’s trying to be rude, it’s just too early for her to deal with anyone.

 

“Well, Sana tutored me last year in a lot of my subjects, and since you dated-”

 

“Wait,” Kyungwon’s hand shot up in a stop motion. “You want me to tutor you?”

 

Instead of answering, Yebin took Kyungwon’s wrist and examined it.

 

“I can’t believe you still wear this,” Yebin muttered, toying with the fabric on the girl’s wrist. “You know she took hers off ages ago,”

 

Kyungwon snatched her hand away from the girl’s. She rubbed her bracelet self-consciously.

 

“When I said forever, I meant it,”

 

Yebin nodded understandingly. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

“Anyways,” she started. “I was wondering if you could help me,”

 

“Why not just ask another Ravenclaw?” Kyungwon asked.

 

“Because the classes I need the most help in I share with you, and you’re the smartest in our classes,”

 

Kyungwon contemplated for a moment. It’s not that she had anything against Yebin, it was just…..Minkyung.

 

“I guess I could help,” Kyungwon shrugged. “I’m not so sure how good I am of a teacher, but I can try,”

 

“Thanks,” Yebin smiled broadly. “I really appreciate that,”

 

Kyungwon gave her a tight smile, the pounding in her head becoming more prominent.

 

“Do you know what the first task is going to be?” Yebin asked curiously. Kyungwon really wasn’t in the mood for chit chat.

 

“Look, I’m trying not to be a , but I have the worst hangover right now, so I’m not sure I’m in the right mood for talking,”

 

“Hangover?” Yebin tilted her head curiously. “Why didn’t you say so? I have the perfect cure for that,”

 

~~

 

“Are you ing serious,” Minkyung muttered. It was the time slot for the Gryffindor quidditch try outs, and who was here? The spawn of Satan.

Im ing Nayoung.

 

Minkyung’s grip tightened on her Firebolt 4000, turning her knuckles white.

 

The Slytherin quidditch team were flying around the field. They weren’t even practicing, they were flying around like headless monkeys.

 

“What are they doing here?” Minkyung grumbled.

 

“We can ask them to leave nicely,” Hoshi suggested, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. Everyone knew that when there was a confrontation between Minkyung and Nayoung, someone ended up crying.

 

Not the girls, but someone who was watching who didn’t understand how someone could be so cruel.

 

Minkyung saw Siyeon fly towards Nayoung to tell her something. Nayoung smirked at the Gryffindors down below. She flew down to greet them with Siyeon.

 

“Well, if it isn’t Pride and Prejudice,” Nayoung chuckled. In the back, you could hear second years whimpering. Im Nayoung was pure cruelty. If she wanted, she could make you feel smaller than Chaeyoung…(cute smol bean)

 

“What displeasure do I have to see you today, Ogre Eyes?” Nayoung crossed her arms, frowning at Minkyung.

 

Minkyung scowled, tensing up. “What do you think you’re doing on the pitch?”

 

“Um, practicing?” Nayoung furrowed her eyes, confused. She flipped her hair over her shoulder. “Actually, you caught us. We are practicing to perform at Wembley Stadium. Surprise, I’m the rapper!”

 

Minkyung rolled her eyes, unamused. “It’s Gryffindor tryouts, get out,”

 

“How polite,”

 

“Now, Im,”

 

“Ooh, last names, I’m so scared,” Nayoung held a hand over , not putting more than 3% of effort into her acting; Minkyung wasn’t worth her time.

 

“Give me one good reason why I should leave,” Nayoung challenged.

 

“It’s the rules, it’s booked for Gryffindor right now,”

 

“Rules schmules, I break them everyday,”

 

“Which is why you’re a delinquent. I won’t be surprised if you’re in Azkaban a month after we graduate,” Minkyung paused, before grinning wickedly. “You’ll be with your traitorous grandmother,”

 

Nayoung fumed, blowing air out of her nose angrily and whipping out her wand.

 

“Everte statum!”

 

Minkyung was thrown into the air, blown backwards. She crashed into one of the posts.

 

Minkyung immediately got up, you could practically see the steam leave her ears.

 

“You !” she screamed. “You’re going to regret that!”

 

“Bring it on, Golden !”

 

Minkyung stormed over towards the tall brunette while everyone else watched.

 

“Incarcerous!”

 

“Expelliarmus!”

 

Minkyung’s wand flew out of her hand and onto the grass. Nayoung gave a smug smirk.

 

“You little-”

 

“Langlock!”

 

Minkyung went silent, the spell glued her tongue to the roof of . She flipped Nayoung off.

 

Some Gryffindors reached for their wands, ready to duel with the Slytherins.

“Save it,” Nayoung held her hands up as if to surrender. “We’re leaving. Move out, team!”

 

She sent one last smirk to Minkyung as she exited the pitch.

 

“You know she’s going to tell Lupin you jinxed her,” Siyeon laughed.

 

Nayoung shrugged. “No one messes with my grandma,”

 

~~

 

“Wow,” Kyungwon gaped. “That was amazing,”

 

Yebin smiled. “Thanks, my dad taught it to me,”

 

“I don’t even have a headache anymore,”

 

Yebin nodded as she set the glass down. “It is literally the best hangover cure,”

 

The two girls were currently in Yebin’s room at Gryffindor tower. No one gave Kyungwon a weird look when she entered, probably because she wearing Cambridge University sweats and a Christen Press football jersey. Muggle clothes.

 

“I AM GOING TO DESTROY HER!” someone yelled, making the girls jump.

 

“, that’s Minkyung. Quick, hide in the closet!” Yebin said hurriedly, pushing Kyungwon towards to door.

 

Kyungwon started to loudly protest. “I HAVE SPENT FIFTEEN YEARS IN THE CLOSET AND I WILL NOT BE CONDEMNED BACK-”

 

“Get over your pride! Do you really want Minkyung to see you?” Yebin hushed, shoving Kyungwon in before locking the door. She heard the Slytherin whimper in protest.

 

Minkyung burst through the door with Eunwoo trailing behind.

 

“You know destroying people is never the answer,” Eunwoo scolded.

 

“But she deserves it,” Minkyung grumbled as she flopped down on her bed.

 

“What’s it this time?” Yebin asked curiously, not moving from her closet door. She kept one hand on the handle.

 

“Who do you think? Nayoung attacked me,”

 

Yebin sighed. “Did you provoke her?”

 

“Why do you always think it’s me?” Minkyung complained. “I asked her to leave the field and she flung me into a post. She crazy,”

 

Yebin bit her lip, unsure on how she was going to get her roommates out of her room so she could sneak Kyungwon out.

 

“I can’t wait to win the tournament so I could shove the eternal glory in her stupid little face,” Minkyung said. “Imagine the look on Nayoung’s face when I win,”

 

“I think you would be more happy with winning than shoving it down ,” Eunwoo said. Minkyung grumbled.

 

“Hey, don’t let this ruin your day,” Eunwoo comforted. “Want to go to Hogsmeade? I’m sure a butterbeer will cheer you up,”

 

“Sure, whatever,” Minkyung grumbled as Eunwoo hoisted her up.

 

“Yeb, you coming?” Minkyung asked, noticing that her friend hadn’t moved.

 

“Uh, I can meet you guys there,” Yebin said awkwardly.

 

Minkyung raised an eyebrow. “Alright, but we can go after I get changed. Can I borrow your-”

 

“NO,” Yebin blurted out, putting her other hand behind her back to cover the knob.

 

Minkyung and Eunwoo shared a look, concerned about their friend’s strange behavior.

 

“Are you alright, Yebin?” Eunwoo asked.

 

“Of course, why wouldn’t I be?” Yebin stammered. “Why do you want to borrow my clothes, you have lots of clothes and they are in the drawers and not this closet. Nothing’s in this closet except for robes and ties. That’s it,”

 

Minkyung blinked at the girl, growing more confused by the moment.

 

“Just ties and robes,” Yebin repeated.

 

Minkyung’s eyes widened. “Oh I get it,”

 

“Get what?” Yebin asked.

 

Minkyung smiled. “No, you don’t need to understand I totally get it. I’m happy for you, Yebs,”

 

Now it was Yebin’s turn to be confused. “What?”

 

“You have a girl hiding in your closet,”

 

Eunwoo’s eyes widened. “What?”

 

“And if you don’t want to introduce us to your girlfriend, that’s fine. But I do want to hear everything later,” Minkyung hugged Yebin, who did not understand anything. “You’re not ready to introduce us, I get it,”

 

“I don’t think you do,” Yebin furrowed her eyebrows.

 

“You can meet me and Eunwoo later, I wouldn’t want to keep you away from them,” Minkyung gestured towards the closet door. She grabbed Eunwoo’s small hand and led her out, leaving a very confused Yebin in front of her closet.

 

“What the was that?” she asked herself.

 

“Not that I want to judge,” Kyungwon called out, startling Yebin. “But why do you have a box full of Pokemon cards in your closet?”

 

Yebin felt her cheeks burn. “Umm, those aren’t mine,”

 

“It says ‘Property of Kang Yebin”

 

“I’m holding it for a friend,”

 

“A friend with your name?”

 

“It’s a common name,”

 

Yebin opened the door to see Kyungwon giggling.

 

“It’s not funny,” Yebin pouted.

 

“It kinda is,” Kyungwon cracked up. “I would never have expected you to collect Pokemon cards,”

 

“It’s a good show!” Yebin defended. “It’s entertaining,”

She crossed her arms, cheeks bright red.

 

“Hey, don’t worry about it,” Kyungwon said, laughs dying down. “I think it’s cute,”

 

“No it’s not, it’s geeky,” Yebin grumbled, looking down at her shoes.

 

Kyungwon flipped open the box of cards. “You see, I would have picked Squirtle for my starter,”

 

“Really? Cause Charmander seems a lot cooler, and he’s a fire-type which I always like the best and-” Yebin stopped talking and slapped her forehead.

“Merlin,” she groaned. “Why am I such a dork?”

 

Kyungwon tried her best not to laugh at Yebin. The fact that one of the hottest girls in her year was secretly a huge dork might have been the best thing about her.

 

“Don’t worry,” Kyungwon assured. “You’re adorable,”

 

 

 

Lowkey thinking of why I didn't make Eunwoo as Yebin and Yebin as Eunwoo....Cause I ship Yuwoo....A lot...Too late now :( 

If I have errors please let me know so I can fix them asap ^^

 

Creds to twt: Dinahsdilemma