I hate you, I love you

Slytherin To Your Heart

I talics are flashbacks (+++), bolded and italics are song lyrics

 

“You nervous?” Kyla asked.

 

“A little,” Kyungwon admitted. It was the morning of the first task, which was taking place after breakfast.

 

“You should eat, though,” Nayoung said, pushing Kyungwon a plate of pancakes.

 

“You can’t fight on an empty stomach,”

 

Kyungwon poked at them with her fork. “I’m too nervous to eat,”

 

“Yuyu, you got this,” Siyeon reassured. “Irene said if you sing to the dog it’s going to sleep, then you can do whatever the hell they want you to do with it,”

 

“Have you talked to Jiyoo?” Nayoung asked. “Did you tell her about the task?”

 

“Yeah, she was really grateful,” Kyungwon said, remembering how the French girl was so thankful she kissed Kyungwon’s cheeks… multiple times.

 

“You have your guitar tuned up?”

 

Kyungwon nodded. She started flailing her arms when Siyeon forced open her jaw to feed her pancakes.

 

“You gotta eat, fam,” Siyeon said, making Kyungwon chew. “We don’t want you passing out. Then you’re going to be puppy chow,”

 

“Alright, alright, stop!” Kyungwon said, writhing out of Siyeon’s grasp. “I’m eating,” Siyeon sat down, looking at Kyungwon’s songbook which was lying on the table.

 

“This song’s a tearjerker,” Siyeon sighed. “Beautiful, but it makes me want to cry,”

 

Kyungwon looked down. “Yeah, I didn’t mean to make it sad, I just wrote from the heart,”

 

“Your heart is depressing,”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“You don’t think the people are going to be suspicious that you knew the dog needed to be sung to to go to sleep?” Kyla asked.

 

“Hopefully they will overlook that,” Nayoung said. “Besides, everyone cheated in the last Triwizard Tournament. It’s like a tradition,”

 

“Miss Kang,” a voice shot out behind Kyungwon. It was Slughorn. “It’s time,”

Kyungwon felt go dry. “Can I get something from my room first?”

Slughorn nodded. “I’ll meet you at the quidditch pitch,”

 

“Good luck,” Nayoung said, hugging Kyungwon. The other girls hugged her as well. Kyungwon got up shakily. Cheers from the Slytherin table rang up as Kyungwon walked towards the front door.

 

She scanned the crowd. Bona was yelling for her to kick while Seulgi gave her an encouraging thumbs up. From the Gryffindor table, Yebin smiled, making Kyungwon blush.

 

She rushed to the dungeon, grabbing her guitar and slinging the strap over her shoulder. She let out a sigh.

 

“You can do this,” she said to herself. “Just remember what Irene said. Sing, put it to sleep, finish the task,”

 

She headed out to the pitch where the rest of the champions were waiting.

“Welcome, Miss Kang,” Slughorn said. “Are you ready?”

 

“No,”

 

“Excellent. This way, the other champions have already arrived,”

 

In the tent, Jackson was pacing nervously. Minkyung was sitting on the couch, going over a spell book and chanting quietly to herself. Jiyoo walked up to Kyungwon.

 

“What’s that?” she asked, gesturing to the instrument in Kyungwon’s hand.

 

“My guitar,”

 

“Gee-tar?”

 

“Yes. It plays music,’

 

Jiyoo looked at Kyungwon like she grew another head. “Why do you need music?”

 

“One of my friends told me that it helps,” Kyungwon informed her. Jiyoo nodded, still thinking it was weird.

 

“Now. children,” Professor Yuri called. “This is Kim Sojin. She works for the Ministry, you may know her as Jiyeon’s mother.”

 

Sojin walked up with a piece of paper in her hand. “Here I have your assignments for today’s task. As you should know, you are battling monsters specifically found in Greece. The monsters are guarding a crystal. Your job is to retrieve it,”

 

She cleared before continuing.

 

“Kim Jiyoo, you are battling a manticore, a lion-dragon like animal,”

Jiyoo nodded, expecting this.

 

“Jackson Wang, you are battling a griffin,”

 

“Very well,” Jackson said, polite as ever.

 

“Kim Minkyung, you are battling a chimaera,”

 

Kyungwon saw Minkyung pale, gaze shifting towards her. Their eyes met. For a moment, Kyungwon thought she saw a look of regret in her eyes. Regret for thinking Kyungwon was trying to throw her off.

 

Minkyung tore her gaze away, looking down.

“Kang Kyungwon, you are battling Cerberus,”

 

“What’s that?” Professor Choi asked.

 

“A three headed dog,”

 

Minkyung stifled a laugh. “A mutt battling a mutt. Classic,”

 

Kyungwon gripped her wand, heat rushing to her cheeks. She looked down.

 

Jiyoo scrunched her nose. “Mutt?”

 

“It’s a term for a half-blood,” Jackson explained. “Not a pureblood,”

 

“How awful!” Jiyoo cried. “Why do you dishonor someone because of their blood? My grandmother was a veela, and being a half-blood is nothing to be ashamed of! I am as much as this mutt as Kyungwon!”

Jiyoo let out an annoyed huff.

 

“They’re ready,” Sojin said. Yuri walked up behind Jackson.

 

“You’re first, my boy,” she said, patting him on the back. Jackson took a deep breath.

 

“I’m ready,”

 

He stepped out of the tent, onto the pitch. Kyungwon heard screams coming from the crowd.

 

She tuned out most of the conversations going on around the tent. Instead, she went over her chords, wanting to perfect the song. If she played one note out of place, it could be game over.

 

“Kyungwon,” Slughorn shook the girl’s shoulders, snapping her out of her trance.

 

“What?” she asked.

 

“It’s time,”

 

Kyungwon gulped, suddenly feeling sick. She looked around. Jiyoo was nursing a bloody arm while Jackson was lying on a medic table. Minkyung hobbled in, clothes singed and limping. Her right pant leg was burned off. Each of them had a stone in their hand.

 

Kyungwon gripped her guitar tightly, being led out of the tent. People cheered all around her, but her eyes locked on the giant three headed dog standing in the middle of the arena.

 

It was foaming at the mouth… all of its mouths. It growled, barking at Kyungwon. Under its legs was a shiny green emerald.

 

Kyungwon staggered towards the dog, guitar slung over her front. The arena was dead silent, waiting to see what the girl would do. When Kyungwon got about thirty feet away from the dog, he barked.

 

“Oh, hey!” Kyungwon said, putting her hands up. This was her limit.

 

Kyungwon cleared , trying to flush out the terror in her system. She started to strum her guitar, the words flowing out of loud and clear.

 

Feeling used but I’m
Still missing you
And I can’t
See the end of this’

 

(+++)

 

“How’s it going, mutt?” Mino, a second year sneered. He poked at Kyungwon’s glasses.

 

“M-mutt?” Kyungwon asked, cowering away from the Gryffindor.

 

“Yeah, I’m talking to you, mutt,” he snickered, twirling his wand in his hand. His cronies laughed.

 

Kyungwon was scared. Siyeon and Nayoung were at quidditch practice while Kyla was in the library. She couldn’t find Minkyung in the courtyard anywhere.

 

“I-I don’t like being called that,” Kyungwon said quietly.

 

“Aw, did I hurt your little puppy feelings?” Mino mocked, jutting out his bottom lip. He cackled. “God, you’re even more pathetic than a mudblood,”

 

Kyungwon ran away from the courtyard, books clutched in hands. She ran towards her secret spot: the stairs of the astronomy tower.

 

She didn’t understand what ‘mutt’ meant, but she knew what a mudblood was. It was a mean term. The eleven year old felt like crying.

 

“Yuyu?” a quiet voice called out. Kyungwon felt her heart swell.

 

“Roro?” Kyungwon croaked. The Slytherin felt two arms wrap around her.

 

“What’s wrong?” Minkyung muttered, Kyungwon’s hair.

 

“T-they called me a mutt,” Kyungwon sobbed. “I’m not even sure what that means,”

 

Minkyung paused, unsure what to say. I mean, she technically was a mutt.

“I understand why you’re upset,” Minkyung said softly. “But they aren’t wrong,”

 

Kyungwon looked up at her friend. “W-what?”

 

“A mutt is a half-wizard half-Muggle,” Minkyung explained. “You kinda are a mutt,”

 

Kyungwon felt her cheeks burn with embarrassment.

 

“Oh,” she sniffed. She felt like an idiot.

 

And now all this time Is passing by
But I still can’t seem to tell you why’

 

 

Minkyung giggled as Kyungwon flicked a paper ball in her direction. They were in the library, studying for their Potions exam. Kyungwon was happy to finally be spending alone time with Minkyung; she missed her.

 

“You would never believe what Yebin did the other day,” Minkyung chuckled. “We were in the common room and she thought it would be a good idea to test out my new broomstick, even though she never flew before,”

 

“Oh jeez this doesn’t sound good,” Kyungwon giggled.

 

“Right? So like, she’s trying to find out how to get the thing to work, and she totally wipes out like, four feet off the ground. It was hysterical,”

Kyungwon smiled. She was happy that Minkyung was having fun with her new friends.

 

“What about your friends?” Minkyung asked, tilting her head slightly.

 

Kyungwon’s eyes lit up. “My roommates are amazing! I think you would like them a lot,” Kyungwon saw Minkyung’s forced smile, and her judgement glance in her brown eyes.

 

“Nayoung as in Im Nayoung?” Minkyung asked.

 

Kyungwon nodded. “She’s really sweet,”

 

“Her grandmother is in Azkaban for serving under Voldemort,”

 

“Well that shouldn’t affect my view on her,” Kyungwon cocked her head to the side. “She’s a great person,”

 

Minkyung forced a smile. “I’m really happy for you, Yuyu,”

 

“But remember that you are my best friend,” Minkyung said.

 

“Forever,”

 

‘It hurts me every time I see you

 

 “We should get you a leash,” Bobby chuckled. “Do the Slyths make you sleep in a kennel at night?”

 

Kyungwon felt tears fill in her eyes. Minkyung stood behind the boys, looking down, saying nothing. Kyungwon looked at Minkyung, silently begging for help. Minkyung didn’t meet her eyes.

 

“How would you like that, mutt? Your own collar and leash? So we make sure you don’t wander off?” Bobby smirked.

 

“Why don’t you wander off a cliff, you lipless freak,” Nayoung said, walking up behind Kyungwon. Siyeon put her arm around Kyungwon’s shoulder protectively.

 

Kyungwon was still looking at Minkyung, trying to see if her friend would stick up for her. Minkyung bowed her head, not moving.

 

“Let’s go,” Siyeon said, pulling Kyungwon away. In the background, Kyungwon heard Nayoung hexing Bobby as he screamed. Kyungwon cried. Why didn’t Minkyung stick up for her?


‘Realize how much I need you..’

 

 

“And I am so, so sorry,” Minkyung said to Kyungwon. They were on the steps of the astronomy tower, their special spot.

 

“It’s okay,” Kyungwon murmured.

 

“No it’s not,” Minkyung said. “I should have stuck up for you, and I didn’t. You don’t know how bad I feel,”

 

Kyungwon pulled Minkyung into a hug.

 

“I forgive you,” she said. Kyungwon inhaled the sweet smell of firewood and vanilla; it smelled like home. Minkyung was her home.

 

“I’m sorry,” Minkyung whispered.

 

“I know,”

 

‘I miss you when I can’t sleep
Or right after coffee
Or right when I can’t eat’

 

“What are you doing today?” Nayoung asked Sunday morning. “Want me to teach you how to fly?”

 

“Uh, you can try,” Kyungwon said, shutting her songbook. “My dad tried once… it didn’t really turn out well,”

 

“Well, your dad isn’t the best Chaser Hogwarts has seen in decades,” Nayoung smiled triumphantly.

 

“Siyeon’s gonna teach me how to fly?”

 

“Alright, screw you,” Nayoung playfully glared. She grabbed her broom and got up from her bed to leave.

 

“Wait, no come back,” Kyungwon sprung up from her bed. “You can teach me,”

 

The two first years walked onto the quidditch pitch, Nayoung’s old broom in Kyungwon’s hand.

 

“Are you ready?”

 

“No,”

 

“That’s the spirit!” Nayoung clapped.

 

Something caught Kyungwon’s eye. She looked across the field to see Minkyung talking with some of her Gryffindor friends.

 

“Kyungwon! Focus on me!” Nayoung waved her hand in front of the girl’s face.

 

“Huh? What?” Kyungwon snapped back to reality.

 

“Were you listening?”

 

“Just give me a minute,” Kyungwon said. She ran over to Minkyung and her friends.

 

“Hey, Roro,” Kyungwon smiled cheerfully. Minkyung glanced at Kyungwon.

 

“I’ll meet you guys back at the castle,” Minkyung told her classmates. She pulled Kyungwon behind the bleachers.

 

“What’s wrong?” Kyungwon asked, noticing the discomfort on Minkyung’s face.

 

“I think we should try to branch out and meet new people,” Minkyung said.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Like, try to make friends within our house,” Minkyung fidgeted with her robes.

 

“I don’t follow,”

 

“Space, Kyungwon. I need some space,” Minkyung explained.

 

Kyungwon’s smile fell. “Oh,”

 

“Just for a little,” Minkyung said, starting to walk away. “It won’t be forever,”

 

Kyungwon watched Minkyung walk out onto the field where Nayoung was watching suspiciously.

 

“Forever…” Kyungwon muttered, staring at the girl longingly.

Kyungwon watched the dog’s eyes droop slightly as she began the chorus. The entire arena was silent, listening to the girl’s mesmerizing voice.

 

‘I miss you in my front seat
Still got sand in my sweaters
From nights we don’t remember


Do you miss me like I miss you?’

 

Kyungwon’s eyes lit up when Professor Sprout announced that the project was to be done with someone from the opposite house. She eagerly searched for Minkyung.

 

Her heart dropped when she found Minkyung talking to a Slytherin boy she did not know the name of. Minkyung saw Kyungwon’s sad eyes and smirked.

 

She leaned over to whisper something into the boy’s ear, who turned to look at Kyungwon to laugh. Kyungwon felt her cheeks burn red.

 

“Hey,” a quiet voice said behind her. Kyungwon turned around to see a short Gryffindor girl rocking on her heels.

 

“My name is Eunwoo,” the girl introduced. “Would you like to be partners?”

Kyungwon nodded, forcing a smile to the smaller girl. She seemed nice, but she was no Minkyung.

 

ed around and got attached to you
Friends can break your heart too, and
I’m always tired but never of you..’

 

“She seems bipolar,” Nayoung said as the four Slytherins were in their room. They were having one of their many deep night conversations.

 

“She’s just trying to adjust,” Kyungwon defended. “It’s hard to start at a new school,”

 

“But we all started this school and you don’t see me being a to my Ravenclaw friends Sowon or Jihy-”

 

“She’s not a !” Kyungwon exclaimed.

 

“I don’t believe that,” Nayoung crossed her arms. “One day she’s all smiley and nice to you, and the next she’s a stone cold who acts like you disgust her,”

 

“It’s not like that,” Kyungwon said quietly, crawling under her blankets. She didn’t want to talk to her anymore.

 

Siyeon glared at Nayoung.

 

“You upset her!” she whisper shouted to Nayoung.

“I’m trying to look out for her,” Nayoung defended. “She deserves so much better,”


‘If u wanted me you would just say so
And if I were you, I would never let me go

 

Kyungwon watched as the dog sat down and eyed her curiously. He seemed enchanted by the mysterious object (her guitar) in the wizard’s hand.

 

I don’t mean no harm
I just miss you on arm’

 

“Why have you been avoiding me?” Kyungwon asked Minkyung.

 

“I haven’t been,” Minkyung brushed off.

 

“Um, you haven’t talked to me in like, a week,”

 

“You’re being delusional, Yuyu,” Minkyung sighed. “I told you, I need space,”

 

You ever wonder what we could have been?’

 

“What are you doing?” Kyungwon asked Minkyung as she saw her waiting in the dungeons.

 

Minkyung smiled at her. “I’m going to walk you to class,”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because my best friend thinks I’m avoiding her,” Minkyung clasped her free hand in Kyungwon’s.

 

“I want to prove her wrong,”

 

You said you wouldn’t and you ing did

 

Kyungwon waved to Minkyung from across the courtyard, only to get an eye roll in return. Kyungwon’s shoulders slumped.

 

“I don’t like her,” Nayoung announced. “I officially hate Kim Minkyung,”

 

“Don’t say that,” Siyeon chastised. “For all you know her daddy the Minister is going to send snipers to eliminate you,”

 

“He wouldn’t do that,” Kyungwon grumbled.

 

“Well her daddy isn’t going to stop me from knocking out her two front teeth in the Slyths versus Gryffs match next weekend,”

 

“Please don’t do that,” Kyungwon begged. “I don’t want her to get hurt,”

 

“But she’s hurting you,”

 

“I’m sure she doesn’t mean it,” Kyungwon insisted. “She would never do that,”

Nayoung gave her friend a sympathetic look.

 

“I don’t believe you,”

 

‘Lie to me, lie with me, get your ing fix
Now all my drinks and all my feelings are all ing mixed’

 

Kyungwon locked eyes with Nayoung in the crowd. She had a sad, but disapproving, look on her face. She knew who the song was about.

 

‘Always missing people that I shouldn’t be missing

Sometimes you gotta burn some bridges just to create some distance..’

 

Kyungwon heard yelling from the crowd, it was probably Siyeon.

“YAAAAS GIRL! SLAY MY LIFE!”

 

Laughter erupted from the crowd. Kyungwon chuckled slightly. The dog’s ears perked up, which caused Kyungwon to have a mini heart attack.

She continued the song.

 

‘But I learned from my dad that it’s good to have feelings

When love and trust are gone
I guess this is moving on….’

 

Kyungwon saw the other champion’s head peering out from behind the curtain. She locked eyes with Minkyung as she belted out the rest of the song.

 

‘Everyone I do right does me wrong
So every lonely night, I sing this song’

 

Kyungwon walked up to the group of Gryffindors at the courtyard. Minkyung was talking to some of her quidditch teammates.

 

“Hi,” Kyungwon smiled. “Can I talk to you?”

 

Bobby made some sort of gagging noise from the back of his throat.

“Why would she want to talk to you, mutt?” Mino spat, glaring at the tiny girl.

Kyungwon nervously tucked her hair behind her ear. “Um, because we’re friends?”

 

“Friends? With you?” Hwayoung crackled. “That’s hilarious,”

 

Kyungwon looked at Minkyung, silently asking her to see her alone. Minkyung had a guilty look on her face.

 

Minkyung rolled her eyes. “Can you guys leave us alone?”

 

Kyungwon cowered. Minkyung’s voice sounded annoyed and distant.

 

“What do you want?” Minkyung asked coldly once her friends left. Kyungwon suddenly felt really small.

 

“Why are you acting so mean to me?”

 

“I told you I’m not,”

 

“But you kind of are,” Kyungwon said.

 

Minkyung rolled her eyes. “Did you ever think that just maybe I didn’t want to be around you?”

 

Kyungwon felt her heart drop in her chest. “Wh-?”

 

“Like, has it ever crossed your mind that I don’t want to be your friend anymore?”

 

A small crowd had gathered around the two girls, watching the interaction.

“B-but what about forever?” Kyungwon croaked.

 

“Don’t be delusional, we both know that’s just something people say,”

Kyungwon felt tears fill up in her eyes. She rubbed the friendship bracelet on wrist, a nervous habit she picked up on.

 

Minkyung’s eyes trailed to Kyungwon’s hands as she saw what the other girl was doing. Taking her own friendship bracelet off her wrist, she threw it at the Slytherin.

 

“Here,” Minkyung spat. “Take this back,”

 

Kyungwon looked at the strip of cloth lying at her feet. Her voice was lost in .

 

“As if I would ever want to be friends with a ing mutt,” Minkyung smirked, her brown eyes holding what looked like hatred… or was it regret?

 

“I hate you,”

 

Those three words made Kyungwon want to die.

 

“Wh-what?”

 

“Of course a mutt wouldn’t even understand basic English,” Minkyung rolled her eyes. “Honestly, Kang, how did you even get accepted into this school?”

 

The tears started to spill out of Kyungwon’s eyes. Minkyung… her best friend Minkyung… the girl who knew everything about Kyungwon… the girl who Kyungwon loved to no end… being such a- a-

 

“Get out of my face, you ,” Minkyung spat. “I never want to see you again,”

 

Kyungwon was full out bawling now, with the other Gryffindors laughing at her.

“Maybe we should call you Kang Crybaby,” Mino hollered. Minkyung smirked.

 

Kyungwon ran out of the courtyard, up the stairs, down the corridors, until she ended up at the girl’s bathroom. No one ever went in there, since that was the bathroom where the Chamber of Secrets was.

 

Kyungwon locked herself in a stall and cried. She cried for being a disappointment, to her father, for not being in Gryffindor.

 

To her mother, for not being normal. To Minkyung… for being a half-Muggle.

She tried to ignore the gut-wrenching feeling in her stomach, but if she ignored that she would have to focus on the sound of her heart breaking.

She kept on crying. She didn’t know and didn’t care how long she had been in the bathroom.

 

 She just wanted to leave and hide forever.

 

“Kyungwon?” a voice called out. It was soft, gentle, almost like the speaker was talking to a baby.

 

“Nana?” Kyungwon asked.

 

Kyungwon heard a muttered ’alohomora’ before the stall door opened. Nayoung took Kyungwon into her arms. Kyungwon sobbed.

 

“Shhh, shhh,” Nayoung cooed. “It’s okay, I’m here,”

 

“It hurts, Nayoung,”

 

“I know, honey, it ,” Nayoung her hair. “But she was a bad friend. You’re so much better off without her,”

 

“No, you don’t understand,” Kyungwon sobbed. “I-I love h-her,”

 

“I know you do,”

 

“N-no,” Kyungwon’s breath was shaky. “I l-love h-her. In a way I’m n-not suppose t-to,”

 

Nayoung’s eyes widened. Oh.

 

Those damn Gryffindors. Why did they have to go and corrupt an innocent girl and teach her about the messed up blood status they think is so important? Like, even Slytherins stopped calling people out for their blood years ago. ing Gryffindors...

 

Nayoung’s heart ached for her friend. Minkyung must have really broken her heart.

 

“That’s okay,” Nayoung reassured her.

 

“I would have hoped you could have fallen in love with a better girl, but there is nothing wrong with liking a girl. Love is love, gender has nothing to do with it. You are going to fall in love with the best girl for you, and she’s going to love you back with everything she has and everything she is. And I will be right behind you the entire time. You deserve so much, Yuyu. You’re too good for this, too good for this world,”

 

Kyungwon laughed slightly, sniffling. “Thank you,”

 

“No, thank you for telling me,” Nayoung rubbed Kyungwon’s back. “I know it’s such a terrifying feeling. But remember you can always talk to me about anything. And we can go hot people hunting together,”

 

Kyungwon chuckled, wiping her nose. “I love you, Nayoung,”

 

Kyungwon watched as Minkyung looked so incredibly guilty, tearing her gaze away from Kyungwon.

 

‘You don’t care you never did
You don’t give a damn about me
How is it you never notice
That you are slowly killing me’

 

Kyungwon stopped singing, seeing how the dog was now fast asleep. She stopped strumming her guitar.

 

“No, continue!” Kyungwon heard Headmaster say. Everyone cheered in agreement.

 

Kyungwon nodded, before strumming her guitar again.

 

I hate you I love you
I hate that I love you
Don’t want to, but I can’t put
Nobody else above you
I hate you I love you
I hate that I want you’

 

Kyungwon examined the sleeping dog’s features. He looked so peaceful.

She went to go scratch behind one of his ears, petting his head.

“KILL IT KYUNGWON!” Siyeon yelled from the stands. Kyungwon saw her best friend jumping up and down as she furiously waved her hands in the air.

 

“But it’s cute!” Kyungwon called up to Siyeon. “It reminds me of Kongie!”

 

“KYUNGWON KONGIE IS YOUR CUTE PUPPY DOG,” Siyeon shouted. “THAT IS A TERRIFYING MONSTER WHO WILL EAT YOU,”

 

“He’s cute!”

 

“KILL HIM!”

 

“But-”

 

“KILL!”

 

“Shut up! Oh my god, you’re going to wake him!” Kyungwon yelled, realizing that the only noise in the entire arena was her screaming match with Siyeon.

She turned to Headmaster McGonagall.

 

“Can I keep him?” she called up.

 

“YUHA, THAT IS A TERRIFYING MONSTER HE IS NOT SLEEPING IN OUR DORMS,”

 

“Miss Kang,” McGonagall said. “By law it is not legal for one to possess such a creature, and it will not be permitted on school grounds,”

 

“But didn’t you have one of these when the Sorcerer’s Stone incident in 1991?” Kyungwon asked.

 

“That is besides the point!”

 

“LESS TALKING MORE KILLING!”

 

“Ddidiii!”

 

“KILL IT!”

 

“Oh for the love of Merlin, just take the stupid rock and run!” Kyla called from the stands. Her hand was cupped over Siyeon’s mouth.

 

“Right, good idea,” Kyungwon murmured. She slung her guitar over her shoulder and tucked her wand away in her boot. She picked up the last remaining crystal in the box.

 

The Slytherin section cheered, as well as the Ravenclaws and some Hufflepuffs who were friends with Kyungwon’s ex-girlfriend Sana. Bona waved her banner around excitedly, she and the Slytherin boys were chanting Kyungwon’s name.

 

She let out a relieved sigh. She hoped she didn’t sound like a dying banshee when she was singing. That would have been embarrassing.

 

~~

 

“Kyungwon!” Rita Skeeter called. “The Daily Prophet wants to know how you weren’t afraid of the giant monster?”

 

“I live in constant fear of Siyeon drawing a on my face while I’m sleeping. Nothing scares me as much as that,” Kyungwon shrugged, eyes widening when she realized what she just said. “Wait-”

 

“Siyeon, as in Park Siyeon? The daughter of the quidditch star?” Rita shoved a microphone into Kyungwon’s face as the camera flashed and people crowded around her.

 

“Alright, this interview is over,” Kyungwon announced, moving away to exit the tent. She caught Minkyung staring at her, a longing expression on her face.

Kyungwon looked down, flustered. What she wanted to do now was to take a bath and then sleep, even though it was only 1 in the afternoon. Knowing Nayoung, she probably threw a party back in the Slytherin dungeons.

 

She was right.

 

Loads of people were crowded in the Slytherin dungeon, drinking butterbeer and firewhiskey. Kyungwon was hoisted up onto the shoulders of Kyulkyung and Bona when she walked in, everyone toasting and cheering in her honor.

 

The party dragged on, and Kyungwon was tired. Around midnight, the celebration ended. After Kyungwon put all of her drunk friends to bed, she collapsed in her room with a sigh.

 

She wasn’t tired anymore; she was wide awake. The adrenaline from chasing all her friends around kicked in, and she knew she wasn’t going to get sleep anytime soon.

 

Sighing, Kyungwon grabbed a towel and a spare change of clothes. She headed down towards the Prefects bathroom.

 

She let out a long exaggerated sigh once the hot water hit her muscles, soothing them. The stress from the first task was out of her system, and she didn’t have to worry about the stress of the second task until the Christmas season.

 

She was confused by the sounds of footsteps in the bathroom. She thought everyone would be asleep by now.

 

Brushing it off, she kept her eyes closed. If it was a prefect, they could do whatever they wanted. As long as they didn’t come near her in the giant tub cause she was .

 

The footsteps stopped. Kyungwon felt the presence of someone in the room, like someone was staring at her.

 

Curious, Kyungwon popped one eye open. She screamed when she saw what was there.

 

“Minkyung, what the ?” Kyungwon yelped. Minkyung was standing in front of her, panting heavily as if she were running.

 

 

 

“I need to know why you wrote that song about me,” Minkyung demanded. 

 

 

--------------------------------------------

HELLO~~Sorry it took so long TT 

I've been extra stressed with school and work. I get home super exhausted from my 8-10 hour shifts :(

I'll update when I have time. Maybe in 1-2 weeks again. Maybe less. Maybe more. Maybe this friday ^^

 Next chapterI think has uhm..Rated M :))) so heads up. 

Also I changed the song choice. The lyrics were supposed to be another song, but this fit a bit more with these characters.

Also 2x So many gg comebacks lately!! Jinsoul snatched my wig today ghjkl

If I have any mistakes pls let me know!

 

BYE~