Cer-who?

Slytherin To Your Heart

 

“I have crucial information for you,” said a voice. Kyungwon sat up from her bed, putting her book down. She was reading a book of Greek mythology, since her competition was next week.

 

“Knocking would be nice,” Kyungwon scoffed at the girl in her doorway. She chuckled.

 

“Sorry about that. I’m not too keen on knocking,” Bona adjusted her green and silver tie, crossing her arms.

 

“Want to come in?” Kyungwon asked, patting the spot next to her on her bed. Bona jumped on.

 

“What’s up, Bonana?” Kyungwon asked, crossing her legs.

 

“Just got a letter from my mom, thought the info might intrigue you,” Bona said, folding her arms behind her head as she laid down on the pillow.

 

“Okay, shoot,”

 

“You know how my mom is the head of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures?” Bona asked, Kyungwon nodded.

 

“Well, she wrote to me saying she’s coming to Hogwarts for a ‘secret mission,’” Bona said, using air quotes. “I think it has to do with the first task,”

 

“Interesting,” Kyungwon murmured. “I remember hearing that for the last tournament they battled dragons, but I doubt they would do the same thing,”

 

“I think every time the tournament happens it’s loosely based on the one before. I think every first task is battling some monster,” Bona shrugged.

 

Kyungwon bit her lip, unsure of what to think. After she was picked, she looked up what happened at the last tournament. She remembered reading about how Harry Potter killed a dragon, but the thought of Kyungwon hurting an animal made her stomach churn. Speaking of animals, she really misses Kongie….

 

“Do I have to kill it?” she asked weakly.

 

“Not sure. My mom didn’t tell me what kind of beasts they are, only that she’s coming. It might not even be for the competition,”

 

“It probably is. When is she visiting?”

 

“Wednesday. The competition is on Saturday,”

 

“It’s probably for the competition then,” Kyungwon sighed, letting her head hit the pillow. Bona chuckled.

 

“I got the girls to make a bunch of banners for you,” Bona said. “And it’s reversible so it can also be used for the quidditch matches,”

 

“Thanks, gurll,” Kyungwon said. “I can’t believe quidditch is still going on with the tournament,”

 

“I’m glad it is. I’m being scouted by the Chudley Cannons this year,” Bona chuckled. “They’re coming to the Gryffs versus Slyths match this year. I can’t wait to hit Jeongyeon off her broom with my bat,”

 

“No doubt you can. You’re the best Beater this school has, but don’t you like…..like her?”

 

“I know I am,” Bona smiles cheekily then stops when she realizes what Kyungwon said afterwards…..“Anyways, onto more serious matters,”

Bona turned over on her side to look at her friend. “I can tell you got girl problems, what’s up?”

 

Bona was the girl Kyungwon could talk to about her latest ‘conquests.’ Last year, she tried to fill the empty void in her heart that was left after Sana and her broke up with useless hook-ups with girls mainly from the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw houses.

 

She stopped once Nayoung made her admit she had a problem, and when Kyla pointed out that the void could only be filled by one person… a certain tall Gryffindor.

 

Bona helped Kyungwon through these times. They used to party together and set each other up with one night stands, but when Kyungwon stopped, Bona was still a loyal friend. Their parents also worked together in the Ministry and on top of that, Juwon and Sojin graduated Hogwarts in the same year.

 

“What do you mean?” Kyungwon asked, blush rising to her cheeks.

 

“I see that French cutie hanging around you, and I see the look in your eyes from that. Plus, I’ve seen you hang around the smaller Kang a lot lately,” Bona said.

 

“I’m suppose to mentor Jiyoo while she’s here and I’m tutoring Yebin. You know that,” Kyungwon rolled her eyes.

 

“Yeah, there’s that,” Bona paused. “But you get nervous around them. I’ve never seen you do that in front of a girl,”

 

“I don’t get nervous,” Kyungwon insisted.

 

“You kinda do,” Bona chuckled. “You like them?”

 

“Well, we’re friends-”

 

“No like, do you like them?” Bona sat up. “Like you want them in your bed with your head between their thighs-”

 

“Bona!” Kyungwon gasped, blushing furiously. “I told you I stopped that!”

 

“But like in a loving way. Like not , do you want to make love to them,” the words sounded foreign on the girl’s tongue.

 

Kyungwon shuddered. “Those words freak me out,”

 

“Yeah me too, we’re never using them again,” Bona grimaced. “But you get the point,”

 

Kyungwon got up and paced around her room while Bona sat on her bed.

“I don’t know,” Kyungwon sighed, running her hands through her hair. “Like I like both of them, but I feel like no matter what I do, I’m always going to love-”

 

“Minkyung,” Bona finished, looking at her friend sympathetically. “I get it,”

 

“I wish I didn’t though,” Kyungwon sighed, plopping back down on her bed. “Like, I dated Sana for a year, and she was like, the perfect girlfriend and I loved her. I just was never in love with her,”

 

“Because you were in love with someone else,” Bona said, playing with Kyungwon’s hair.

 

Kyungwon groaned, covering her face with her hands. “There’s something wrong with me,”

 

“Nah, there’s not,” Bona shrugged. “We just need to help you get over this. Date Yebin. She’s really cute. But so is Jiyoo,”

 

“It’s not that simple,” Kyungwon complained. “I’ve been so far up Minkyung’s since we were kids and I don’t think I ever left, even after all those things she’s done to me,”

 

“Yikes,” Bona piped in. “You’re whipped,”

 

Kyungwon shot up. “I am not whipped!”

 

“Oh please, you’re so whipped you’re not even whipped cream, you’re butter!”

 

“I am not!”

 

“Denial is a common thing,” Bona chuckled. Kyungwon threw a pillow at her.

 

“I ing hate you, you ,”

 

“I’m an who might have potentially saved your life,”

 

“Do you think your mom could tell me what I’m going to be up against?”

 

“Probably not,” Bona admitted. Kyungwon felt her shoulders slump.

“But I have an idea,” Kyungwon’s ears perked up.

 

“I’m listening,” she said.

 

“Okay, so I know Nayoung stole Lily Potter’s cloak of invisibility,” Bona said.

 

“How’d you find that out?”

 

“Not important, but you can use it when I go meet my mom. Maybe I could get it out of her,”

 

“Really? You’d do that?” Kyungwon asked, hopeful.

 

“Of course. I want to see you rise to eternal glory like the rest of this house,” Bona said. “Also, I just like seeing Gryffindors lose,”

 

~~

 

“I feel ing ridiculous,” Kyungwon said as her and Bona walked side by side. It was the night Bona was meeting her mother for dinner in Hogsmeade; Bona had made Kyungwon hide under the cloak and walk beside her.

 

“Relax, no one can see you,” Bona assured. She steered the invisible girl towards the Three Broomsticks.

 

“Your mom won’t notice?”

 

“My mom didn’t notice the hippogriff my brother stored in the cellar. She’s not going to notice an invisible girl sitting next to me,” Bona laughed. They walked into the crowded pub.

 

“There you are!” Bona’s mother cried. She hugged Bona. “How are you, sweetie?”

 

“I’m good, Mum,” Bona smiled. “Safe trip?”

 

Kyungwon sat next to Bona and her mother as they talked aimlessly about Bona’s studies. She looked at the food in front of Bona and felt her stomach growl.

 

When Bona’s mom got up to use the bathroom, Kyungwon ripped the cloak off.

 

“Hey, how you doing?” Bona asked with a mouthful of her burger.

 

“Give me that, I’m starving,” Kyungwon said. She took the burger out of Bona’s hands and chomped greedily.

 

Bona pushed hier plate of fries towards the girl. “Damn,”

 

“I’m always hungry,” Kyungwon said, mouth full. “When are you going to ask your mom about the competition,”

 

“Soon, I promise,” Bona assured. “, she’s coming back,”

Bona threw the cloak over Kyungwon, but not before she took a handful of Bona’s fries.

 

“So mom,” Bona cleared . “Why are you at Hogwarts?”

 

“That’s classified sweetie,” Sojin said, shaking her head slightly.

 

“Oh, okay,” Bona went back to eating. Kyungwon kicked her shins.

 

“Ow! Okay, um, but can’t you tell me?” Bona winced in pain. “Since I am your favorite daughter?”

 

“It’s for the competition, that’s all I can say,” Sojin smiled.

 

“Are they battling monsters? Since you overlook all the creatures,”

Sojin gave her daughter a pointed look.

 

“I’m not going to tell anyone. Please tell me,”

 

“But aren’t you friends with that Kyungwon girl? I don’t want to spoil the task by you telling her,”

 

“I’m not going to tell her, honest,” Bona said, holding up her hands.

Cause you’re going to tell her, Bona thought.

 

Sojin contemplated this. The competition was three days away, it wouldn’t hurt telling her a little early.

 

“Alright,” Sojin leaned in, so did Bona and Kyungwon. “So earlier this summer, you know how I went on that business trip to Greece?”

Bona nodded.

 

“Well, the hunters wrangled up some beasts in the forest near Athens, mythical beasts from the stories. PD-nim asked for us to bring them in for the competition,”

 

“Which beasts are they?” Bona asked.

 

“Different for each champion. We’ve assigned them,”

 

“Can you tell me?” Bona asked. Kyungwon felt her heart speed up.

 

“If I remember correctly…” Sojin thought for a moment. “The Minister’s daughter was assigned a chimaera, while the Durmstrang boy has a griffin. I think the Beauxbatons girl has a manticore,”

 

“And what about Kyungwon?”

 

“Cerberus,”

 

“Cer-who?” Bona asked. Kyungwon thought for a second. What was a Cerberus?

 

“A monsterous dog-like creature,” Sojin said. “That’s what your friend is battling,”

 

Cerberus… what on earth was that? Was it like a wolf? Kyungwon knew what a manticore and chimaera was, but not a Cerberus.

 

“Interesting,” Bona mumbled.

 

“Will you be watching?” Sojin asked. Bona nodded.

 

“I hope your friend would be okay. How awkward would the Ministry Christmas party be if Juwon’s daughter was eaten by a monster from my unit,” Sojin chuckled.

 

Eaten?

 

Kyungwon almost threw up.

 

~~

 

Cerberus… Cerberus…

 

A three headed dog? THREE??

 

Kyungwon was in the library Thursday afternoon, working on her alchemy project. All she could think about was the competition on Saturday.

 

“Look, I know this stuff is boring but I was hoping for a little more help on your side,” Seulgi chuckled. The Gryff was partners with Kyungwon for the project, and she couldn’t get a response out of her for the past five minutes.

 

“Wha- sorry,” Kyungwon apologized. “What did you say about water?”

 

“I didn’t,” Seulgi chuckled. “Our project is on earth,”

 

“Oh, sorry,” Kyungwon said sheepishly.

 

“Don’t worry about it. I know you’re stressed out about the competition,”

 

“Yeah but I don’t want you to think that’s an excuse to get out of work,” Kyungwon said. “Can I help?”

 

“I pretty much have everything done, want to look it over?” Seulgi asked, handing Kyungwon her notes.

 

“What’s a grounder?” Kyungwon asked, furrowing her brows.

 

“That’s just a nickname I came up with,” Seulgi shrugged. “It’s not really important,”

 

Seulgi cleared away all the work supplies and faced Kyungwon.

“You seem troubled, wanna talk about it?” Seulgi asked. She rolled up the sleeves of her red and black quidditch rugby, crossing her arms.

 

“It’s just tournament stuff,” Kyungwon shrugged. “I have no idea how I’m going to face what I have,”

 

“What do you have?” Seulgi asked.

 

“A Cerberus? The three headed dog from Greek mythology,”

 

“Oh, my girlfriend studied those,” Seulgi nodded. Kyungwon’s head snapped up.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah,” Seulgi said, pulling out her phone. Half-bloods and Muggle borns usually had iPhones, Seulgi being a half-blood like Kyungwon. “She did her Care of Magical Creatures paper on them, want me to call her?”

 

Kyungwon nodded enthusiastically, to a point where she looked desperate. Seulgi laughed.

 

“Okay, she said we can meet her at the Slytherin common room to talk,” Seulgi said as she hung up the phone. Kyungwon jumped out of her chair.

 

“She doesn’t mind helping me right? I mean, the last time I talked Irene was last year when she threatened to beat me up because she thought I was trying to get into your pants, but she forgives me, right? Cause like, you’re pretty, but you’re my friend and I would never-”

 

“Hey! Calm down,” Seulgi laughed. “Irene likes you, don’t worry. She knows we’re just friends,”

 

“Really? I don’t want to-”

 

“It’s totally okay. You’ll be fine,” Seulgi laughed. She didn’t understand why Kyungwon thought her girlfriend hated her, they used to go on double dates together back when Kyungwon was dating Sana.

 

The Gryff and Slytherin stood outside the slyth tower, waiting to get in.

Seulgi pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration.

 

“Why is the riddle to get in ‘why did the hippogriff cross the road?’ That’s so dumb!” she groaned.

 

Seulgi stomped her foot. Then she whipped out her phone.

 

“You know this is my tower right..I could jus-“ Kyungwon said.

 

“Forget it, I’m texting her to come down,” she stuck her tongue out at the door.

Kyungwon stifled a laugh. Seulgi and Irene were perfect for each other, they were both huge dorks. The doors opened and Irene stepped out, confused on why Seulgi was yelling at the door.

 

“What are you doing?” she asked.

 

“This stupid door wouldn’t let me in!”

 

“I could have just said the riddle you kno-…..nevermind” Yuyu said.

 

Irene looked at Kyungwon, giving her a smile. “Congratulations on the tournament,”

 

“Thanks,” Kyungwon said. Irene led them to the common room.

 

“What do you need?” Irene asked, sitting down on a couch.

 

“You studied the three headed dogs, right?” Kyungwon asked.

 

“Yes,”

 

“How would I defeat one?”

 

Irene looked at Kyungwon, confused. “Why? Are you going to fight one?”

 

“Yes, for the first task,”

 

“How do you know what you’re up against?” the Slytherin asked.

 

Kyungwon paled. “Uh-”

 

“That’s not important,” Seulgi said. “Can you help her?”

 

Irene looked down, trying to see if she could give the girl any tips. Then she remembered something.

 

“You play that Muggle instrument, right? The guitar?”

 

Kyungwon nodded. “Yeah, why?”

 

“Maybe you can put the beast to sleep,”

 

“How would she do that?” Seulgi asked.

 

“The dog falls asleep to music, if you can play like a slow song or something, it’s lights out,” Irene explained. “Sana told me you write songs, maybe you could sing to it or something,”

 

“It’s worth a try,” Seulgi said.

 

“It’s not an awful idea,” Kyungwon admitted. “Maybe it’s going to work,”

 

~~

 

“Get your filthy paws off me-”

 

“Shut up, Minkyung,” Kyungwon said, dragging the Gryffindor towards the Astronomy tower. Their spot.

 

“What do you want?” Minkyung spat, crossing her arms.

 

“We have to talk,” Kyungwon said.

 

“I have nothing to say to you,”

 

Kyungwon rolled her eyes. Why does Minkyung have to be so damn prideful?

“This is about the tournament on Saturday,”

 

“The one I’m going to win,” Minkyung said confidently.

 

“Yeah, okay,” Kyungwon huffed. “I know what we’re up against,”

 

“You’re a cheater. You really are a Slytherin,”

 

If Kyungwon wasn’t in love with Minkyung she would have hit her head into the wall. “I know what you’re going to battle,” Kyungwon said. “It’s a chimaera,”

 

“How do I know you’re telling the truth?”

 

“Why would I lie to you?” Kyungwon said. “Other than the fact that you treat me like goblin scum,”

 

Minkyung stared at Kyungwon long and hard.

“What’s gotten into you, Yuyu? When did you grow a pair?”

 

Kyungwon shuddered at the old nickname. “I’m trying to be nice,”

 

“Whatever,” Minkyung turned her back, starting to walk away.

 

“Good luck on Saturday,” Kyungwon called out. “Be safe,”

 

Minkyung paused, Kyungwon saw her stand there.

She looked like she was going to turn around, like she was going to say something back.

 

Kyungwon thought she was going to acknowledge her.

But she didn’t. Instead she walked on, fighting her conscience.

 

Letting her pride get in the way.

 

Like always….

 

 

 

 

 

Who’s your bias in pristin? Or in other groups? Do you have an ult?

 

Mine is Kyungwon. I seriously didn’t even think of her being my pristin bias, she sneakily stole my heart J

 

I have a lot of biases. Yeonjung from wjsn (and IOI) She’s always been my IOI bias since produce 101, I blame that beautiful smile ^^

 

Joy from rv, Jisoo from bp, Subin from dal shabet, Jiu from DC, chorong from apink, yein from lovelyz. (And much more)

 

AND I ult Tzuyu <3 HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS <3

 

If you see any mistakes please let me know so I can fix them asap! ty!

Creds to twt; DinahsDilemma