Muggle things

Slytherin To Your Heart

"Do you want to try again?" Eunwoo asked, rubbing Minkyung's back.  

 

Minkyung let out a defeated sigh as she ran her fingers through her hair.

 

"It's just too much, Eunwoo," Minkyung huffed.

 

"I don't know how to get the stupid rock to open, and I'm going to fail Lupin's class cause I can't conjure up a dumb patronus."

 

"Hey, it's okay," Eunwoo reassured. "l'm going to try to help you in any way I can.”

 

It was a lazy Saturday morning, the day of the Hufflepuff versus Ravenclaw quidditch match.

 

Since everyone was at the match, Eunwoo thought it would be a good idea to help Minkyung with her studies.

 

"Do you think your memory is strong enough?" Eunwoo asked.

 

"I guess," Minkyung mumbled, "I mean I was really excited when I first learned how to fly"

 

Eunwoo pursed her lips, contemplating on how to word this. "Perhaps try something else?”

 

"Like what?"

 

"I don't know, my memory is when I found out I was accepted for that training program at St. Mungo's after graduation, but I don't know how that can help you,” Minkyung racked her brain for something like that.

 

She remembered that day, Eunwoo was so excited she Apparated to Minkyung's house to share the news. Minkyung had never seen anyone so happy.

 

Something clicked inside of Minkyung's head.

 

Accepted..

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Daddy, is the mail here yet?" Minkyung asked hopefully.

 

"Not yet pumpkin, give it time," Mr. Kim said, putting down his fork to look at his barely eleven year old daughter.

 

"But I don't wanna!" Minkyung protested. "I need to know!"

 

"Patience, Minkyung," Mrs. Kim scolded. "The mail will be here any moment,”

 

Minkyung huffed and stomped her foot. She didn't want to be patient, she wanted to know now.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim obviously knew their daughter got into Hogwarts. They were both alumni’s of the scarlet and gold house and Minkyung was a very bright girl.

 

Mr. Kim chuckled at how excited and anxious Minkyung was about her letter.

 

Minkyung continued to whine. She laid down on the kitchen floor and sighed dramatically. Mrs. Kim rolled her eyes.

 

"Let her have this, it's an exciting day" Mr. Kim said calmly. The sound of rapid knocking on the door made Minkyung bolt upright.

 

Mrs. Kim opened the door to see a blur of (ironic) green rush past her.

 

The blur tackled Minkyung. "Minky! I got in!" Kyungwon flashed a toothy grin, waving a letter in the air.

 

Mrs. Kim looked outside the door to see the Kang's looking outside their house, knowing Kyungwon ran down the block to tell her friend the news.

 

"Merlin! Congratulations!" Minkyung beamed. She hugged her friend tightly. A letter was dropped at Mrs. Kim's feet, but Minkyung didn't notice because she was squealing with Kyungwon.

 

Mrs. Kim looked at the girls lovingly. Kyungwon was like a daughter to her, she was so proud that she got in.

 

Mrs. Kim didn't want to ruin the moment the girls were having by giving Minkyung her letter. It was Kyungwon's moment. "I'm so happy for you, Yuyu!" Minkyung gushed.

 

"Me too! I can't wait for us to go to Hogwarts! It's going to be the best time ever! Especially because my best friend will be with me," the smaller girl smiled.

 

Minkyung's smile fell slightly. Again, the anxious feeling filled her stomach. What if Kyungwon's dream couldn't come true because Minkyung didn't get in?

 

Mrs. Kim thought this would be a good time to cut in on the girl's moment. She cleared , causing both of the girls to look up. Then she handed Minkyung the letter.

Minkyung took the letter gingerly, as if it would break if she was too harsh with it.

 

She opened the edges of the envelop carefully. Her heart was pounding in her chest.

 

‘Dear Miss Kim,’ the letter said. ‘We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry-’

 

"I got in," Minkyung let out quietly. Kyungwon squealed.

 

"Yay! Minky! We're going to Hogwarts together! And we will be best friends! Forever!" Kyungwon clapped, jumping up and down. Minkyung joined her, laughing and giggling with her best friend.

 

She was going to spend the next seven years with her best friend in the entire world, the two of them. And nothing was going to tear them apart.

 

This was the best moment of her life.

 

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

"You good?" Eunwoo asked once Minkyung opened her eyes.

 

"Yeah, I think so," Minkyung said. She took a deep breath.

 

"Expecto patronum,”

 

Warmth spread to Minkyung's fingertips. The silvery light poured out the end of her wand, taking a form in front of her.

 

Eunwoo gasped. Minkyung felt her jaw drop.

 

"Holy ," she mumbled.

 

"Yeah, holy indeed..," Eunwoo said, still staring at the patronus, wide eyed.

 

"It's-”

 

"A dragon,"

 

"Oh my-"

 

"Gosh," Eunwoo's face broke into a grin. "Minkyung! This is amazing!"

 

"Wow" Minkyung said, still staring at the figure. "That was.. unexpected. I expected like, a tiger or something.”

.

"They're supposed to reflect your personality, not what you like," Eunwoo said. "I think I read that dragons represent power and courage,”

 

"Sick" Minkyung mumbled. She then collapsed on her bed, letting out a sigh.

 

Eunwoo hopped onto the open spot next to her, crossing her legs, "Alright, spill."


 

“Spill what?”

 

“Whatever's troubling you. I know you, roro. Somethings Wrong,”

 

"Nothing's wrong,”

 

“You're lying to me," Eunwoo smiled lightly. “I can always tell when something's bothering you. Is it still the tournament thing? Cause we’re making progress, Is it boy drama?”

 

“‘Definitely not that”

 

“Is it a girl?”

 

Minkyung shot up, looking at Eunwoo with a panicked expression.

 

“No! What made you think that? Who told you?”

 

“Whoa, calm down,” Eunwoo put a steady hand on Minkyung's shoulder. “It was just an observation”

 

“Oh," Minkyung looked down. "-um. Well-”

 

“Hey, don't worry about it. You can tell me whenever you're ready.”

 

“It's fine," Minkyung sighed. “It's just.. Kyungwon”

 

“Oh okay. What did she do?”

 

“She um.. " Minkyung bit her lip. “We had ”

 

“NO ING WAy djdjdndfhjfh,”  Eunwoo covered with her hand after screaming for 2 whole minutes.

 

“I m-mean uh oh my god?? I thought you hated her”

 

Minkyung lied back on her bed, covering her eyes with her arms. "I don't know what to think anymore”

 

Eunwoo did have a problem tho. She kind of wished that Minkyung never told her this.

 

Especially since Yebin told Eunwoo that she had developed feelings for the Slytherin the night before.

 

Minkyung was obviously distressed over this, regret and misery washed over her body.

 

Eunwoo had no idea what to do, which was odd since she usually had a plan or advice for her friends.  

 

She Minkyung s hair, trying to be there for her  “Everything will get better with time, "Eunwoo said softly. “This won't last forever”

 

Minkyung grimaced at the last word. She only wished that the yord fell from another girl's lips.

 

--- owo--------

 

“This is impossible, "Eunwoo sighed, slamming another textbook. her and her friends were in the gryffindor common room, trying to help Minkyung with the next task.

 

“Ugh, I know right? Why won't this stupid rock tell me what the next task is?” Minkyung smashed the rock on the table.

 

“What did you try so far?” Jeongyeon asked, walking over to the group.

 

Eunwoo started to list things off. " Well, we drowned it, like how Harry Potter did with the egg, set it on fire, dropped it off the Astronomy tower, boiled it, painted it, tried to solve it ike a puzzle, serenaded it, put it next to an exploding Dungbomb, doused it in Firewhiskey, put shaving cream on it then slide a razor over it, put it in an oven, planted it in the ground, and hit it with countless amounts of charms,”

 

“Yikes,” Jeongyeon said.

 

“Have you tried hitting it with a hammer?” Yebin piped up.

 

The three purebloods looks at the half-blood like she lit herself on fire.

 

“What?” Yebin asked, looking behind her. "ls there something on my face?”

 

Is that how Muggles try to solve things? Eunwoo asked. "By hitting them with hammers?”

 

“I don't think that Muggle invention is going to help us, sorry yeb, "Minkyung said, pushing her hair behind her ear.

 

“I mean it's worth a try”, Jeongyeon said. “What do you got to lose”

 

“Alright, "Minkyung sighed. She had officially given up.

 

Maybe she could bribe the answer out of that wang dude. "Do you have a hammer, yeb?

 

“No but we can get one," Yebin hopped up, rushing to the window. "Accio hammer”

 

For a minute, nothing happened. Then a hammer came crashing through the window, shattering the glass.

 

The Gryffindors in the common room screamed, crouching down to not get hit by the glass

 

“Okay,” Yebin said, standing up. “That was not my brightest idea. Sorry, :0,”

 

Eunwoo and Jeongyeon helped the first years who had been scared by the object flying through the closed window as Minkyung walked over and picked up the hammer out of the shattered glass.

 

Yebin took out her wand to fix the window

“Are you sure this is a good idea? "Minkyung asked skeptically.

 

“No.” Yebin answered

 

“You got nothing to lose," Eunwoo said, walking up to her two friends. Jeongyeon followed.

 

“Here goes nothing," Minkyung mumbled, before taking the object and hitting the rock that sat on the table. It came down with a loud thwack and split into two.

 

A bright light shined out of each half.

 

“Oh god, "Minkyung gaped. "It actually ing worked, did not expect that,” Yebin admitted.

 

Eunwoo walked over and picked up the pieces of the rock. The light died down on one side, and on the other six letters emblaze themselves on the crystal.

 

“Desire”

 

“What the bloody hell does that mean? "Jeongyeon asked, scratching the back of her head.

 

“no idea,” Minkyung muttered staring at the broke pieces of rock.

 

A thought suddenly invaded her brain. Kyungwon had warned her about the first task, it was only right if she did the same.

 

“I gotta go, "she stuttered, rushing out of the common room the hammer was still in her hand.

 

She ran through the corridors and towers trying to find the one Slytherin girl. She ended up at the Slytherin dungeons, out of breath and sweaty.

 

The snakehead looked at her mockingly, or at least that's how Minkyung saw it. She didn’t know the password, but knowing the Slyths it was probably something like hiss hiss motherf*ckers!

 

“Kim Minkyung?” a voice came out behind Minkyung. She turned around.

 

Kyla eyed the girl warily. Minkyung knew that this girl was in Kyungwon's posse, so she didn’t like Minkyung, but it was better that she ran into Kyla instead of Nayoung or Siyeon…

 

“Hi, "Minkyung gasped, still out of breath “I need to talk to Kyungwon”

 

“Why?” Kyla questioned, tightening her grip on her.

 

“It's about the tournament”

 

“You can tell me, I'll deliver the message, "Kyla said emotionless.

 

“Please”, Minkyung begged. “She helped me with the last task an-”

 

“Yeah, I don't know why that dumb did what she did but ok.” Kyla sassed, interrupting her.

 

Minkyung rolled her eyes, brushing it off. "I'm here to repay the favor”

 

Kyla glared at the girl, unsure on what to do. she knew that Kyungwon had already sort of gotten her revenge on her but she didn't want her friend to get back into

Minkyung's twisted clutches.

 

“Alright, fine I'll get her, "Kyla caved. She walked up to the door of the dungeons.

 

“Minjoo” Kyla said.

 

The snakehead rolled its eyes at the answer.

 

“Ugh fine,.. pepe the frog” Kyla said to the door once again and it opened.

 

A minute later, Kyungwon came through.

 

Minkyung held the hammer in her hand awkwardly. “Um, hi,”  Minkyung coughed.

 

“Hey, "Kyungwon nodded, leaning against the doorframe. “What's up?”

 

Not really thinking straight, Minkyung ed the hammer towards Kyungwon.

 

Kyungwon looked at it strangely. "What..?”

 

“Uh, okay, "Minkyung stuttered. “This looks weird, but, um hit the rock from the tourney with this Muggle invention and um, Yebin had mentioned that you hadn't opened yours yet so, um.here,”

 

Kyungwon took the hammer from Minkyung feeling the tool in her hands. "Uh. thanks”

 

“You're welcome,” Minkyung blurted out. "I don't know if it helps but mine says 'desire’ I don't know what it means though. Me and my friends are trying to figure it out,”

 

Kyungwon gave her a tight smile. " Thanks, Minky, it means a lot,”

 

Minkyung shifted on her feet. She caught Kyla eyeing her suspiciously. "Right, well, I'm going to leave now,”

 

She took off down the hall, cheeks flushing red. The memory that had invoked her patronus burned in the back of her mind, the one thing Kyungwon said echoing through her.

 

"And we'll be best friends! Forever!"

 

Oh, how she longed for the glory days.

 

-----------owo-----

 

“Kang Kyungwon! Where have you been Your mother and Kyla and I have been worried sick!" Nayoung scolded as Kyungwon walked into the common room.

 

“Uh, tutoring? Remember?” Kyungwon said confused

 

“And by that she means hooking up with Mini Kang in an empty classroom,” Siyeon smirked.

 

Kyungwon's ears turned pink. " No, I wasn't”

 

“Lies”

 

“You're delusional,”

 

“More lies,” Siyeon hopped of the chair and sat at Kyla's feet. "So what's new with Miss Scarlet and Gold?”

 

“Not much. We were discussing the difference between mine and Minkyung's stones” Kyungwon said. she took the half with words out of her pocket.

 

“Fear”

 

"I talked to Jiyoo today, she hit hers with the hammer. Hers also said 'fear’.” Kyungwon said.

 

“You know her name is Jiu not Jiyoo cause it’s french you know but go off I guess” Siyeon whispered. Kyungwon :o’d.

 

“What does Yebin think it means?” Kyla asked.

 

“Well, mine and Jiu's says fear while Minkyung's says desire, and I bet you anything that Jackson's says 'desire' too. She thinks it's going to be something that everyone fears, and also wants”

 

“Oh! I know!” Siyeon shot her hand up. "Vampires! Like that hot girl in The Vampire Diaries!”

 

“Oh my god! You're going to battle a vampire!" Nayoung's mouth dropped open.

 

"It's like that lesbian vampire show you love” Kyla said.

 

Kyungwon felt uneasiness wash over her. she swallowed sickly.

 

"Great, Do you guys want to go Yule Ball shopping this weekend?” Siyeon asked, changing the subject. "I need a dress,”

 

“And Kyungwon needs material to ask Yebin to the ball” Nayoung smirked.

 

“No way, "Kyla drew her legs up, which caused Siyeon to fall backwards.

 

“You're actually going to ask her?”

 

“Ask who where?” Bona asked, walking in and sitting on the couch.

 

“Yuyu”

 

“I, um, " Kyungwon blushed. "I was thinking about asking Yebin to the Yule Ball,”

 

“Why not ask me :3? Did that year and a half of dating mean nothing to you >:c?” said a voice. Kyungwon jumped out of her skin when she saw a new person appear out of nowhere two feet in front of her.

 

“No ing way" Nayoung said astonished she grinned “This is unbelievable.”

 

“Surprise,UWU >.<,” Sana smiled wickedly :D

 

“I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me xD”

 

 

 

 

 

-----owo----

Uh this is for that one oomf on twitter..,,,,,,,, o3o

Happy belated kyungwon day :)

Also go stan fromis_9 and iz*one  

[pls let me know if there's any mistakes]

All Credits to twt; DinahsDilemma