Chapter 2: Strange

I'm Just Another Bystander
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         When the feeling of consciousness slowly came back to me, my eyes shot open and I tried to quickly get off of the strange bed I was lying in but every muscle in my body it seemed like was telling me not to. My head was throbbing way worse than any headache I've ever had and I heard a slight constant ringing that wouldn't go away. I was pretty sure I had a concussion of some sorts but when I took another good look around the room it was obvious I wasn't in a hospital. Instead I was surrounded by two bunk beds in a semi messy room and I had no idea where I could be if not in the hospital.

         This realization crept into my head slower than it should have, blame the concussion I may or may not have, and I started to freak out though I couldn't do much. Where the hell was I and who brought me here? I tried lifting my heavy and bruised legs but to no avail, I could barely get them close to the edge of the bed. Then suddenly the room door slowly creaked open and I halted in my stance. I closed my eyes as tightly as I could and gritted my teeth together from being so tense. This stranger doesn't know how I sleep, I could be an angry sleeper. The person sighed and closed the door behind him as he entered the room. My body stiffened, preparing for a flight or fight adrenaline rush. The person grabbed me by my elbow and I immediately started throwing loose fisted punches, finding some new strength from the new situation.

         “Yah, yah, yah!! I’m trying to help you up!” I opened my eyes and saw that he retreated to the foot of the bed, blocking his face with a pillow from the other bed.

         “! Stranger danger!!” I yelled at the top of my lungs and struggled to stand on my feet, my new found strength really coming in handy. When I gathered my balance I ran straight out of that God forsaken room.

         I dashed down the small, empty hallway and found myself in a living room occupied by two strangers, one being the ignoramus Taemin.

         “Stop, I’m trying to help you,” the mysterious person from before said as he caught up to me. “What is wrong with you?” he placed his hands on his knees and bent over, gasping for air.

         “Well you try - wait,” I looked closely at the face of the mysterious man and looked over at the guy sitting beside Taemin, “am I... in Shinee’s dorm?” I interrupted myself. The mysterious person nodded his head and it suddenly clicked - he was Kim Jonghyun. His doe like brown eyes stared at me with concern as he slowly nodded yes. His hand casually rose up to my face and I slapped it away by reflex.

         “What. Now,” he sighed through his teeth. He was obviously annoyed by my slaps and punches but you try waking up in a strange room and have strange men chasing you.

         “Don’t touch me... I don’t know you,” I said as I slowly backed up. While this predicament was going on, Taemin and the man who I guessed was Kibum were ignoring us as Kibum was treating Taemin’s wounds. I looked at the hand that tried to touch my face and realized that there was some sort of gel on his finger. And it the other hand was a bottle of ointment. It gradually clicked in my head...again.

         “Is that for my face?” I said after a moment and pointed to the bottle of ointment. I felt my cheeks and forehead, finding numer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter