Chapter 10: Two Words

I'm Just Another Bystander
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         Two days after I was admitted to the hospital they finally let me leave. The doctor felt like I was back on my eating schedule and well rested again to I was allowed to be discharged. Which was a good thing cause  I couldn't take another day of being confined within those white walls. But I also couldn't lie, I felt a little more energized after those three days. After I got ready to leave and packed my stuff up, my mother and I left the hospital room for what I hoped would be forever. I started walking ahead of my mother, apparently more ready to leave this place than her, but when I peered over my should I saw her talking with the doctor. It seemed like he tried to be secretive with what he was telling her but I could somewhat make out the words psychologist, stress, and reputable. As if I needed somebody else inside my head, I spend enough time in there by myself.

         When we made it back home, which felt more homely than it ever has before, I saw my mom head over to the kitchen from my peripheral vision but I went straight up to my room instead. Once inside my room I let my body fall down into my own comfortable bed then took my phone out of my back pocket. Just like in the hospital, I found myself looking at my contact list again and stared at Taemin's number. Should I tell him I made it back home? My thumb hovered over the call button next to his name as I thought to myself. But when I changed my mind to just put my phone away my stupid thumb slipped and pressed the call button - I honestly should have seen that coming. I gaped at my phone screen in shock, seeing it was trying to connect to Taemin's line, then after snapping out of my daze I finally canceled the call before throwing it to the other side of my bed.

         "Damn phone. Did that go through..." with my phone flat against my sheet covers I waited to see if he was going to call back if the call did make it to his line. Minutes passed in silence before I let out a sigh of relief. That was so close. Luckily right after that it was time for dinner and I could distract my mind from the mistake I almost made.

         The next morning it took a lot of convincing to get my mother to let me go to school: The doctor never said I was bedridden anyway and missing assignments would only stress myself out more. Honestly seeing Taemin after last night would make me more stressed but I was not wrong about the missing assignments. I have to keep my ranking up.

         My mission in school today was to avoid Taemin at all cost which was a little hard since we're in the same homeroom. But the last time I saw him was in the hospital room and after calling him last night I just didn't feel like confronting him right now. I focused my attention to the front of the classroom once school started to make it seem like I was going to be really studious today but I kept seeing Taemin's face in my peripheral vision. I don't know what was on his mind but he kept looking at me dead on in every class period. It was hard to avoid his piercing stares and not look back at him but I took my ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter