Chapter 5: Smile

I'm Just Another Bystander
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         Then that's when it clicked in my head: I left Taemin all alone in that school. He eyes were so fiery when he told me not to leave my side, what exactly would he do if I ditched school without him? Then again, it's not like he would beat me up or anything like the way he gets beaten up. But still, I kept thinking about it in the back of my mind and it kept nagging me as I picked myself up and started slowly making my way down the sidewalk, my deep thoughts causing me to drag my feet. I looked over at my shoulder to peer back at the school's front gates. Maybe I shouldn't go...

         "No, there's no reason why I should be afraid of Taemin or anything. Plus, he's been alone ever since primary school started for the both of us, how is this any different than before?" Next thing I know I started talking to myself out loud. I let out probably what was the loudest grunt I ever did, wiped my nose with the back of my hand, and turned around on my heel so I can start walking back to the school while grumbling stuff about Taemin under my breath.

         I managed to sneak past all the prefects that lurked the hallway and went back to my classroom late but hopefully not too late. However as soon as I slid the back door open, all heads turned around and all eyes were on me, including the teachers. I froze there for a second, making this a habit, and tried to think of an excuse to use when the teacher asks me what I was doing. I immediately moved my hand to clutch onto my stomach and groggily entered the classroom. "Sorry, I think I had indigestion..." I uttered carelessly and the teacher just pursed her lips as everybody waited for me to take my regular. Once I sat down the lesson began all over again and I let out a small sigh.

         "Where the hell were you?" I heard a small and yet angry voice say and looked over to see an angry Taemin to match that voice.

         "I told you, I had indigestion...sorry," I whispered to keep up my lie. One must stick to their lie and believe in it themselves.

         "Indigestion my . I saw you through the window leave the school. Were you really going to ditch me?" he whispered as well but still his anger was still evident.

         "I'm here aren't I? Now shut up before you get us into trouble," I turned my head back to the whiteboard and took my notebook out of my backpack, hoping to escape into this lecture and forget about everything else I've been thinking about.

 

         Thankfully since The Twins left campus, the rest of their gang left us alone the rest of the day and we were able to get through classes peacefully. When the last teacher declared that the school day was over I slouched down in my seat in utter relief as I closed my eyes while other kids were already out the door since they had their bags packed in advance. For once I just needed something to slow down after my life seemed like it was suddenly became Need for Speed, drifting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter