Chapter 9: Details

I'm Just Another Bystander
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         My eyes slowly fluttered open and all I saw was white in contrast to the black darkness I was surrounded by a few seconds ago. Then slowly along with the light flooding into my vision the back of my back started to dully pound and the pounding gradually became harder and harder and when I reach to touch the back of my head I felt a soft bump.

         "Ow, what the hell happened..." I murmured to myself then when I brought my attention to the rest of the room in front of me I was greeted by a wide eyed mother and a wide eyed Taemin. "W-Where am I?" Another good look of my surroundings and I could see that I was in a hospital room with an IV drip attached to me and everything.

         "Why am I in here?!" I started to panic and my first instinct was to scramble out of the bed and throw the hospital blankets off of me as if that'll help free me from the confinements of the hospital room.

         "Hyunae! Calm down, calm down!" my mother jumped up and held my arms down so I couldn't move anymore and she started shushing me which strangely helped me calm down. "It's okay, you're in the hospital... You fainted," she said as she made sure I wouldn't go ballistic with the bed sheets again and stood by my side.

         "I...I fainted? What, how? You mean when I was on the roof?" I questioned my mother but looked over at Taemin, knowing even with my bruised head that he would give better answers.

         "Yea, um when you were on the roof. When class started again and attendance was taken, you were missing but somebody said they saw you with me going to the roof. So the teacher sent somebody to go look on the roof and you were passed out," Taemin spoke softly and could barely get his sentences out.

         My mother looked over at him when he was finished telling his story and pursed her lips before turning her gaze over to me again then I realized this is her first time ever meeting or hearing about Taemin. I can only imagine how confused she is seeing in him in my hospital room. Probably as confused as I was.

         "Wait, so if you weren't the one that found me...then why are you here?" I asked trying to sound seriously curious but my tone came out a little harsher than I meant for it to.

         "I..." he started but then just finished with a sigh. I didn't pry him about it since I wasn't even in the right mood to have this conversation right then.

         "Um," my mother coughed to grab our attention again and folded her arms across her chest, "So how exactly do you two know each other again?"

         Taemin and I immediately looked up at each other, finally thinking the same for once, and didn't know how we were suppose to answer. I couldn't tell my mom the real reason why I had all those bruises that day but I didn't know how else to explain Taemin's appearance otherwise. I took one glance up at my mother just waiting there patiently for one of us to say something then suddenly Taemin opened his mouth and I prepared myself for the worse. 

         "I...was there when she fell down the stairs. I was the one who took her to the nurse," Taemin said slowly once again but then his lie sounded more believable towards the end. But wait, I thought back to myself and wondered how he knew I told my mother I fell down the stairs then remembered that I mentioned it in my rant. Did he actually listen to that? And remembered that little detail? But he made it obvious he didn't care for what I had to say...

         "Oh. Well thank you, Taemin. It seems like every time H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter