Chapter 8

Believe me because I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook

This place is really peaceful, no wonder why Chaeyoung loves it. As I'm appreciating a beautiful sunset, I hear steps approaching. I turn back to see who it is. I have been wishing every single day to see her, to hear her voice but I restrained myself not come to see her because that what she told me to. I couldn't contact her either. 

I come to Australia around this time instead, with the only one hope to meet her here, even if there is little to no chance. 

Seeing her presence makes me forget how to breathe. It's Chaeyoung, it is really her. But as soon as our eyes meet, she immediately turns to walk away.

"Please don't leave Chaeyoung. You love spending time here....... If...if.. it is still hard for you to see me.... I will leave now. Thank you for introducing me this wonderful place"

It hurts so much, but I don't think I have any better choice. As I stand up, she walks to the lakeside. I can feel the heavy feeling from each step I take when I walking away.

"You can stay. It's fine" 

Am I imagining things? It was her voice. I immediately turn back to see her already sitting at her usual spot. I come to sit beside her, still leaving space between us.  The silence comes between us. I want to talk to her but I'm sure she doesn't want to talk about anything. At least, I can stay with her even in this awkward silence. Both of us stare into the distance, looking at the sunset view by the lake. I see her hair blown by the winds as the winds get stronger. I unconsciously reach out my hand to put her hair behind her ear. Her eyes are wide open staring at me. I now realize what I did and put my hand away. 

"Um..... I'm sorry"

"Stop saying sorry to me. I moved on" 

 

Rose

I said I moved on. I lied. It was hard for me to accept the fact that he came to me with the intention to use me. But my head couldn't deny the fact that he actually wanted to protect me. No one else knows about the reason for our break-up apart from us. Jungkook resigned from his position after that night, having prepared all his work in advance and detailed notes on each part of the project for the new person who would fill in his job in our team. He said sorry to everyone before he left for a personal reason, that's what Lisa told me because I couldn't bring myself up to work for a little while after the break-up.

I could see how hard it was for him too, how broke down he was after I told him to call it a breakup, and just now how sad he was when I said I moved on. I heard when he tried to convince his dad on the phone call to give up on harming my dad's comp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter