Chapter 10

Believe me because I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rose

"It's my pleasure to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Park"

"Our pleasure. It's nice to meet you Mr.Jeon. Finally, We have a chance to meet you"

Yes, tonight our families meet for dinner.

"Actually Mr.Jeon, your works are admirable. I have been trying to contact you because I always want to work with amazing talent like you, but I couldn't. And what a coincidence, Chaeyoung told me that Jungkook is your son"

"Jungkook is really an outstanding young man. I personally talked to Department Head and persuaded Jungkook to stay at BiYG because I treasure talents like him and I can see how much more he can grow. It was a regret that he left but knowing the reason now, I'm genuinely glad that you and your son established your place again in the market"

"Can you stop talking about work all the time honey". My mum speaks up. "Mr Jeon, I'm glad that Chaeyoung meets such as a good man like Jungkook"

"I raised Jungkook alone since he was young. I'm happy that he finally find someone he loves, and more importantly, it's Chaeyoung. She is a really sweet girl"

The dinner went pretty well, I mean... especially for Jungkook's dad and my dad. 

............

"So we got left out huh? I'm sorry for your mum too since our dad couldn't stop chatting about everything" Jungkook chuckles as he drives me home after the dinner.

"I know right. I couldn't even count how many similarities they shared. That's surprising" 

"It's nice to see our families get along well"

"Totally"  We both meet each other's parents already but having dinner altogether made me nervous actually. " And luckily, we were not the main focus of the dinner so it wasn't awkward" 

"Chaeyoung-ah, Thank you"

"What for, you silly?" Jungkook is still focusing on the road but he doesn't hesitate to grasp my hand by the fingers and kisses the backside. 

"Last time when we met my dad, we both know that he wanted to formally apologize to you and your family. Things could have gone badly and he couldn't help but feel guilty. My dad told me that you talked to him before the dinner that your parents don't need to know what didn't happen. He wants me to thank you again for leaving things in the past"

"Jungkook, I'm glad that your dad likes me. We met for only a few times at your place and he is so nice to me. I love that we are all happy now"

"I still can't get over how amazing you are Chae-ah"

"I love you, Kookie"

Jungkook grins and kisses my hand again. "I love you"

It becomes a habit for both of us to say we love each other every day. Those words, coming from the person I love, have never failed to warm my heart. We didn't go through much hardship in our relationship, but what happened could have broken us apart completely. It wasn't fate that brings us together but it is fate that we felt in love with each other. We didn't give up on 'us' because our love keeps 'us' together through thick and thin. 

"Chae, are you ready for the next week away. We only have a day left and I still haven't packed my stuff yet. I don't really have anything to prepare" Jungkook voice brings me back from my chain of thoughts. 

"Of course I'm more than ready. It will be the longest holiday we are going t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter