Chapter VIII

Holiday in Hawaii
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~

2 hours later, everyone was tired, wet and sandy. Jaeduck was the first to finish his scuba diving. When he went back to the meeting spot under the palm tree, he saw no one there. So the poor duck sat down on the bench and felt the wind blowing against his moist skin. 

"No one here yet?" Jaejin's voice interrupted his thoughts. 

"Oh! Jaejin-ah! Finished parasailing?? Was it fun?" Jaeduck asked impatiently. 

"Yeah! I almost felt that I was falling from the sky!" Jaejin nodded vigorously, face still radiant with excitement. 

"Really?? I should try that the next time we come here!" Jaeduck reacted.

"Sit here Jaejin-ah." Jaeduck pat the space next to him, urging Jaejin to sit down next to him. But as usual, he was rejected. 

"Aniya! I don't want to sit beside you." Jaejin ruthlessly rejected his chingu and sat down on the sand instead. 

"Whyyy????" Jaeduck whined and instead plopped down on the sand next to Jaejin, who didn't move away. The two busan brothers who had 25 years of relationship since middle school stayed in peaceful silence for awhile before Jaeduck felt bored. He mindlessly looked around and picked up a twig that was lying around. Feeling bored of the waiting, Jaeduck swung the twig across the sand, marking a line. 

"Ooh!" Something lit in Jaeduck's head as he started moving his hand across the sand with his twig. Jaejin looked on curiously. 

"Tadaaa!!" Jaeduck pointed proudly at his work. Jaeduck had drawn a hexagon with the word 'Sechskies' inside, which was their official logo. It peaked Jaejin's interest as the older Busan man found another twig and started doodling on the sand as well. Jaeduck looked on, smiling. 

"Ohhh!! Is that Hawaii??" Jaeduck pointed at the abstract drawing when he spotted the palm trees. 

"It's us, can't you see?" Jaejin said pointing with his twig. Jaejin drew the Villa with palm trees grown at the sides and the six of them hanging out in the garden together. 

"OMG. YOU'RE AMAZING, JAEJIN-AH!" Jaeduck's mouth fell in amazement while Jaejin smiled proudly. 

"Jaejin hyung! Jaeduck hyung!" They heard Suwon's voice coming from behind so they turned around... 

*SPLAT SPLAT* 

They were even wetter now. 

"Ha! Bulls eye!!" Sunghoon exclaimed with a water gun in his hands. 

"Yah! Not fair! We don't have one!" Jaeduck complained, shielding the water aimed at his face with his arms. 

"Run!!!" Jaejin shouted as he ran, Jaeduck barely following behind him and the two Whitekies member chasing after them.

"JAEJIN! JAEDUCK! CATCH!" Jaejin and Jaeduck heard their leader's voice and turned towards the source just to find two water guns flying towards them. 

"Woah!!" They barely caught it. 

"BLACKIES! FIGHT BACK!" Jiwon cried out, raising his own water gun, pointing it at Suwon and Sunghoon. 

"Nice one hyung!" Jaeduck grinned as he loaded his water gun and shot it towards Suwon. 

"Ouch!! You're going to regret this hyung!!" Suwon smiled slyly as he started chasing Jaeduck around. 

Another 1 hour passed by without them knowing until they were dead tired and sprawled down on the sandy beach together in one row. 

"I think I'll have a good sleep tonight." Sunghoon panted as he stared at the blue sky. 

"I've never had such a good work out in awhile." Suwon breathed. 

"This is normal for me." Jaejin remarked. 

"I really should build on my stamina like you said, Jaejin-ah." Jiwon panted as well. 

"My stamina has gone down by a lot." Jaeduck sighed. 

"The sky is pretty." Jaejin commented suddenly. 

"It really is." Sunghoon, which had been staring at the sky agreed. Peaceful silence washed over them even when their surrounding were rowdy. The cool breeze blew across the sandy beach and touched their skin, cooling them down. 

"Come on guys! Let's not waste time here!! We have more places to go!!" Sunghoon suddenly exclaimed, standing up and pulling the others. 

"What? Where??" Jiwon asked tiredly. 

"The Ala Moana Center!!" Sunghoon announced excitedly, pointing at the high end building surrounding the coast. 

"For what??" Suwon asked, sitting up. 

"Shopping!! I heard there are many pretty clothes there!" Sunghoon told the others. 

"Seriously Hoon??" Jiwon groaned as he was pulled up by Sunghoon to his feet. 

"C'mon hyung! Let's go!!" Jiwon was pulled all the way to the mall. 

"Helpppp!!!!" Jiwon shouted helplessly as the members shrugged.

~~~

After buying tons of stuff in the Ala Moana Center and changing into expensive new dry clothes, Sechskies decided to finally head back in the evening. 

"I'm so hungry!!! I can't believe we skipped lunch!!" Suwon cried.

"What's for dinner today hyung?" Jaeduck asked, laying flat on the couch. 

"Do I look like a chef to you?" Jiwon bite. 

"Then... Suwon! Cook something!" Jaeduck turned towards the maknae. 

"What do you want to eat?" Suwon asked, sitting up. 

"Hmmm... I don't know." Jaeduck shrugged and Suwon sighed. 

"Tteokguk! Make some Tteokguk, Suwon-ah!" Jaejin suggested suddenly. 

"Why the sudden urge to eat Tteokguk?" Suwon asked. 

"Well, technically we're in our 20th anniversary and we haven't eat any Tteokguk yet so might as well! Since we're going to release our album soon anyway!" Jaejin explained. 

"That sounds reasonable for me! Suwon! Cook some then!" Jiwon agreed. 

"Other than that? Want some meat too?" Suwon asked, already walking towards the kitchen. 

"What is there in the refrigerator?" Sunghoon asked, following Suwon. 

"We can cook Samgyetang! Jiwon hyung bought a whole chicken yesterday when no one ask him to buy it!" Sunghoon suggested when he saw the young chicken in the freezer. 

"Hey! I heard that! I saw the list wrongly!" Jiwon protested from the outside. 

"You're really getting old hyung!" Suwon shouted and plugged his ears to stop himself from hearing the oldest swearing at him.

"Okay! So it's decided! We'll have Samgyetang and Tteokguk for dinner!" Sunghoon announced as he helped Suwon take out the chicken to unfreeze it. 

"I'll eat it well! Suwon-ah!!" Jiwon shouted in glee, thinking of the food. 

"You better!!" Suwon laughed. 

~~~

When Suwon started cooking, he chased everyone out of the kitchen as he finds the help a nuisance when they just keep messing up his routine. In the end, Suwon worked alone in the kitchen as he hummed to Sechskies new soon to be released song, Be Well. 

Meanwhile, the other members were loitering in the living room. 

"Yorobun!! It's time! Wait for me!!" Jiwon jumped up from his seat and suddenly yelled. In a few seconds, before his dongsaengs can react, Jiwon had rushed up the stairs. 

"I'm back!!" Jiwon arrived on the first floor in record time, with some familiar shopping bags in hand and a box. 

"Hyung! Aren't those shopping bags from the zoo?" Jaeduck asked, recognizing the childish animal patterns printed on the bag. 

"Yup! I bought one for everyone!" Jiwon declared, passing out the bags after checking the contents inside. The members took the bags from Jiwon while the leader kept the maknae's first. They looked into the bag. 

"WHAT IS THIS???" 

From the bags, out pulled one whole piece of cloth, which turns out to be... 

"A onesie!!" Jiwon stated the obvious. 

"Why did you buy this hyung?? It looks ridiculous!!" Jaejin exclaimed. He stood up and spread the onesie into full length. It was white tiger patterned, similar to the beanie they bought.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter