Chastity

REMOTE

Channel 9- Chastity

"So how come we're not going to the docks right now again?" said Kyuhyun as he and all those in COLOR followed Kibum and Key while they walked in the opposite direction as the docks.

"Because it's morning." Kibum answered. "And Big Mac only works at night."

"How can you tell it's morning?" Jaejoong asked, huddling under his umbrella. "It looks as dark and foggy as it did when we first got here."

"By the way," said Key as he turned around and tore the umbrella out of Jaejoong's hand. "How many times do we have to tell you? You're going to draw too much attention to yourself if you use a freakin' umbrella."

"Why can't I use an umbrella?" Jaejoong demanded. "It's raining!"

Key tossed it aside. "Nobody in this world uses umbrellas." Key reminded him.

"Then how come Siwon gets to bring his horse around with him?" Jaejoong whined, pointing at Siwon who, sure enough, was holding the reins of his horse. "I think THAT'S drawing more attention than my umbrella!"

They all stared at Siwon.

"What?" said Siwon.

"You know…Jaejoong has a point." Kangin admitted.

"No he doesn't!" said Siwon, grabbing his horse protectively.

"I thought you left it back at the office." Kibum said. Then he turned to Key. "We should take the horse back to our place and hide it."

"I agree." Key said. "And maybe while we're there, we can pick up that other case and hopefully get it solved while we're waiting for it to get dark."

Kyuhyun stopped walking.

"OTHER CASE?" he said, raising his voice ever so slightly to show JUST how enraged he was.

"Yeah." Said Kibum. "We don't usually work two cases at once, supposedly, but we made an exception because the dame's case as been cold for so long, and because of personal involvement in said case."

"Have either of you ever taken a moment to consider the fact that when the remote control told us to 'solve the case' they might have been talking about this OTHER case that you failed to mention?" Kyuhyun questioned the two detectives.

Key and Kibum looked at each other and then back at Kyuhyun.

"No." they both answered in that tone that suggested they were ABOUT to follow up with "So?" but didn't for unknown reasons.

"What does that mean now?" Jaejoong asked.

"It means we might have to solve both cases in order to get out of here." Kyuhyun replied.

"Two cases?" whined Kangin. "ONE was going to be annoying enough."

"Okay, so why don't you tell us about this case then too?" said Siwon, trying to remain more patient than the others, but that obviously didn't take too much effort.

"Very well," said Key putting his hand on his hat and dipping it down in front of his eye to go for the effect. "It all started with the dame. I knew she was trouble when she first walked in. Dames usually are trouble but this one knew something, something that was making her flock to the—"

"Could we skip that part?" Kangin said.

"What part?" said Key, looking annoyed that Kangin had interrupted him.

"Just go right to the part about the evidence and stuff like that." Kyuhyun advised.

"Mainly, she claimed she lost her identity." Kibum said, waving his cigarette.

"Her identity?" said everyone else, except for Key of course.

"On the corner of 34th Street, no less." Key added. "That's the most dangerous part of town, but she refused to tell us what she was doing in a place like that."

"She was going to get her way whether we all liked it or not, and she liked her way when others didn't like it." Kibum said.

"Stop talking like that!" Kangin said angrily.

"So how do you plan on going about solving this woman's identity crisis?" Siwon asked.

"I figure we can make all the regular stops." Said Kibum. "Check in on Jimmy the Rat."

"Jimmy the Rat?" they repeated.

"Yeah, he's called that in this town for two reasons." Key said, holding up two fingers. "First, he's got his hands in everything happening on 34th Street."

"And the other reason?" Jaejoong prodded.

"He likes cheese." Key answered flatly.

"Aha…" said everyone with a nod.

"So where can we find this Jimmy the Rat?" Kyuhyun said.

"Right here." Said Kibum as he gestured at an old abandoned warehouse. They went inside, and sure enough, there was a poker game going on in the depths of the abandonment.

"Let Kibum handle this." Said Key, getting in everyone's way as he allowed Kibum to go ahead. They watched curiously, wondering what exactly what was going to happen.

"Jimmy the Rat." Said Kibum in a commanding voice as he rolled in.

"What're ya doin' here, Kibum?" Jimmy the Rat looked up and discarded a piece of cheese he had been eating. Everyone else at the table saw Kibum and scattered like roaches under the light.

"Tell me about the dame." Said Kibum.

"About the dame?" said Jimmy the Rat.

"You know what dame I'm talking about."

"I don't know nothin' 'bout no dame." Said Jimmy the Rat.

"You know what dame I'm talking about." Said Kibum. "You know her. She lost her identity on 34th Street, and something like that doesn't just happen without you knowing about it, or somehow being a part of it."

"I ain't sayin' NOTHIN'!" said Jimmy the Rat as he sat down and crossed his arms so he was facing away from Kibum.

Big mistake. Kibum gave a heavy sigh and removed his cigarette that had just been hanging out in his mouth and grabbed Jimmy the Rat around the neck. "Tell me about the girl, Jimmy!" Kibum ordered.

"I don't know nothin'!" Jimmy the Rat yelled as he flailed around helplessly.

"Tell me, I know you know!" said Kibum as he extinguished the cigarette on Jimmy the Rat's skin.

The others observing winced and tried not to look.

Jimmy the Rat wailed in pain. "GO TO MIKEY!" he yelled.

Kibum stopped and let go of Jimmy. He took two steps away from him and then stopped.

"Mikey DiKlepto?" Kibum clarified.

Jimmy the Rat nodded, still caressing his singed cheek.

"I'll let you off easy because you told me to go to Mikey." Said Kibum, coming back over to Jimmy the Rat. Then he started to walk away, but at the last second, he spun back around, grabbed Jimmy the Rat's head and snapped his neck, then flicked his cigarette at Jimmy the Rat's limp body.

Then he went over to where everyone else was standing with their mouths hanging open.

Except for Key, of course, who just handed him another cigarette.

"You let him off easy." Key commented.

"What can I say? I'm a softy." Said Kibum as he lit his cigarette.

"Kibum!" said Jaejoong. "You just KILLED a man!"

"So?" said Kibum, adjusting his trench coat.

It was impossible to argue with logic like that so they followed Key and Kibum to their next destination.

"This… Mikey DiKlepto…" Kyuhyun started. "I trust you know where to find him as well?"

"Yeah…" said Key. "He runs a business up here, but it's hard to run an honest business with a last name like 'DiKlepto'."

The others nodded in agreement as they approached a run down looking building.

"DiKlepto!" Key called as he marched into the building. This time, Kibum held the others back and assured them to let Key handle it.

"Key." Said a man who was standing behind the counter as he looked up dramatically with music that suggested the pianist had just slammed his hands down on as many keys as he could reach.

"Tell me what I want to know, DiKlepto." Said Key.

"I don't know nothin'." Said Mikey DiKlepto. "You know me. I run an honest business. I left that life behind me a long time ago."

"Jimmy the Rat sent me." Key said.

This made Mikey DiKlepto look a little nervous. "This about that dame?" he said, his voice shaking.

"So you do know her." Said Key.

"What can I say?" Mikey DiKletpo said. "Old habits die hard."

"So I've heard." Key said. "So tell me what I need to know and I'll be on my way."

"I ain't gonna talk to you, Detective." Said Mikey DiKlepto, trying to look smug. "I already told you I gots my life on track. I'm an honest man with an honest business."

"Is that so?" said Key as he grabbed Mikey DiKlepto by the collar from across the counter and pulled him up over it. He shook him a bit, and then reached his free hand into his pocket and pulled out a wallet. He let go of Mikey DiKlepto and waved the wallet. "This is MY wallet here, see?"

Sure enough, Key revealed that the wallet's interior belonged entirely to him.

"I'll say it again…old habits die hard." Said Mikey DiKlepto.

"Come on out here." Key ordered.

Mikey DiKlepto walked around the counter and then sat down at a table. Key stood beside him.

"Listen," he said. "Go to…" he paused and pulled another wallet out of his pocket and handed it to Key, looking briefly at the inside first. "Mickey Two Times."

"Mickey Two Times?" said Key, looking inside to see that the wallet belonged to said gangster. "You sure about that?"

"Yeah." Said Mikey DiKlepto. "And get out of my shop before you scare away the other fish."

"Right…" said Key as he started to walk away. "Oh, I almost forgot."

He spun around, grabbed Mikey DiKlepto's head and then snapped his neck as well.

"WHOA WHOA WHOA!" said Jaejoong, waving his arms as Key came back over with the wallet.

"Could you guys stop killing people?" said Siwon. "It's making me feel uncomfortable."

"He had it coming." Said Key, and Kibum nodded in agreement.

"So what about this Mickey Two Times?" said Kyuhyun. "Let me guess…you guys know just where to find him."

"Of course." Said Kibum. "Even though we've only been in this Universe for four days, it doesn't take long to find out where the scum lives."

"Mickey Two Times…" Key mumbled. "He got that name because he's stabbed everyone in the back at least twice. And he says everything two times."

"Let's get this over with." Said Kangin. "And remember, stop killing people!"

Kibum and Key glared at Kangin and then led the group to an alleyway.

"We better handle this one together." Said Kibum to Key.

Key nodded in agreement, and they advised the others to stay behind. They wanted to follow to make sure Key and Kibum didn't kill poor Mickey Two Times, but the alley was scary, so they decided to stay where there was a little more light.

"Mickey." Said Key.

A man emerged from the shadows. "Detectives! Detectives!" he said.

"Tell us about the dame." Kibum ordered.

"What dame? What dame?"

"You know what dame!" said Key angrily.

"I don't know nothin'! Know nothin'!"

Key didn't say anything else, he just reached over and grabbed Mickey Two Times and snapped his neck. As Mickey Two Times crumbled to the floor, Key looked at Kibum and said, "It was getting annoying."

"I agree." Said Kibum.

The Knights and Pirates stomped over.

"STOP KILLING PEOPLE." They said.

"You didn't even get any information from him!" said Jaejoong.

"Oh, I think I've got this case figured out already." Said Kibum. Key nodded. "We have to go back to our office."

"Why?" said Kangin.

"I agree." Said Kyuhyun. "The pieces are falling together."

"WHAT?" said Jaejoong, Kangin and Siwon.

They turned to leave, but Key pulled out Mickey Two Time's wallet and tossed it to him. "Mikey DiKlepto sends his regards." He said coolly.

So they all followed Kibum and Key back to their office and when they opened the door, there was a dame sitting at one of the desks.

"Chastity." Kibum and Key said ominously.

"Detectives." Said the woman, standing up.

"I don't get it," Kangin whispered to Siwon. "Is this Kibum's past lover whose husband was murdered, or is this the dame that lost her identity?"

"Er…" Siwon said slowly.

"Have you found my identity?" said the woman.

"Well—" Siwon started to Kangin.

"NEVER MIND." Said Kangin.

"I think you've known where your identity has been all along." Said Key.

"What do you mean?" said Chastity. "Are you accusing ME, Detectives?"

"Damn straight we are." Said Kibum.

"Alright, the jig is up." Said Chastity. "The truth is…I never had an identity and I was hoping…" she paused and looked dramatically at the two detectives. "One of you could find one for me."

"Identity?" said Key as he took off his hat and flung it across the room. "I got an identity for you right here."

He approached her speedily, grabbed her and dipped her, engaging in a very passionate kiss.

"WHAT IS GOING ON?" demanded the Pirates and Knights.

"Wow!" said Chastity as Key let her go.

"Was it good for you too?" said Key.

Chastity hardly had time to nod before Kibum grabbed her and snapped her neck.

"You did NOT just do that!" said Kangin.

"I never liked the lying type." Said Kibum, flicking his cigarette.

"Never." Key said.

Then they all stood there for a while.

"So…we solved the case…" said Jaejoong. "What about that white light and that changing the channel business?"

"I suppose perhaps we're meant to solve the OTHER case." Said Kyuhyun, looking at the remote to see that it still told them to 'solve the case'.

"Well, at least that took up the day." Said Siwon, looking out the window to see that the sun was setting. "We can go to the docks now, can't we?"

"We can." Said Key and Kibum together.

*AN: Again, thanks for the comments and the new subscribers. You all make me =).

=)