The Rescue

REMOTE

Channel 5- The Rescue

"Everyone wake up! WAKE UP!"

Jaejoong was running around like a madman trying to get the other three to awaken. Kyuhyun got up first.

"What is it?" he said.

"It's incredible!" Jaejoong said. "There are princes and knights from all over the place showing up at the castle! I'm meeting so many other squires!"

Kyuhyun instinctively looked at a place where his watch would potentially be, only to be disappointed when he did not find one. "What time is it?" he asked.

"I don't know." Said Jaejoong. "I don't have a watch either."

"How long have you been up?" Kyuhyun questioned.

"Longer than you." Jaejoong said.

"Oh never mind." Said Kyuhyun as he turned around and woke up Kangin and Siwon.

"What, why do we have to get up now?" whined Kangin.

"We have to put our plan into action." Kyuhyun said. "You and I have to kidnap the princess today before too many knights and princes get here."

"Why?" said Kangin.

"Because the more knights and princes that are here, the better guarded the princess will be." Kyuhyun answered.

"Let's try to rescue her before her party starts." Siwon said, rubbing his eyes tiredly. "I don't want her party to be ruined."

"Fair enough." Kyuhyun agreed.

"So what's the plan?" Jaejoong asked.

"Kangin and I will scale that balcony of hers, grab her and get out of here as fast as we can." Kyuhyun replied. "You two will follow us, come riding up very valiantly, we'll have a very dramatic fight which will end in the pirates' deaths, and then you will whisk her away back to her party."

"That sounds easy enough." Said Jaejoong.

"It's easy to remember." Said Siwon. "But there's a problem. She's going to fall in love with me even more after I rescue her from pirates."

"Don't flatter yourself!" said Kangin bitterly.

"It doesn't matter." Said Kyuhyun. "Once I press the button on this remote, we'll be transported elsewhere, so if all goes according to plan then you won't even have to go to the Coming Out."

"Oh." Said Siwon. "That IS a good plan!"

"But I wanted to go…aw man…" whined Jaejoong.

"Hurry and get dressed." Said Kyuhyun. "We have to do this quickly."

Everyone did as they were told because they all had a motivation for doing so. Of course, they all wanted to go home, but in addition to that Kangin wanted to meet the princess, even if he was going to be kidnapping her, Siwon wanted to be sure that he wouldn't have to go to this party, and Jaejoong didn't want to disappoint his knight!

When they were all set, Siwon mounted his horse and they all made their journey back towards the princess's balcony.

Unfortunately, when they reached the balcony, they had to dive behind a giant rose bush because there was a prince standing there with a bouquet of flowers, obviously trying to court the princess.

"Princess!" he called. "I adore you!"

"Please," the princess said. "My heart belongs to another."

"That's you." Jaejoong whispered to Siwon.

"Sh!" Siwon hissed crossly.

"Princess, please, you haven't even given me a chance to court you." Said the prince.

"I do not wish to be courted by you." The princess said.

"Who is this prince who has stolen your love all for himself?" the prince inquired.

"He is the loyal and brave knight, Sir Siwon who lives yonder across the courtyard." The princess answered.

"Told you!" Jaejoong whispered to Siwon.

"Stop!" Siwon pleaded.

"Be quiet, both of you." Kyuhyun ordered.

"You believe this knight is more worthy of your love than I?" said the prince, sounding absolutely appalled. "I will show you that it is not so. I will duel him for your love."

"I would not recommend it." The princess said. "The stories I have heard of his bravery reinforce that you would not prevail."

"I care not." Said the prince. "I will do what I can to make you mine."

"It is your duel to lose." Said the princess as she turned her back to prince and left the balcony.

"Oh no!" said Siwon, looking at the others. "I don't know how to duel!"

"It's all right!" said Jaejoong. "Once they kidnap the princess and you save her, you won't have to duel that douche bag OR go to the party!"

"Yeah…I guess so…" Siwon said as he watched the prince depart, throwing the bouquet to the ground.

"Let's get this over with." Kyuhyun said, gesturing for Kangin to follow him.

Siwon and Jaejoong watched them go and then looked hopefully at each other.

Kyuhyun and Kangin began scaling the vine covered walls.

"This is a lot harder than I thought it would be." Kyuhyun confessed as he nearly lost his footing and plummeted to his doom.

"Why couldn't I be the knight?" Kangin was whining. "Siwon could have been the pirate…"

Kyuhyun was the first to reach the railing of the balcony. He pulled himself over and then helped Kangin up over the edge. They poked their heads in the window to see the princess sitting on her bed looking bored.

"She's even more beautiful up close…" Kangin said, his eyes turning into pulsing hearts.

Kyuhyun slapped him across the face. "Focus." He said.

"Fine…" Kangin said with a glare.

"All right, this is what we're doing." Said Kyuhyun. "We have to be very quiet. Sneak up, grab her and then get out of here."

"How are we going to carry her while we climb down the side of the wall?" Kangin asked.

"Um…we'll manage." Kyuhyun said.

"That's not a good answer!" Kangin fretted.

Then the princess looked up, having heard Kangin's loud worrying. "Who's there?" she said, standing up.

"Forget about the sneaking up on her…just remember to play the part of the evil kidnapper." Said Kyuhyun as he pulled Kangin out into the open.

The princess gasped. "Who are you?" she said.

"We are evil pirates here to kidnap you!" said Kangin dramatically, but she fainted right after he uttered the word 'evil'.

Kyuhyun and Kangin stared at her sprawled out on the floor for a few seconds and then they shrugged.

"That was easy enough." Kyuhyun said. "Your acting was very compelling, I suppose."

"Of course!" said Kangin, adjusting his clothing proudly.

Kangin slung the princess over his shoulder and started climbing down the side of the wall. Kyuhyun called to him not to drop her, and Kangin yelled him that he was not going to drop her.

Needless to say, it was a very intelligent exchange.

When they reached the ground, they ran right over to where Siwon and Jaejoong were still hiding.

"What are you doing?" Jaejoong said, trying to cover his face.

"Don't worry!" said Kangin. "She fainted."

"You didn't hit her over the head with anything, did you?" said Siwon, looking concerned.

"I JUST said that she fainted." Kangin said, looking annoyed.

"Well, let's hurry this up." Said Kyuhyun. "Let's go a little way that way and wait for her to wake up, and then we'll have our duel."

Everyone agreed and they went into the forest and found a nice convenient clearing.

"I hope this plan works." Said Siwon. "I really don't want to duel anyone… or marry anyone…"

"There is a lot riding on this plan." Kyuhyun said.

"Why did I have to come into THIS Universe?" Siwon said, putting his head in his hands.

"I would have gladly traded with you!" Kangin announced.

"I'm just glad you guys are here to help us out." Said Jaejoong. "Otherwise we never would have found out that that prince was going to challenge Siwon to a duel. And we never would have had this awesome plan!"

"I'm creative in that aspect." Kyuhyun said, winking his one visible eye or blinking.

They all stared at him.

"So have you uh…checked under that patch?" Kangin asked. "It's been bothering me. Do you really not have an eye?"

"Yeah…" Siwon and Jaejoong agreed.

"I've already decided not to check." Kyuhyun declared. "I have no desire to know."

"We do…" the others said quietly.

"I think she's waking up." Said Kangin, leaning over her.

Sure enough, she was.

"All right, quick!" said Jaejoong, standing up and gesturing everyone else to stand up as well.

When they didn't react fast enough for him, Jaejoong grabbed Siwon's sword and put it underneath Kyuhyun's arm, and then booted Kangin onto the ground. They looked at him confusedly just as the princess sat up looking wobbly.

"OH." Said the others.

"This is the end for me." Said Kyuhyun, putting his hand over the handle of the sword. "You have defeated me and my evil pirate lackey and rescued the princess, Sir Siwon."

"Yeah…and uh…don't you forget it!" said Siwon, at a loss of anything else to say.

Then Kyuhyun collapsed to the ground in a performance that rivaled that of a performance that is just sort of okay.

Then there was silence as the princess only sat there staring at Siwon.

"Sir Siwon, you did it!" Jaejoong said as he ran over and did JAZZ HANDS! "You rescued the princess!"

"My hero!" the princess said, getting up and running over to Siwon. "You rescued me from the evil pirates! How can I ever repay you?"

"Uh…" Siwon started, looking around and hoping that something would happen. Like they would just get magically teleported to another Universe and he wouldn't be standing there looking awkward.

Jaejoong shrugged helplessly.

"Please, take me back to the castle," the princess said. "I am too frightened to go on my own!"

"Uh…"

But in the end, Siwon ended up escorting the princess back to the castle, leaving Jaejoong standing there scratching his head.

As soon as the princess and Siwon had departed, Kyuhyun and Kangin sat up.

"Isn't something supposed to happen?" Jaejoong asked.

"Yeah." Said Kangin. "Last time we completed our mission, this white light came out of nowhere and then suddenly we were here."

"We didn't complete the mission." Said Kyuhyun, taking out the remote. "When we found the buried treasure, the remote said 'Complete' and then we were transported here. The remote still is telling us to go and rescue the princess."

He showed everyone the screen, and all it said was 'Rescue the princess'.

"You know what this means, don't you?" said Kyuhyun.

"Yes!" said Jaejoong. "You guys got to hunt for buried treasure and I didn't? NOT FAIR!"

Kyuhyun looked at Jaejoong and then decided to disregard him entirely.

"Apparently, our staged kidnapping was not sufficient." Said Kyuhyun, addressing the two of them now. "Perhaps we must wait for the princess to be in real danger and then we must actually rescue her."

"You mean we have to LEGITIMATELY rescue her?" said Jaejoong. "What was wrong with our fake rescuing of her?"

"Probably because she wasn't in real danger." Said Kyuhyun. "Or any danger at all."

"What are we supposed to do while we're waiting for an opportunity to rescue her?" said Kangin. "It could take weeks or months or even years before the princess is in real danger!"

"I couldn't tell you." Said Kyuhyun. "All I can say is that our plan obviously backfired."

"Now she has an even bigger crush on Siwon." Kangin said regrettably.

"If possible!" laughed Jaejoong.

"This is no laughing matter, Jaejoong." Said Kyuhyun.

"Why?" said Jaejoong. "I think it's funny."

"It was a little funny before when it was harmless." Said Kyuhyun.

"Looks like we're just going to have to keep jumping at every chance we can to rescue her." Said Kangin.

"I can tell this isn't going to be as easy as finding buried treasure." Kyuhyun said.