Chase

REMOTE

Channel 10- Chase

Siwon left his horse back at the house, even though it pained him so much to do it. He was forming an emotional attachment to the horse and never wished for it to be out of his sight. But, unfortunately, for logical purposes, the horse had to sit this one out.

The group of six all sat huddled behind a large crate, waiting for something to happen.

"Psssttt…" hissed Jaejoong.

"Shh." Key said.

"What are we waiting for?" Jaejoong said anyway.

"We're waiting for one of Big Mac's thugs to walk by so we can ambush him and force him to tell us where Big Mac is." Key answered.

"Are you guys going to break his neck when you're done with him?" Kangin questioned.

"Probably." Said Key with a glare, almost as if he was angry with Kangin for presuming otherwise.

"Why don't we just search the docks?" suggested Siwon.

"Key and Kibum's approach is the most logical." Kyuhyun said. "Though I don't see there being any necessity to kill anyone."

"Well, it's been four and a half days since we've gotten here, and that's just what happens in this Universe!" said Kibum.

"SHH!" said Siwon as a thug started walking towards them.

They all ducked into the shadows as the thug meandered by.

"When do we jump him?" Jaejoong whispered, looking half excited and half worried.

"SHHH!" said everyone in a tone that was absolutely louder than Jaejoong's question in the first place.

This caused the thug to spin around. "Who's there?" he demanded.

"Forget that plan!" said Kibum as he whipped his gun out from his trench coat, stood up and riddled the thug with bullets.

"HEY!" said Kangin. "We said no more killing people!"

"He wasn't even doing anything!" Siwon said, looking depressed.

"But he was ABOUT to." Said Kibum, putting his gun away.

"Well, it was counterproductive to kill him because, if you remember correctly, we were going to ambush him and make him tell us where Big Mac is." Kyuhyun reminded Kibum.

Kibum stood there looking very serious for a minute.

"I knew that." He said, refusing to make eye contact with anyone.

"Someone likely heard the gunshots." Key said. "We should get out of here."

"I agree." Said Kibum.

"Wait, so you guys are just going to take off?" said Kangin, putting his hands on his hips. "After you killed this guy, you're just going to leave? You're making his death IN VAIN. That's just not fair to him."

Kibum smacked Kangin across the face. "Get a hold of yourself, man!" he yelled.

"Hey!" said Kangin as he looked betrayed and caressed his new injury. "I was completely a hold of myself! YOU'RE the one who needs to get a hold of yourself!"

Kangin went to smack Kibum across the face, but Kibum caught his hand before he could.

"Don't even think about it." Kibum warned.

"Okay…fine…" said Kangin.

Just when Kyuhyun was going to advise everyone to hurry up and leave right then, they heard the sound of a motor being revved.

"That can't be good." Siwon said uneasily.

They all turned around as headlights shone in their faces. Then the car drove right at them, but luckily they all jumped out of the way just in the nick of time. The window in the backseat rolled down and the face of a sinister fat man poked outside and looked at them.

"Detectives." He said creepily.

"Big Mac." Said Key as they got to their knees.

"We know what you did." Said Key. "And we have the evidence to prove it. You're finally going to be put behind bars."

"I was waiting for the day when you would be able to pin something on me." Said Big Mac, looking even more sinister IF POSSIBLE.

"So we can do this the easy way or the hard way." Said Key.

"Catch me first, Detectives!" said Big Mac as he pulled back inside the car and then took off in the distance.

"Why do they always choose the hard way?" said Kibum.

"There's no way we'll be able to catch up to them!" said Kangin, running up to where Key and Kibum were both standing dramatically looking off in the direction Big Mac had gone.

"If only I had my horse!" said Siwon since he obviously has an one-track mind. "Hey, where's Jaejoong, anyway?"

Just then, they heard the more comforting sound of a horse galloping up to them, and they looked over to see Jaejoong riding up with Siwon's gorgeous horse that we all sort of have a crush on at this point.

"Am I a great squire or what?" said Jaejoong as he jumped off.

"Jaejoong, if I paid you, I would definitely give you a raise!" said Siwon as he pulled himself up on the horse.

"Daw…you don't mean that…" said Jaejoong, looking flattered.

Kyuhyun stepped forth and grabbed the reins of the horse before Siwon could take off again. "Still, I doubt even the speed of that horse will be able to catch up the car, especially since we've been standing around talking for so long." he said since he is the rain on everyone's parade.

"I know a short cut." Said Key, coming over to the horse and attempting to pull himself up but only ended up failing. "Okay, so someone help me."

Siwon helped pull Key up while Kibum aided him as well.

"How could you know a shortcut unless you know exactly where Big Mac is going?" Siwon asked as Keyy tried to situate himself but there's really no comfortable way for two full-grown males who don't really know each other to sit so snugly.

"This whole town is a maze of back roads and alleys." Key answered. "If you know your way around, you can find anyone you want."

"But you don't know your way around." Siwon pointed out.

"I didn't think so at first, but just trust me." Key commanded.

"Fine…" said Siwon as he kicked his heels into the horse and it started running.

Key looked confused as different music started playing. Very heroic music that was quite dissimilar to the theatrical piano theme music that he was used to.

"What is that?" he said.

"Oh, I think that's my valiant theme music that plays when I'm chasing or riding my horse." Siwon answered as if it were normal.

"I see." Said Key with a frown.

"Where are we going by the way?" Siwon said.

"Down that alley." Key pointed.

Siwon directed the horse down the alley and they popped out the other side just as a car rode by.

"I can't believe it, that was actually him!" said Siwon, looking completely astounded.

"Hurry up!" said Key.

They went faster and faster and faster and, for some reason, the horse was able to catch up with the car even though that could never physically happen in real life, just think about what Universe they're in after all.

They approached the car and caused it to swerve as it tried to lose them by going off down another alley, but Siwon and Key just pursued them wherever they went.

Key whipped out his gun and took one shot at the back tire, causing it to explode. The car swerved some more and the horse caught up even better.

The window rolled down, and there was one of Big Mac's flunkies with a machine gun.

"Oh no…" Siwon said as he slid down the face mask of his helmet just as the flunky started taking shots at them wildly and randomly.

Of course, this is a machine gun we're talking about… taking shots at two guys on a horse.

Needless to say, the horse fell quite soon, hurling both Siwon and Key off of it and causing them to skid across the ground.

When they finally came to a stop, the first one to rise was Key. For some odd reason, he was not injured in the least bit, and not even his hat had fallen off or his clothes ripped at all.

Key got down to one knee, aimed the gun and took another shot at the car, hitting the other wheel, causing that one to explode as well. The car screeched around the corner and disappeared out of sight, but obviously the car had a few handicaps now.

Key knew there was nothing he could do at that point, so he got to his feet and looked over at Siwon who was still lying motionless on the road, and then at the horse which was just as motionless as Siwon.

"So…you've killed them both…" said Key dramatically as he clenched his fist and looked up at the sky. "Damn you…damn you all to hell!"

Then Siwon started coughing and sat up.

Key looked over at him, and if anyone else was there to see his expression, one might accuse him of disappointment. He went over to Siwon to find out why he wasn't dead.

"Why aren't you dead?" Key said.

"Good thing I was wearing this armor and this helmet or I might have died!" Siwon said, taking off the helmet, moving the trench coat aside and looking down to see all the bullet sized dents in his armor. "How's my horse?"

"Um…" Key looked back at Siwon's horse. "Let's just…not look."

"Is it that bad…?" Siwon's face looked like someone had just told him that Santa Claus isn't real. Even though he IS.

"Yeah…how about we just…yeah, let's go this way…" Kibum helped Siwon to his feet and they walked down an alleyway that just so happened to lead them right back to where everyone else was, despite how far they rode/drove during the chase scene.

"No luck?" Key said.

"No." said Siwon, looking sad. "And now my horse is dead!"

"So…they killed Siwon's horse…" said Key, clenching his fist and looking up at the sky. "Damn you…damn you all to hell!"

"It is a sad loss…" Jaejoong agreed, comforting Siwon who was STILL sad.

"What can we do now?" Kangin said. "Big Mac got away. How are we supposed to get him cause now we REALLY don't have any mode of transportation."

"He'll be back." Said Key.

"How can you be so sure?" said Kyuhyun. "Surely he's fleeing the town and, if he had any sense about him, he would just set up a new crime circle in a new town just as rundown as this one."

"There is no other town in this Universe." Said Key. "This town IS the Universe. That's why I say he will surely be back."

"How long will that take?" Jaejoong asked.

Kibum glanced at his watch. "There's no telling." He said.

"In the meantime, I think it would be best to search Big Mac's docks and find any information about the case." Key said.

"Didn't you say that this case is years old?" Kyuhyun said. "Why would he have information about it just lying around after so long?"

"Listen." Said Key with an exasperated sigh. "You have done nothing but question the workings of this Universe ever since you got here. All you have to do is assume that anything that would be ultimately convenient FOR US will happen. We are the tragic heroes, and our only flaw is our compassion for mankind. We can't even die."

"So that means you guys can't be shot either?" Jaejoong asked.

"Right." Said Kibum.

"What about run through with a sword?" Kangin questioned.

"Probably not." Key said.

"Well that's not fair…" said Siwon. "Oh! And you also only took two shots, and managed to hit the tires of the car that was so far away and moving—"

"TRAGIC HEROES." Said Key, his tone getting noticeably irritable. "ONLY FLAW. COMPASSION FOR MANKIND. CAN'T DIE."

"What else do you need to know about it?" Kibum sighed as if the fact that it was hard to grasp this concept was STRANGE.

"Well, whether you two are immortal or not is yet to be determined." Kyuhyun said, wanting to get moving. "For now, let's poke around the docks and see what we can find out about the case and Big Mac. So we can comb the area better, we should split up."

"Good plan." Said Kibum. "Key and I will go this way, and the rest of you can go that way."

"No." said Kyuhyun. "Kibum, you take Siwon and Kangin. Jaejoong and I will follow Key."

"Very well." Said Kibum, looking as though that was going to be the most painful thing in the entire world.

"I agree as well, but be careful." Said Key. "Some of Big Mac's flunkies could still be lurking about."

"So WHY are we splitting up?" Jaejoong cried.

"If you find anything useful, send up a flare." Said Kibum, ignoring Jaejoong.

"Flare?" said the Pirates and Knights.

"WE have one." Said Key in that tone that suggests he believes that EVERYONE should carry around a flare.

The two groups formed and then parted ways.

*A/N: As always, thanks to you who subscribed and commented. ^_^