An Encounter

REMOTE

Channel 4- An Encounter

Siwon and Jaejoong returned to their little house place after a very long and grueling day of having to do various things around the castle and for the king. It was quite tedious and quite annoying, but both tried to remain as positive as possible because that's just the kind of people they are.

Siwon hopped off the horse and Jaejoong tied it to the pole and just as they were about to enter the house, the door slammed open and Kyuhyun was standing there. He was pointing at the remote and looking quite dramatic.

"Rescue the princess." He said.

"What?" Jaejoong and Siwon both said.

"That's the mission." He explained as he showed them the screen a little more closely so they could actually see it. "The thing we have to do before we are able to leave is that we have to rescue the princess."

"Rescue the princess from what?" Jaejoong questioned. "We just saw her. She isn't in any danger."

"She's so busy with getting ready for her Coming Out that she doesn't have any time to be in danger."

"I don't know." Said Kyuhyun. "There are no specifications or details here. All it says is 'rescue the princess'. So we have to rescue her and then we can leave."

"I suppose we can check to see if she's in any danger." Siwon suggested. "Let me just get changed into something less annoying and heavy!"

Siwon went into the house and passed by Kangin who was just lying on the bed snoring.

After he got changed into something less annoying and heavy, but still quite knightly, he exited the house again where Jaejoong and Kyuhyun were waiting.

"What about Kangin?" he asked.

"He's sleeping." Kyuhyun said. "We'll just leave him here."

"He won't be mad?" Siwon said.

"You shouldn't care." Said Kyuhyun. "This is all about rescuing the princess so you can leave before you have to marry her."

"I don't have to marry her!" Siwon said.

"You MIGHT have to!" Jaejoong pointed out.

"Oh no…" Siwon said woefully.

"Let's go check up on the princess now." Said Kyuhyun. "Do you know where her room is?"

"I have an idea." Siwon answered. "But only because we spent all day wandering around the castle."

"I bet if we found the biggest most romantic looking balcony then we'd find the princess's room!" said Jaejoong.

"I'll go with that." Said Kyuhyun.

"Fine…" Siwon frowned.

They went through the courtyard and, ironically enough, there was a large, romantic balcony overlooking said courtyard. However, it was far too high up for anyone to peek in.

"Look, we can climb up that way." Said Jaejoong, pointing at the vines that were growing up the side of the castle.

"What, and peek in her window?" Siwon said, sounding appalled.

"We have to rescue her, remember?" Jaejoong said, running over to the vines and giving them a pull to make sure they would support him.

"No way!" said Siwon as he went over and wrenched Jaejoong away from the castle walls. "What if she's changing? You can't just peek in her window like that!"

"We have to." Said Kyuhyun. "It's essential so we can leave."

"Maybe she's not in trouble just yet!" Siwon said, sounding like he was pleading.

"Who's that out there?"

The three of them froze and listened to the female voice approaching directly above them, accompanied by a single set of footsteps.

They all dodged underneath the balcony so she wouldn't be able to see them.

"Hello?" she called, leaning over the balcony. "I heard someone out here!"

"Sh! No! Sh! Be quiet! Sh!"

The three of them were hissing at each other.

"I hear you under the balcony!" she said, leaning over further. "I'm going to call the guards if I have to!"

Finally, Kyuhyun grabbed Siwon and booted him out into the open. He stumbled and turned around to yell at Kyuhyun and Jaejoong only to realize that he had come into view of the princess.

"Um…hey…" said Siwon, waving awkwardly.

"Oh!" she exclaimed. "Sir Siwon! You have come to my balcony just as the sun is setting…"

She looked at him lovingly, as if waiting for him to say something.

"So yeah!" said Siwon. "I was uh…just passing through and making sure that… uh… there was no uh… trouble and uh…"

He looked at Jaejoong who was covering his mouth and trying to stifle his laughter, and at Kyuhyun who he could tell was laughing just as hard as Jaejoong, but just doing a better job at hiding it.

"So yeah, there's no trouble so I'll just be heading out, bye!" said Siwon as he turned around to leave.

"Wait!" the princess called.

Siwon winced and slowly faced her again. "Um…yes?"

"I look forward to seeing you tomorrow night." She said softly.

"Uh…yeah!" said Siwon. "I'll be there! So uh…yeah! Catch you later!"

"Wait!" she called again.

Siwon, once again, stopped in his tracks and waited for her to go on.

"Is it true?" she said. "The stories? The ones I've heard of you?"

"Uh…" Siwon said slowly. "Well…yeah. Of course! If you mean the stories in which I did things, then yeah. I did those things. In the stories you heard, cause they're true."

"How wonderful…" she sighed, looking off at the sunset, then she looked back at Siwon who was trying to tiptoe away. "My father wishes for me to marry a prince."

Siwon waited a few seconds and then gave the thumbs up. "Father knows best, right?" he tried with a dorky laugh.

"Not exactly." The princess said, looking ever so pained in the heart. "I wish to marry for love!"

"Well you should follow your heart and everything will be okay!" said Siwon.

"Oh Sir Siwon," said the princess. "You are so wise. And brave. And strong. And handsome."

"Um…well…thanks…" said Siwon twiddling his fingers.

"Fare well, my wise knight!" she said as she dropped her dainty white handkerchief from the balcony. Siwon watched it fall, but was incredibly distracted by Jaejoong and Kyuhyun who were both making fun of him in their own special ways. "I shall wait for the moment in time when we meet again."

"Uh…" Siwon said, picking it up. "Ditto?"

With that, the princess disappeared back into her room.

Jaejoong nearly collapsed from laughter as he ran out and hugged Siwon. "That was the best thing I have ever seen!" he said. "You win at life!"

"Sh." Said Kyuhyun as he came out as well. Siwon pushed Jaejoong away and turned bright red. "We should leave now before she comes back."

"But don't we have to rescue her?" Siwon said.

"From what?" Kyuhyun pointed out.

"Oh right…" Siwon lowered his head.

The three of them started walking back across the courtyard, Jaejoong still chuckling about the encounter Siwon had just had with the princess.

"Fare well my wise night!" he said, making his voice squeak. "She was completely smitten with you!"

"Jaejoong, stop it…" Siwon said, looking BEYOND embarrassed. "You guys are the ones who pushed me out there without anything to say!"

"You could have said ANYTHING!" said Jaejoong. "She ate it all up. I don't think she needs to have her Coming Out ball. She probably already has her heart set on you and is going to tell her dad first thing in the morning!"

"Jaejoong, that's enough." Said Kyuhyun.

"Oh fine…" Jaejoong said. "But you guys are no fun!"

They made their way back to the little house, where Jaejoong simply couldn't wait at all to wake up Kangin so he could have someone to laugh at Siwon with.

"You guys went to see the princess and you didn't wake me up?" Kangin sounded more devastated than he needed to.

"But you should have seen how funny it was!" laughed Jaejoong.

"I WOULD have seen if you guys had woken me up!" Kangin pointed out.

"Oh right." Said Jaejoong.

"What did she look like?" Kangin asked. "Was she pretty?"

"I didn't really see her." Jaejoong said. "Just ask Siwon!"

Kangin crossed his arms and looked angrily at the others.

Siwon shook his head and tried to remain good-spirited about the whole mess.

"What are we going to do?" said Siwon. "She's not in any danger, so how are we supposed to rescue her?"

"I am thinking up an idea as we speak." Kyuhyun said. "If she is not in danger, then we can create danger."

"How?" Jaejoong asked.

"All we have to do is set up a scenario in which the princess gets kidnapped, and then we rescue her." Kyuhyun answered.

"Not following." Kangin said.

"Wait, I think I get it." Said Siwon. "We kidnap her, and then rescue her from ourselves?"

"Precisely." Kyuhyun replied.

"But how are we going to pull that off?" said Jaejoong. "I don't know if taking her away from the castle and bringing her back would really qualify as kidnapping and rescuing."

"I know." Said Kyuhyun. "That is why we have to split up into two groups."

"What groups?" Kangin asked.

"I'm sure it is not out of the ordinary for a duo of pirates to kidnap a fair princess, and for a knight and his squire to return her to her father, the king." Kyuhyun said in a superior tone that made his elders want to whack him.

"Aha…" the other three said.