Shootout

REMOTE

Channel 11- Shootout

"Don't you ever run out of bullets?" Kangin said to Kibum.

"No." said Kibum.

The three of them were behind an overturned desk. Siwon and Kangin were both waiting patiently as Kibum had a shoot out with one of Big Mac's thugs. Unfortunately, Siwon and Kangin had no way to help because the only weapons they had were swords.

"Seriously…Kyuhyun has a shotgun…why didn't I get a shotgun?" Kangin complained as he checked on his person one more time. "All I got was this dumb telescope."

"I thought you liked the telescope." Said Siwon.

"I DID, until I realized how much I wanted a shotgun." Kangin sighed as if it were a HUGE DEAL.

"I don't think we even had guns in my Universe." Siwon said.

"Will you two be quiet?" Kibum said, kneeling down and addressing them. "Can't you see I'm in the middle of a shoot out?"

"Well yeah." Said Kangin. "But you've been going at it for like twenty minutes."

"And you haven't reloaded a single time." Siwon added, gesturing at Kibum's gun which OBVIOUSLY only held six bullets.

"I already told you, I never run out of bullets." Said Kibum.

"We're just getting bored, that's all." Said Kangin, crossing his arms.

"Fine." Kibum rolled his eyes as he stood up and took one shot, and suddenly the opponent's gunfire ceased.

"You could have done that the entire time and you forced us to sit here and shoot blindly at a guy?" demanded Kangin as he stood up and got in Kibum's face.

"Yes." Said Kibum. "To pass the time."

"Keep in mind that the two of us are still quite vulnerable when it comes to being shot in the chest." Kangin said, pointing to himself and Siwon.

"Actually, my armor did a pretty good job protecting me." Siwon said, standing up as well.

"Fine then I'M very vulnerable to being shot in the chest!" Kangin corrected.

"I'll keep that in mind." Said Kibum, pocketing his gun.

"What are we even looking for?" said Siwon, before suddenly getting SO sad.

"What?" said Kangin.

"My horse…" he whined.

"Oh stop it." Said Kibum.

"By the way, Kibum." Said Kangin as he started looking through some papers that had been flung across the room when they had flipped the table over for protection. "How many people have you killed since we got here?"

"Jimmy the Rat, that dame in your office, that random thug, and now that guy." Kangin counted off his fingers. "Are we missing anyone?"

"Um…" said Kibum, turning away from them. "Uh…let's just say you're NOT, all right?"

"Why, have you killed more people than that?" demanded Kangin.

"Look what I just found." Said Kibum as he picked up a piece of paper that appeared to be a signed confession that completely explained how Big Mac went about killing Kibum's past lover's husband.

"Hm…how convenient." Said Siwon, looking over Kibum's shoulder.

"Yeah." Said Kibum, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"Well, I suppose that's all we need to put him behind bars." Kangin concluded.

"You would THINK so." Said Kibum, folding up the letter and putting it in his SECRET POCKET. "Let's find the other group."

They couldn't send off their flare because they were inside, but it's not like the other group could have responded to their flare because CURRENTLY…

They were ALSO in a shootout.

Key was of course standing up straight and firing directly at the bad guys. Just standing there taking shots as Kyuhyun and Jaejoong hid behind a large crate.

"What's with these groups?" said Jaejoong with a whine. "Why did you split us up this way?"

"I split up our power." Kyuhyun answered. "Since you don't have a weapon, you went with me because I have more weapons than Kangin. Siwon and Kangin went together because they balance each other out. Key and Kibum are interchangeable."

"So I'm deadweight?" Jaejoong said.

"Yes." Said Kyuhyun flatly. "And I have to work hard to compensate."

"Well, sorry I'm such a burden!" Jaejoong said angrily.

Key suddenly walked over to them and frowned. "Hello?" he said.

"Yeah?" they both looked up at him.

"Why didn't you help?" Key said.

"You were in a shootout." Said Kyuhyun. "We didn't want to interrupt."

"You have a gun." Key reminded him, pointing at the gun by his side.

"But it only has one shot in it." Kyuhyun said.

"What good is only having one shot?" said Jaejoong.

"I want to save it for something special." Kyuhyun replied.

"Whatever." Said Key. "We have to find something useful because I don't want to be known as that group that never found anything useful."

He then turned around only to be faced with Big Mac's biggest, ugliest thug. The thug had a large club in his hand and hit Key over the head with it. Key fell so spectacularly that it was IN SLOW MOTION, until he actually hit the floor, unconscious.

"Oh no!" said Jaejoong as he grabbed onto Kyuhyun for protection.

Kyuhyun pushed Jaejoong away, then stood up and fired his one shot at the thug.

The thug fell over on the ground.

"KYUHYUN!" said Jaejoong, jumping to his feet. "You just killed someone!"

Kyuhyun frowned. "I suppose." He said. "Why don't I feel any remorse?"

"This place is getting to all of us." Said Jaejoong. "Except for me. I would never kill anyone."

"Let's make sure that Key isn't bleeding or about to die or any—" Kyuhyun started as he turned around only to see Key standing up and brushing himself off.

"Hey!" said Jaejoong. "How are you okay? We just saw you hit the floor!"

"Don't move too much, you might have a concussion." Kyuhyun advised, trying to make Key lie back down.

"I'm fine." Said Key. "And I'm not just saying that. I really am okay."

"How?" said Kyuhyun skeptically.

"Well, I can be unconscious if it's convenient." Said Key. "But since I regained consciousness so quickly, it must mean that we have to run away from something and obviously it would be obnoxious if you guys had to carry me around."

"What would we have to run away from?" Jaejoong asked.

"I can distinctly hear ticking from the other side of the room consistently speeding up." Key said.

Jaejoong, Key and Kyuhyun all looked at each other and then tore off in the other direction as fast as they could and, as they dove out the door, the entire building exploded in a burst of fire and a mushroom cloud. The building sunk into the water and disappeared.

"Oh no!" said Jaejoong as he sat up and watched it sink. "Kangin and Siwon and Kibum were in there!"

"No, we're all right." Came a voice, and sure enough, the other trio had managed to dive out of another door that just so happened to be handily situated for their escape.

"If Kibum hadn't noticed that ticking, I don't know WHAT would have happened!" said Siwon, standing up.

"Did you find anything?" Key asked Kibum.

"A signed confession." Kibum said. "Though I don't know if it will do us any good, considering we already knew that Big Mac committed the murder."

"Hm…yes…" said Key.

"Detectives."

They all stood up and whirled around to see Big Mac in all his glory surrounded by tons of his flunkies, all swinging chains or other form of weapon directly at our heroes.

"And…companions…" said Big Mac, eyeing the rest of the group.

"Big Mac!" said Key. "Surrender now and accept justice for all your crimes!"

"Never!" said Big Mac. "Attack!"

The ruffians charged towards the good guys.

"It has to be done." Said Kyuhyun, taking out his sword.

"Easy for you to say!" said Jaejoong. "I don't have a weapon!"

"Just stay by me, Jaejoong!" said Siwon as he pulled out his sword and erupted into flames of course. "SHISUS POWAHHH!"

The thugs came up to them and they all started fighting.

"Hey Kyuhyun!" Kangin shouted as he sword fought against a thug with a large metal pole.

"What is it?" said Kyuhyun, preoccupied with his own opponent.

"Can you hear that?" Kangin said.

"Our theme music?" Kyuhyun tried.

"Yeah!" said Kangin. "It rocks! Music to fight by!"

Sure enough, even the Pirates had their own theme music. Music that played while they were sword fighting, while the Knights had music when they were riding, and the Detectives had music while they were…walking. Or whatever.

"Behind you, Siwon!" said Jaejoong as he tried his best to stay out of harm's way. "Over here! Look this way!"

"Jaejoong, you're distracting me!" said Siwon as he did his best to thwart the bad guys without killing any of them. That would horrify him.

"Avenge your horse, Siwon!" said Jaejoong. "AVENGE YOUR HORSE!"

Key, in addition to being able to shoot a gun like a master and snap necks like it was his job (and it sort of was), he discovered that he was moderately skilled in close-range combat, as long as it looked badass enough. He found that as long as anything looked badass enough, he could essentially do it.

Kibum, meanwhile, was sneaking up behind Big Mac, and when he was close enough, he shot all the flunkies that were around him. The flunkies fell dead right on the spot even if they were shot in the leg or whatever because having them alive would surely be troublesome. Kibum grabbed Big Mac and held a gun up to his head.

Big Mac, needless to say, told all of his thugs to back off and stop fighting.

"You chose to do this the hard way a long time ago." Said Kibum, cocking his gun.

Suddenly, one of the flunkies that everyone had assumed had been automatically dead had a little bit of fight left in him, raised his arm up off the floor and took one shot at Kibum.

Kibum dramatically crumpled to the ground in a heap.

"NOOOO!" Key yelled as he whipped out his gun and fired at Big Mac and then at the thug.

They both died as Key ran over to Kibum to see if he was all right. All the thugs scattered, leaving everyone who was not a detective to just stand there in a huddle.

"Of course he's all right." Kangin whispered to Siwon. "Right? Didn't we go through this whole thing where they can't be shot?"

"Well, if it's dramatic enough then I suppose they can be shot." Kyuhyun said.

"What do you mean?" demanded Jaejoong. "If it's dramatic enough?"

"Key…" said Kibum, reaching up to his Detective Friend. Of course, it was impossible to tell exactly where he had been shot, but we can all assume that wherever it was, it had been fatal.

"Kibum, save your strength." Key urged him.

"I won't make it." Said Kibum. "If you see Trixie…tell her that her husband's soul is finally at rest." His eyes rolled back in his head and he fell limp.

"Kibum…no…" said Key, clenching his fist as the drizzle outside turned into pouring rain. "They've KILLED him!"

The others gasped…

JUST AS they were engulfed with white light.

"ALMOST perfect timing." Said Kyuhyun as he whipped out the remote. It was hard to be excited about being able to change Universes considering Kibum had just…you know…died.

They appeared in the new world.

The first thing they noticed is that they were in the middle of a desert. A little old western town.

"The Old West!" said Jaejoong. "Cowboys and Indians! What a fun Universe!"

"Jaejoong." Said Siwon. "Remember. Kibum just died. We have to mourn his death before we do anything else."

"Oh right." Said Jaejoong, lowering his head.

They all stood there with their heads bowed, but happened to look up when they noticed Key and Kibum both just standing there.

"Wait." Said Kangin. "Didn't you just die, Kibum?"

"Um…yeah." Said Kibum. "I guess…it didn't really count."

"WHAT?" demanded everyone.

"Then that means…" Siwon started. Then he turned around to see his horse just standing behind him being a horse. "MY HORSE!" He hugged his horse excitedly since it was very much alive.

"Well." Said Kibum, putting his hands on his hips. "You seem to be more excited about the horse being alive than me being alive."

Siwon looked embarrassed. "Well…I'm not gonna lie…" he started.

"Hey, you two are still in black and white!" said Jaejoong, pointing at the only ones who would obviously still be in black and white. "And where did our trench coats go?"

"What?" said Key, looking down at himself to see that he was, in fact, still in black and white. "That's annoying!"

"I suppose when we enter each Universe, everything resets." Kyuhyun said, pulling out his gun and looking at it to see the special single shot had returned.

"That's a helpful piece of information." Said Kangin.

"Well, now that that's all squared away, let's figure out who we have to find in this Universe." Kyuhyun said, pulling out the remote control and looking off in the distance of the desert.

*A/N: Again, thanks for the comments. ^_^ I hope my story makes you all smile like your comments made me smile. :) And to the new subscribers, welcome! Hope you like duh story. ;)