Chapter 6

Forgotten Secret

Theres no other cases that seem similar in any way. However, there are a few missing people and so maybe he buried those victims, PO said.

That would suggest that he is a very high functioning individual and that he probably fits into society very well. He knows that hes made mistakes with those victims and doesnt want them found, Team Leader Ahn said while staring at the board. It would be great if we could find the connection between these victims, Team Leader Ahn said whilst sighing in frustration.

A young girl, dressed in typical uniform, was crying, sniffling while trying to hold her hands up as she kneeled on the hard floor. She was in pain everywhere but she couldnt pin point what caused it. She desperately wanted to plead with the man to let her go but felt dry. A loud cry suddenly flew from her lips and she looked up at the man to see his reaction.

He held a finger to his lips, telling her to keep quiet. It appeared as if he was debating with himself or waiting for something. She thought she should chance it, Pl.please please let me go. I wont tell anyone please. He didnt seem to have noticed that she had said anything.

Feeling braver because the man hadnt punished her, she decided to try again this time louder, I just want to go home. I still live with my parents. Im in my last year of school. I He cut her off with a sharp, Stop talking. The stillness from before returned.

A soft noise penetrated the quiet and it grew louder and louder. The man grabbed her by the neck, slammed her head against the wall, a sickening crack sounded. He brought his other hand with the gun forwards, pointed it at her heart then fired and shoved it into and fired again.

The body dropped with a resounding thud. The noise that was present just moments before was gone again. He bent down, dipped his finger in the leaking blood, walked somewhere between the shelves before walking back to survey the body after a short time. He cleaned a few things and then walked towards the door. As he left the bookstore, he checked inconspicuously for any late wanderers.

Theres a fifth victim that was just found. Died overnight, a grim-looking older investigator said.

Myungsoo walked around the body, analysing and taking in all the details. Shes so young. Her knees look dirty like she was kneeling on the floor.

Has anyone found the signature of the killer? Jonghyun asked.

No one answered.

I walked around and searched for any signs of blood. I looked through each row of books until I got to the Philosophy section. There was something eerie in the air. It felt cold the further I went back. And finally, there it was, just when I started to think perhaps we were wrong. Is the victims name Baek Hyunjung?

A voice answered, Yes. Did you find it?

Its here, I replied whilst sticking my head out of the isle I was in. I took photos and took the appropriate evidence. I looked around, I wonder why he chose this aisle I mean its further back. What if someone had seen something or felt something was strange then decided to call it in or investigate on their own? Wouldnt this have been too much of a risk?