Chapter 3

Forgotten Secret

Monday Morning 06:30am

I saw Myungsoo by the door that would lead us into the SCU offices. Looking closer I saw he was fidgeting with his suit.

I ran over and swung an arm around his neck, Myungsoo-ah! Nervous? Its our first real day doing what we want.

Myungsoo stared ahead and replied coolly, Whose nervous? You?

Looking at his carefully composed face, I wondered if I had dreamt him fidgeting a moment before. Yah! I saw you just now.

Yet again his eyes were blank as he gave me a glance.

I smiled at him and said teasingly, I know youre my friend and all but I wont go easy on you. May the best man win!

Win what? he asked.

What? What do you mean? The spot on the SCU of course! I replied in disbelief.

In that case, youve already lost, a teasing smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

A voice from inside suddenly called out rather loudly, What are you doing just standing around outside!?!

The two of us speed-walked inside and bowed. We waited a while before subtly looking at each other and agreeing to straighten together. When we looked up, we didnt see the traditional two or three senior offices with a bunch of tables that congregate close to each other. The room was spacious with 4 big movable boards with a large table in front of them and a couple of tables further away. Lastly, our eyes zeroed in on the source of the voice. It came from a man sitting on an office chair with his legs on the table.

He seemed to have studied us from the moment we walked in. He scooted his chair away from his desk and towards us. So you are the two new recruits? Im Ahn Chil-Hyun.

Pleasure to meet you Team Leader Ahn, my name is Kim Myungsoo, Myungsoo said.

Nam Woohyun sir, I added quickly.

He gave us a second look and then said, None of this sir business, Team Leader will be fine. We just wrapped up a case so everyone will be in a little bit later so make yourselves comfortable.

 We stood around in silence, I was awkward but Myungsoo being who he was, was very calm and nonchalant. After some time had passed, loud laughter could be heard, this was followed by a loud Hyung! Without looking up, Team Leader said, That will be the rest of the team.

4 people walked in. 3 males and 1 female. The slightly shorter but more muscular male looked to be teasing a slightly taller but seemingly docile male. The girl seemed to be trying to stop the muscular male from bullying the docile male. The tallest male didnt take part but instead he had a fond smile that broke out into a full laugh. They stopped with their antics when they saw Myungsoo and I.

They looked at each other questioningly and then the girl said in a friendly manner, Hi Im Hwasa.

The muscular male said cockily and a giant smile, Im Jonghyun, but you guys can call me Hyung.

The tallest male introduced himself in a calmer manner, Pyo Ji-Hoon but everyone calls me P.O.

Lastly, the docile male said quietly, Im Yugyeom, the maknae.

Suddenly before we could introduce ourselves the phone rang.

Team Leader Ahn speaking. I see. Please send what information you can and we will look at it immediately. Team Leader put down the phone and said, Pack your bags. We have a case.