Chapter 8: Seoul

A Call for Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I arrived at Seoul around 12 p.m., grabbing a taxi immediately to make my way to TV station where BTS was recording their debut stage.

Traffic was heavy on my way in, but I arrived around 12:30 P.M., texting Jimin I had made it and would see him soon.  Part of me was surprised to see when I arrived the line of people waiting to get into the small venue.  There was a separate entrance for others to get in, which Jimin gave me directions too and I guided my taxi driver too.

When I made it, I handed the cash to my taxi driver and climbed out of the car.  I was slapped in the face with the smell of Soeul, which had heavy population.  Quickly I pulled my mask over my face and made my way up to the entrance.  There was two guards standing watch, who asked me my name, who I was there to see and asked to see the pass Jimin had given me.  They eventually let me pass through the door where I walked into a small reception area.  A beautiful middle-age woman sat at the desk typing away.  Her head peaking up when she heard the door shut behind me.

Her voice was soft but confident, “Who are you here to see?”

There was no hesitation in my voice as I said their name allowed, “BTS.”

She smiled at me, “family to the band?”

I nodded, “you could say that.”

“The boys will be in room 7.”

Her smiling widened, pulling out an offical backstage pass and handing it to me.  She explained that I would be able to scan it to get access to certain rooms.

Walking up to the class door, I noticed the scanner and waved my card.  The light switched green and I was able to pull the doors open.  The corridor was long, counting down the numbers.  Part of me was curious on how many numbers there would be along the hall.  Odd numbers were on the right and even’s on the left.

I peered down my phone to see Jimin still hadn’t text me back.  I couldn’t help but wonder why not.  Maybe he was busy practicing?

When I reached door #7 I gave a light knock, voices halting in the background.

“Ah, this must be them – they are late.”

The door swung open to show an older a man with glasses on his face, “it’s about time one of you showed up…wait…where are the rest of the stylists?”

My eyes widened at the anger on his face, who was this guy?  A woman stepped up beside him; her glossy brown eyes scanning me up and down.  She was incredibly pretty, her outfit and make-up a stark contrast to my own.  She was dripping in color, she wore a bright yellow sweater – which sleeves didn’t pass her wrist.  It was paired with a hot pink flowing skirt.  She had light make-up on, eye-liner framing her eyes.  She was absolutely stunning compared to me.

I work a white knitted sweater with black leggings, along with a boot that had a small heel.  There was no make-up on my face.  Part of me wondered if I tried as this woman had, if I would look as cute as her.

“This isn’t one of my artists Sejin-oppa,” the woman stated, eyeing me up.  Sejin’s brow furrowed.

“Who are you? How did you get back here?”

My body was rigid, who were these people?  Did I get sent to the wrong door?  They sure were giving me the 3rd degree.

“Sorry,” I bowed, “I must have the wrong room.  I’m here for BTS.”  Quickly I held up my pass to show I wasn’t lying, “they must have given me the wrong door.  Sorry.”

After giving another bow, I turned to rush away from the situation when I heard my name called down the hall, “Nari!”

My feet stopped where they were, head turning to meet that black-haired boy rushing towards me with heavy feet.  He was with two others who trailed behind him slowly – one I recognized immediately as Jungkook.  The other another boy who looked like he was taking right out of an anime and became a physical body.

“Ah, Jimin,” relief washed over me when Jimin reached me – the two standing in the door way suddenly clicking to what had happened.

“Did you get to meet Manager Sejin-nim and Yoojin-noona?” 

Sejin cleared his throat, “Apologies.  We have some stylists who are late.  We assumed you were our missing party.”

Jimin’s face twisted as Sejin bowed over his rudeness.

“Stylists are missing?”  Jimin asked, his voice raising an octave in concern.

Yoojin jumped in, “yes, we haven’t heard from them in the last hour.  They were supposed to be here a half hour ago.  We did not want you to panic.  You need to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter