Chapter 1: Friendship

A Call for Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jiminie……” My eyes met those golden slits, my lips still turned into a frown.  His black hair fell around his face, those puffy cheeks today didn't swell with a smile.

“I’ll call you every day Nari,” Jimin promised, but it didn't do anything to lighten the pressure I felt in my chest. 

It was a few weeks ago Jimin had gone to Seoul to audition to become an idol trainee.  At the time, when his voice came through my phone and he told me he had made it through his auditions I was screaming for him.  I jumped all around my home, my father watching with puzzled look on his face as my thin frame hoped all around, congradulating Jimin over and over again. 

Now as the two of us were sitting in a coffee shop after class, the reality dawned on us both how our lives were going to change - Jimin had finally broken the news he would be moving to Seoul.

It was a piece of information that hadn’t clicked at the time.  I was always very supportive of him, attending his dance classes growing up. Hours spent watching him, listen to soothing music as his body moved to the music.  I would lean against the dance studio wall, text book resting in my lap with homework while Jimin worked day in and day out.  Every once in awhile I would look up and catch his eye in the mirror, our brown eyes clashing for a breif second before his focus was back on the movements.  During that time I would feel my breath catch in my throat, realizing that someday this boy might hold something powerful over women.

Jimin and I had been friends for years, the two of us growing up in the same neighborhood in Busan.  Our friendship started one fine afternoon at a park our parents would take us too at a young age.

As an only child, around the age of 3 my mother began to grow worried about my social up bringing.  When I was born my mother had almo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter