Chapter 6: Sunset

A Call for Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin and I found ourselves sitting on the park bench, our shoulders inches from touching as we stared off into the distance of the sun setting.  It was a beautiful night outside of the brisk fall air.  Silence had fallen upon us when we sat.  The only thing that could be heard in the distance was the leaves whistling in the chilly air and the birds chipping lightly as they prepared for the day to end.

At some point a shiver ran down my spine, forcing me to sit up straight and cross my arms across my chest to protect myself from the breeze.  Jimin gave me a side glance, a soft sigh escaping his lips before he pulled his blue sweater off to drape around my shoulders.  Our eyes met in that moment, Jimin offered me a smile – his puffy cheeks lifting so his eyes turned into crescents.

There was a slight skip in my heart.  Since when did I blush when Jimin did something nice for me and our eyes met?  Why did this moment feel intimate?  Perhaps it was how long it has been since our eyes last connected – or maybe I had grown fonder of him in his absence.

Jimin turned forward again, leaning back against the bench, “you seemed really excited to see me Nari.”

There was a small smirk playing at his lips, but he looked away, it was the first time he teased me in such a way.  My blush traveled down my neck and I choose to look to my left so he wouldn’t see my face.

“Did you really not call because you wanted to surprise me?”  Jimin straighten up beside me, his eyes burning a hole in the side of my face.  I couldn’t help but linger on the feelings I had today.  Part of me needed some sort of reassurance that Jimin would never leave me.

After a moment, I heard a sigh escape his lips, “honestly, practice ran late…I didn’t want to wake you.  I knew I was coming back so I decided to surprise you.  I thought you might text me on my way into town but you are still as stubborn as ever.”

It was my turn to sigh, I craned my neck back – focusing on the sky above us, the clouds whispy and dark.

“How have you been?”  The words rolled out of my mouth, deciding it was time to change the subject.  Jimin seamed to brighten, suddenly words of his debut, s falling from his lips happily.

First there was Jin, he was the eldest.  According to Jimin, he was incredibly handsome but had struggled the most in dance practice.  He was really funny, telling Dad jokes all the time that some members enjoyed and others hated.  Jimin considered him free spirit, happy and full of energy, sometimes acting younger than all those younger than him.

Next was Namjoon, the main rapper and leader.  He was incredibly smart, finishing the top 2% in testing.  He was the catalyst for the group, he had a style so different than anyone Jimin had seen before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter