Chapter 2: Distance

A Call for Silence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There’s a lot of other trainers here,” Jimin hummed through the phone, I had been lying in bed with the lights off for some time, Jimin’s ringtone waking me up from slumber.  Today was Jimin’s first day of training though he had been in Seoul a few days now. I had been waiting for him to call me all day but was not expected to be awoken at 1 a.m. by him.

When I rolled over to answer the phone, I saw his image and quickly cleared my throat to remove the grogginess from my voice.  I didn’t want Jimin to know he woke me up.  So as chipper as possible, I said a “hello,” through the phone.

“Nari!  I’m surprised your still up!  What are you doing?”  I inwardly groaned, remembering to stay silent so Jimin would not hear.

“I’m studying, how was your first day training?”  I asked, managing to sound engaged.

“There’s a lot of trainee’s here.  A lot of them are around my age and some older.  I feel really new, some of the people I interacted with today have been doing this for a while but some were new.”  I nodded, listening to him trail on and on about his day.  At some point, he talked about this kid he met named V, who was very quiet and a little odd that was the same age as him.  He also went on to talk about how he feels so inexperienced being there with all the tenured trainee’s.

“I need to work really hard to get to that level,” Jimin admitted to me, as his rabbling came to an end.

I smiled, I missed hearing his voice and seeing his expressions, “Jimin, work hard and you will be great.  Fighting!”

Jimin laughed, then switched the subject, “you should be sleeping.  I told you not to study to hard and try to make friends!”

“The same could be said about you,” I stated, “I’m working on adjusting to life without Jimin-ah.”

I could practically visualize Jimin’s smile on the other end, “I wish I could have brought you to Seoul with me…. are you sure you don’t want to train to be an idol?”

“Jimin, one, big hit has no girl groups and two, I have zero talent in singing, dancing, and I’m nowhere near pretty enough to be the face of a group.”

I heard Jimin sigh from the other end, “I know but it’s nice dream.”

A small smile found its way to my lips, in a perfect world that would be our life.  I rolled my head back on the bed so my eyes were staring up at the ceiling, “have you made any new friends?”

Jimin hummed in response, “I’ve talked to some trainee’s, but it’s only day one.  There’s this guy named Kim Hoseok that seems cool.  He’s a really good dancer.”

I let a yawn slip passed me lips, my exhaustion catching up with me again as my adrenalin from Jimin calling calmed.  While Jimin’s voice was higher than most boys our age, it was such a calming tone to me.

“You should get some sleep Nari,” I groaned in response, and Jimin let out a cute giggle.

I found my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter