|caramel macchiato

My (not so) Prince Charming

Miso unlocked her now lonely apartment and the lights. She dropped her keys to see half the things in the house almost gone. "What a jerk." she sighed going to her room. She tiredly slipped off her clothes and wnt to the bathroom to take a refreshing bath. 

"I'm so boring? Well so were you." she mumbled as she swayed the water in her tub with her hand. She sat in the tub gloomily, hoping time would stop while everything was peaceful and quiet. She wondered how her friend went through these break-ups and moved on so fast. She wasn't mentally prepared to act like nothing changed for herself before having to tell her best friend that there will be no more double dates.

She dunked her head down into the water and squirmed until she was out of breath. 'Minho you idiot. Or am I the idiot... Am I that boring?' The thoughts flew all around her head suffocating her. She jerked up gasping for air and coughed looking at the mess she made. 

After cleaning the floor she went to her closet finding a pair of knee-length shorts and... Minho's hoodie. Her hand reached for it as she sadly looked at it. Miso shook her head folding it and placing it in an empty shopping bag she had placing it on the floor. She took a meme t-shirt out and wore it quickly leaving her room. 

"What to eat... what to eat." she opened the fridge to see a bottle of water. Half-filled. "Gosh darn it Minho." She spent the last of her savings on the furniture with Minho and was only paid eight dollars an hour as a barista. Would it be enough for groceries and rent?.. "Should I find a second job?" she chugged what was left of the water and tossed it in the recycling bin.

She reached for her phone as the brightness made her squint. "Ewww." she stared at her lockscreen. It was Minho and her holding up heart signs. She was staring at it longer than she should've and quickly unlocked her phone changing her wallpaper to random quotes. 

"I have to get another job and start fresh. Without him." she nodded at herself hoping to not think about Minho anymore.


The next day...

Miso rolled around her bed uncomfortably and ended up falling to the floor. "Ahh!" she groaned looking at the clock. "Shoot! I'm gonna be late!" she scurried to her feet and hurried to the bathroom. She grabbed her toothbrush and squeezed a bit too much paste onto it. She stuffed it in and brushed fast while brushing through her hair with her fingers. 

She spat out the cream rinsing thoroughly and reached for Minho's toothbrush tossing it in the waste bin. She ran to her closet grabbing her cafe uniform and tripped on her shorts. "What the biscuits Miso, hurry up!" she frantically tied her hair into a ponytail and ran out her apartment locking the doors. 

Good thing the cafe was only a block away from her apartment. She would always have time to listen to her favorite music while peacefully walking to work, but not today. She sprinted down the block getting looks from people but she didn't have time to explain herself as she almost ran into a biker. "Ahh! Sorry! Pardon me!" she dodged dogs and humans and birds. 

"I'm here!" she bursted through the cafe door as the bell jingled roughly. "Jeez Miso! You scared the living heck out of me!" her best friend was mopping the floor and waved her to the cashier. "Sorry- whew- oh- my- nerver-mind."  Miso breathed heavily hugging her friend real quick and rushed behind the counter as a customer came in.

"Hi, welcome- what would you like?" Miso said dying still. There was no answer until she looked up to see...that jerk! "You again!?" they both pointed to each other. He was still wearing the overly "expensive jacket."

"You still owe me a new pair of shoes!" he glared at her. She blew the bangs out her face and sighed "I don't know what you're talking about. Do you have an order sir?" she tapped on the counter. He huffed dramatically "I want to talk to your manager." 

Miso stared him in the eye for thirty seconds full before groaning. "Fine! How much was it?" He smirked at her micheviously. "Only about a grand." he blinked.

"What the- I can't right now though." Miso sighed. He cocked his head to the side. "Then I guess you'll have to do plan B, those shoes were my baby." he smiled. Miso internally threw up at his attitude and waste of money. 

"No, I'll pay it okay... unless what's plan B?" she stared at him stiffly. "You have to be my girlfriend for a month." he grinned at the girl. "No, I'll pay it." she shook her head at the ridiculous plan. He laughed "Well if you want to so bad, you made a coffee stain on my jacket last time too, and this baby here costs three times the shoes sweetheart. So plan B?" he held out his hand.

Miso sighed closing her eyes, "Don't call me sweetheart... and no." she gritted through her teeth estimating the price in her head along with bills and food."Honestly you don't really have a choice, because this is quite an emergency... so how about I pay you a thousand to be my girlfriend?" he leaned against the counter. Miso's eyes widened. 

She literally just got out a relationship and now this stranger comes in her life and offer her a thousand dollars to be their girlfriend? She would be an idiot to say no right? Suddenly images of Minho popped in her head as she shook them out.

No, he was not dating her anymore, they were practically strangers now. She wanted to start fresh right?...

"Fine." 

"Fine what?" he stared at her.

"Fine I'll be your girlfriend. Just for a month! And you said a thousand right?" she held out her hand.

"You said it." he grabbed it and kissed her hand as she blinked at him. 

"I didn't say you could do that." she pulled her hand away.

"Caramel macchiato please." 

"Huh?" Miso stared at him confused. He chuckled pointing to the screen "An order of caramel macchiato please baby." She came back to realization.

"Oh yeah." She grabbed a cup scribbling his order before stopping. "Don't call me that!" 


Whew, this chapter was a bit long but oh man what do you guys think?