The Truth

Let You Go

CHAPTER 9

 

 

A week has passed and everything is back to normal. Somi and Chaeyeon is happy as ever, Somi and Kyulkyung’s presentation was a success – thanks to their Sejeong unnie, Kyulkyung and Sejeong got their bestfriend status back, everything was great. And graduation is around the corner. Sejeong along with Nayoung, and Chaeyeon are graduating collage.

“So, Somi. Whose graduation you coming to?” Kyulkyung asked the younger girl. They’re the only two who’s left after that ‘hangout’ with Sejeong, Nayoung and Chaeyeon.

Yes, all of them became friends, unexpected isn’t it?

“Chaeyeon’s, of course. You can attend Sejeong and Nayoung unnie’s graduation.” She answered the older girl.

Kyulkyung was only able to nod and agree with the younger girl, she was quite – disappointed, I guess? Comfortable silence filled the room.

“Hey, Kyulkyung.”

“Mhmm?”

Somi hesitated for a second but realized her hesitation is useless, “Why’d you think Sejeong unnie came back?”

“I wanted to tell you guys everything. I wanted Somi back, I can’t live without her, but she’s with someone now, I can’t tear them apart.” Sejeong’s words echoed in Kyulkyung’s head.

 

She wanted you back.’

 

“I don’t know.” Kyulkyung shrugged and looked away, staring at the ceiling like it was the most beautiful artwork she had ever seen.

The younger girl hummed, “I wonder why.”

Somi decided to stay at Kyulkyung’s place for tonight. She missed having her around, although they were always together for the presentation they didn’t really had the chance to talk or have fun.

“Want to watch something?” Somi asked before taking a bite of her pocky.

Kyulkyung nodded and inserted the DVD for “The Notebook” in her DVD player.

Who the hell still uses DVD player? Oh right - Kyulkyung.

“How old are you? 69?” The younger girl .

Kyulkyung rolled her eyes; she didn’t even try to rebuttal she knew she would lose. I mean how can you win an argument against a DVD player? It’s freaking 2021, “Whatever, dude.”

“Oldie.” She teased once again. She kept teasing, but when the movie started they both fell silent. Movies seem to be the only thing that can shut them up.

They are half done with the movie when suddenly the doorbell rang.

Kyulkyung stood up, “Wait, I’ll just check on it.” She uttered before leaving the younger girl. She looked at the peep hole and her face instantly lit up. She opened the door and gave the older girl a warm hug.

“Sejeong unnie, what brings you here?” She asked smiling like an idiot.

Sejeong smiled back, “Being in a lonely place is quite lonely.”

“Well, duh.” She grabbed Sejeong’s wrist and dragged her to the living room where the Somi is. Sejeong and Somi are clearly shock to see each other, Kyulkyung only managed to smirk at the sight.

“Somi-ah.”

“Sejeong unnie.”

The two stared at each other. Sparks – sparks everywhere. Just kidding, it was awkward.

Sejeong is first one to look away; she sat beside Somi, “I thought you already went home?” She was obviously trying her best not to make the situation more awkward than it already is.

“I decided to stay here; I wanted to be with Kyulkyung.” Paused, she looked at Sejeong who’s staring at the tv, “What brought you here?”

“Same reason. I wanted to hang out with Kyulkyung.” She answered.

Kyulkyung dropped a whole bag of pocky in front of them, “Snack, I’ll be going to bed. I have a date with Nayoung tomorrow.”

“Nayoung’s lucky.” Sejeong said, she shifted her gaze to the pocky to Kyulkyung, “Dating someone hot like you? Lucky bastard.” She uttered before winking at her.

‘ert.’ Somi thought.

“Don’t be jealous, unnie.” She traced Sejeong’s neck and stopping her finger on ger chin, “You always got me," the Chinese girl uttered.

Somi flushed and threw a pillow at them, making Kyulkyung take a step back, “Yah, don’t taint my innocent eyes.”

Kyulkyung laughed and so did Sejeong, “Whatever, Somisom.” The Chinese girl said, “Anyways I’m going to bed, enjoy.” Then she walked inside her room.

“So much for hanging out.” Sejoeng uttered.

“Yeah..”

Somi sighed at the sudden silence. She wanted to get up and just go to bed but something’s telling her to stay. She looked at Sejeong trying to start a conversation. Sejeong was staring at something – she doesn’t know if it’s the tv or wall, her hand on her chin – where Kyulkyung touched her last.

 

‘She wanted it huh? Freaking ert.’

 

‘She’s dating Nayoung unnie, why would she do that?’

 

Sejeong gently flicked Somi’s forehead, when she saw the younger girl zoning out.

She rubbed the affected area, “What was that for?” Her brows furrowed.

Sejeong shrugged and then gave her attention back to the tv. Somi groaned in annoyance, she grabbed another pack of pocky and started eating her frustration away.

The movie ended, credits rolling on the screen, “Chill with the pocky, damn.” Sejeong uttered, “I wanted to eat one too, you know. But there’s nothing left.”

Somi looked at the table in front of them – there’s only pocky boxes left, “Oh..” was the only word she managed to say.

She fidgeted the plastic she was holding to see if there’s still one left – nothing. The only pocky remaining is the one between her teeth. Somi looked at Sejeong and swallowed a huge lump of her saliva when she saw Sejeong looking at her.

Somi was about to take the pocky between her teeth when suddenly Sejeong stopped her, “This is fine.” Sejeong uttered before moving close to the younger girl.

Sejeong took the end of the pocky between her teeth. Somi’s heart started to go crazy, she wanted to back out, but her heart is telling her not to.

Sejeong takes a bite and looked at the girl whose face color is red. She took a bigger bite. She kept nibbling on the pocky unil their faces was only a few centimeters apart. The younger girl closed her eyes tightly, Sejeong took that opportunity in one little nibble her lips was pressed against the younger girl’s lips.

It was a gently press, not to hard but not soft either. Sejeong’s heart flustered as she felt like her lips found their way back home.

‘She’s with Chaeyeon.’

Sejeong snapped back to reality, she pushed Somi away, and looked down,”I’m sorry, I- I shouldn’t have- mhmm-“

Somi pulled Sejeong by her shirt and crashed her lips to the older girl. Sejeong evidently shocked by the sudden change. Slowly her mind adjusted and her arms found its way to Somi’s waist – pulling her closer.

This is where her lips belong to, where her arms belong to, where her heart belongs to, where she belongs to – she belongs to someone she can’t have, she belongs to someone who belongs to someone else.

Sejeong bit Somi’s lower lip asking her to open , the younger girl followed. Their tongue battled for dominance, the older girl worked her hand beneath the younger girl’s sweater, Somi jerked up by the sudden skinsip. She pushed Sejeong away – her hands ached when she did. Fear and shocked written all over the Canadian’s face.

She got up even though her knees are giving in, but she forced herself to stand up. This time she was the one who’s walking away.

[A LOT OF POV CHANGES HERE, DON’T GET TOO CONFUSED]

Somi slammed the door behind her, her knees finally gave in. What is this is? Déjà vu? She felt like this happened before.

 

‘Why did I do that?’

 

She covered her face, threatening the tears that wanted to fall out, “Damn it, why?” She uttered for the 199th time.

-

Sejeong stared at the back of Somi – watching her walk away. When Somi slammed the door a tear dropped. Maybe she was hoping that she would turn around and run back in her arms.

 

‘Why did you do that?’

 

She couldn’t control her emotions anymore, she managed to control it but when Somi comes in the equation it’s impossible for her. Her eyes dripped with tears, her walls – the walls that hold her up, made her stronger for the past year it just… collapsed. Somi is Sejeong’s trigger. She’s now a crying mess, her heart aches, it wants her, its shouting her name, and it needs her.

-

Somi needs to know why. Why she left her, she needs to know. Her thirst for an explanation is unbelievable. But she’s scared. What if Sejeong left because she truly doesn’t love her anymore? She doesn’t want to hear that, but she needs to hear the truth right? She’s not prepared to get hurt.. again. What Sejeong said and did in the past was enough to traumatize her.

 

‘I need to know.’

 

‘You’ll get hurt.’

 

‘I already did, the moment I pushed her away.’

 

She stood up holding the door knob for support. She felt weak.

 

‘Damn it, listen to me, body.’

 

She opened the door and slowly walked to living hoping to see the older girl there. What she saw next broke her heart into millions of pieces.

Sejeong’s head is buried in her knees, both her hands on her nape, she hears Sejeong’s sobs and it honestly made her felt so weak.  She looked so fragile. She walked closer to her; she doesn’t even hesitate to take the older girl in her arms.

Sejeong jerked her head up, surprised by the sudden arms that wrapped around her, she gave Sejeong a warm smile when their eyes met. Her eyes still streaming with tears, she wiped it away with her thumb. Sejeong immediately looked away; she didn’t have anything to look at so she just buried her face back in her knees again.

Somi felt like Sejeong is melting in her arms. She’s so fragile right now, how did she walk away from something so fragile?

The room fell silent, “I’m sorry,” Sejeong looked up meeting Somi’s warm gaze, “For leaving.”

“Why?” Somi asked, “Why did you.. suddenly leave? Without saying anything?”

“I.. I didn’t want to leave.” She answered the younger girl.

‘You didn’t do anything. I just don’t love you anymore.” Sejeong’s word popped inside her head, that two sentence, ten words never left her alone, it kept on haunting her.

Somi stood up. She didn’t want to leave? Who was she kidding?

“Then why?” Anger found in Somi’s voice, “Why? Why did you break up with me then suddenly freaking leave? Not even telling me or Kyulkyung.” As much as she tried to hold it in, the pain came out like the tears the she was holding on since earlier, the pearl shaped of water started falling down one after another, without a sign of stopping. “Why did you leave me?”

“Why did you leave? I.. needed you, I was so.. broken.” Somi managed to say between her sobs. Sejeong only managed to look down unable to look at the heart-breaking scene in front of her.

“Why did you leave me?” The younger girl grabbed Sejeong’s wrist, but when she opened her eyes Sejeong was on top of her, her hands caging the Canadian in both sides on the couch.

“Because I love you.”

Somi’s pushed the older girl away but Sejeong didn’t move, “I loved you so much that I left.”

“I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.” Anger found in her voice, “You left because you love me? How does that make sense?”

“I did it for you.. and Kyulkyung.” Sejeong uttered, her voice sounds so sad.

Somi didn’t react or commented, she just wanted an answer, that’s it.

“My father hit me where it hurt the most..” She paused and looked Somi straight into her eyes, “You’re my weakness. He threatened me; he would hurt your family and Kyulkyung if I didn’t leave to America.. No he wouldn’t just hurt your family he would also make you suffer.. and knowing him, he can easily do that.” A tear rolled down her eyes dripping on Somi’s cheek, “I can’t possibly watch you suffer, can I?”

Sejoeng planted a soft kiss on her forehead, “I loved you enough to let you go.”

-

yasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss slay bb. tbh, I still don't know who Somi should end up with LOLOLOL. Chaeyeon's POV next chapter <3