Blocked

Let You Go

CHAPTER 5~

 

 

“I don’t remember teaching you how to curse, my dear Somi.”

Sejeong sat 3 meters away from Somi; it was close – yet so far. Meeting your ex in detention room is probably the most unexpected meeting of all time. The room was filled with uncomfortable silence, freezing cold air even though it was spring. No one dared to speak – Somi didn’t dare to speak.

“You haven’t seen me in a year and this is how you greet me?” Her voice didn’t change at all, it’s still cold, but this time Sejeong’s gaze was fixed on the “No Cellphone” sign.

Somi flinched, her blood boiled, “The do you want me to do? Hug and kiss you? Tell you how much I missed you? Or do you want me to beg for you to come back to me?”

Sejeong turned her head – looking at Somi, but the younger girl was busy staring at the small crack on the floor.

“That would be nice.” Sejeong’s answered making Somi pivot her head to Sejeong’s direction and furrowed her brows. A smirk was painted on Sejeong’s face, but that smirk slowly turned to a small smile, “But a simple conversation is also fine.”

Somi looked away, avoiding her ex’s gaze. “We have nothing to talk about,” She said – lied.

Millions of questions are running in Somi’s mind right now, but she can’t manage to ask – her pride holds her like a grudge.

“Why are you here?” Sejeong asked, ignoring Somi’s answer. Sejeong was quite shock to see Somi here; after all she was good girl, unlike Sejeong.

Sejeong, well she was a rebel, she was stubborn, heartless, a war freak, and all the negative traits you can think of. She doesn’t follow rules, pwe ‘rules’ does not exist in her dictionary. But even though she’s a complete douche she of course has a heart – a numb one. A heart that does not feel, does not pity, does not care, but one thing was fore sure, never in her life did she played with someone’s heart.

Somi didn’t answer Sejeong’s question, sticking to what she said ‘they have nothing to talk about’. The silence was intolerable for Sejeong, so she decided to answer her own question, “You didn’t pay attention, didn’t you.”

Somi didn’t answer once again, she wanted to, but at the same time she didn’t. Being prideful is a pain in the .

Sejeong gently taps on her table with an impatient rhythm, probably waiting for Somi’s answer.  But that tapping on wood didn’t really help lower the awkwardness that was filling – already filled the room.

“Silence means yes, I guess.” Sejeong uttered, her tapping sound replaced with a loud sigh, “What’s up with you? You used to be so unbearably rowdy.”

 

‘I still am, but not in front of you.’

 

“Just like the season, people change.” Somi uttered, making sure her voice doesn’t sound too bitter. But it was too late, it sounded bitter – so bitter.

Sejeong lets out a chuckle, “People change, indeed. But part of them still remains the same.” Awkward silence followed Sejeong’s statement, “and I’m guessing parts of you still remained the sa-“

Sejeong was cut off when the younger girl smashed her hand on the desk and pushed herself up her seat, “Why should you care?” Somi uttered, looking at Sejeong, feeling how the inner fire inside her ignites whenever she sees the older girl.

Somi swore she saw pain behind the older girl’s eyes, but it was instantly replaced by her cold dark gaze. Sejeong leaned on her chair, her gaze now fixed on the fan on the ceiling, “Yes, you’re right.” She uttered this time she’s looking at Somi her gaze empty and cold, “Why should I care?”

 

Her empty and cold gaze sent chill down Somi’s spine. It’s been forever since the last time she saw that gaze. She remembers how painful that gaze was – until now it was still undeniably painful. That gaze that showed no care, no love, no emotions, it only showed one thing – emptiness.

Somi hates that gaze and Sejeong knew that. She hates it so much; she was so used to Sejeong looking at her with love, and love only. Those eyes that used to stare at her lovingly are now staring at her with nothing at all.

 

The door suddenly opened, their gaze shifted to the man standing outside. “Jeon Somi, you may now leave. Be sure to pay attention in class next time.” And his gaze moved to Sejeong, he approached Sejeong and gave her something, which looked like a cellphone, “You may also go, don’t text during class. Detention on your first day? You should be ashamed of yourself.”

 

Sejeong grabbed her phone and smirked at who Somi thinks is the teacher that guards the detention room, “Thanks, but I can’t promise anything.” Sejeong uttered before quickly leaving the room.

 

--

 

“I’m waiting for your explanation.” Chaeyeon uttered, her arms crossed and one of her eyebrow raised.

Somi haven’t even stepped inside their apartment. She opened the door only to be greeted by her angry girlfriend.

Somi scratched her head, looking down , “My professor caught me day dreaming.” Somi pouted, acting cute so Chaeyeon would forgive her. It didn’t work though.

“Aish, why were you day dreaming in the middle of the class?” Chaeyeon asked again. Somi approached her girlfriend and pulled her for a hug.

“I just didn’t want to listen to Shakespeare’s quotes.”  She kissed Chaeyeon’s forehead, trying to calm her angry girlfriend down. Somi hears Chaeyeon sighed.

“I can’t with you.” Chaeyeon uttered.

A smile formed Somi’s lips, “You can’t stay mad, because you love me so much.” She used her aegyo voice.

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes and playfully hits Somi’s shoulder, “Yeah whatever, Som.”

 

Chaeyeon takes Somi’s hand and drags her to the dining room. Food was already prepared, “Eat up, you must be tired.” Chaeyeon uttered before letting go of Somi’s hand to get some plates.

 

‘Aish, how lucky can you be, Somi?’

 

--

 

Somi turned the page of the book to continue reading it. A yawn escaped while taking down notes; she looks at her cellphone to check what time is it. 1:54AM. it’s still early. 1 in the morning is still early, at a normal day, Somi sleeps at 4 in the morning, and she can feel that happening today, since she spent 3 hours of her time reading and taking down important notes, and she isn’t even half way done.

 

She decided to take a break. She drinks a glass of cold water, and sat on the couch, she took her phone out and decided to check her twitter. She hasn’t used Twitter in a while, so a lot of people unfollowed her, not the she cares at all.

She searched Sejeong’s username on Twitter but nothing came up, did she deactivate – ah, Somi blocked her. She goes to blocked users and unblocked Sejeong, she checked her profile and there was a tweet about 4 hours ago.

“I miss you more than words can say.” Was the tweet.

 

‘Oh, she’s in love now?’

 

After that tweet was a tweet 1 year ago, 12/16/20 the day before they broke up.

“At some point in your life you have to face your fears.”

She never saw this tweet, well that’s because she immediately blocked Sejeong in all of her social media account – childish, she knows.

She decided to continue studying. Stalking her ex will probably do more harm to her than good. She was trying to focus hard – so hard that she didn’t even realize she was clenching her teeth and squeezing her highlighter.

 

‘What?’

 

She relaxed her tensed muscle. She suddenly lost interest on studying; she didn’t feel like reading and writing anymore.  She is mad. Reason? Heck she doesn’t even know herself. She feels like her heart and mind are in a battle, but she doesn’t know what’s they’re fighting about, she’s confused – very confused.

She needs someone to talk to right now, but she has no one. Her Chaeyeon is sleeping, and probably tired, Kyulkyung is probably studying her brains out, or with Nayoung.  So instead of talking to someone she decided to just go to sleep, and forget that she even ‘stalked’ her ex.

Opening their bedroom door slowly making sure not to make too much sound that can wake Chaeyeon up. She sits on her side of the bed, throwing a quick glance at her sleeping beauty. She tucks a strand of hair behind Chaeyeon’s ear, and leaned giving Chaeyeon a kiss on the forehead.

 

‘This is right. My heart only belongs to Chaeyeon.’ Was the last thing she taught of before drifting to sleep.

----