Mhmm

Let You Go

CHAPTER 10

Chaeyeon's POV

 

 

Chaeyeon already left Kyulkyung's apartment, she's not with Somi for her girlfriend decided to stay there since she wanted to hang out with Kyulkyung more. Chaeyeon being the understanding girlfriend, of course she agreed.

She hopped in her car and sees Nayoung and Sejeong walking together, so she decided to asked them if they wanted a ride home.

She stopped her car in the street and rolled her window down, "Hey, want a ride home?" She asked the two girls.

Sejeong and Nayoung both looked at each other. Sejeong said something and smiled, she waved at Chaeyeon before walking off. Nayoung approached and got in the car.

"Sejeong isn't coming?" Chaeyeon asked.

Nayoung fastened her seatbelt, "Yeah, she told me she's going somewhere."

Chaeyeon hummed and rolled her window up. She started driving, no one talked. Chaeyeon had to admit it was pretty awkward.

"Have you known Sejeong for a long time?" Chaeyeon asked - breaking the silence.

"I guess? I've known her ever since Kyulkyung and I started talking."

Chaeyeon looked at Nayoung signaling her to continue,

"Kyulkyung always told me stories about Sejeong. She would tell me about how great she is, how she funny she is, how she can be erted sometimes. Things like that, it was starting to annoy me until I met Sejeong myself."

"She's great." Chaeyeon and Nayoung both said in unison.

That made the two chuckle.

 

F L A S H    B A C K

 

"Because she’s a gem, and gems are precious and valuable; you wouldn’t want to lose one, don’t you?” Sejeong uttered.

“Yeah, I know that but that doesn’t fully answer my question. Why are you telling me this?” Chaeyeon asked.

A sigh slipped out Sejeong’s lips, “Because Somi used to be mine.. but I lost her.” She bluntly answered, not wanting to beat around the bush any longer.

Chaeyeon felt her heart stopped for a second and she finds herself looking at the younger girl, she wanted to ask why they broke up but her instinct told her otherwise. She thought why though. Maybe she was scared of the possible answer or maybe she was just drunk and tired and she had no energy left to ask.

Sejeong was just driving her eyes never leaving the rode, the car stopped in front of a building where Chaeyeon along with Somi lived.

“Do I need to take you to your room also?” Sejeong asked, she was teasing Chaeyeon.

The older girl furrowed her eyebrows but she just laughed it off and smirked at the younger girl,

“I’m no kid, but can I invite you in? Maybe have a couple drinks and just you know, talk about life?” Chaeyeon asked, she tried her best to not sound drunk – she failed.

Sejeong got out of the car and so did Chaeyeon.

“Maybe you should skip the “have a couple of drinks” part.” Sejeong again.

Chaeyeon smirked, “I told you: I’m no kid.”

“Whatever.” Sejeong rolled her eyes before laughing at the drunken Chaeyeon.

They walked in the building and took the elevator. Sejeong just teased Chaeyeon about how horrible she looked and she shouldn’t drink anymore alcohol ever.

They got in Chaeyeon’s abode and immediately Chaeyeon goes to the kitchen to grab some alcohol, she throws a bottle of a surprisingly decent priced beer to Sejeong who thanks to her fast reflex – caught it.

“Nice catch.” Chaeyeon complimented Sejeong.

“Thanks.” She smirked before opening the beer and taking a small sip of it, “I haven’t had a decent beer in a while. You know how to live, Chaeyeon.”

She sat down beside the younger girl, “The hell? Are you broke or something?” She laughed at Sejeong.

Sejeong laughed, “Do I look broke to you?”

“Kinda.” Chaeyeon jokingly answered.

Hell no, Sejeong doesn’t look broke. By the clothes she’s currently wearing you can already tell she’s filthy rich.

“Drinking a pricy beer alone is depressing, don’t you think?” Sejeong cooed before taking another sip.

The older girl held her beer high, “Touché” She took a sip before uttering, “That’s why I saved these beers and waited for someone to drink with me.”

Sejeong groaned, “For a second I thought you were rich.”

“Shut up,” Chaeyeon hissed, before laughing. The room was filled with teasing and laughter it stayed like that for another hour until slowly the pricy beers turned into an empty can.

“Hey HIK, why did you and Somi broke up?” Chaeyeon asked – the alcohol was doing most of the talking.

Sejeong played with her half-empty can of beer, thinking if she should answer Somi’s CURRENT girlfriend’s question.

“You don’t have to answer if you don’t wanna-“

“I don’t think I can answer your question even if I wanted to.” Sejeong whispered but it was enough for Chaeyeon to hear.

“Hey, you keep asking me questions, let me ask you something.” Sejeong said.

“I’m listening, baby.” Like I said, alcohol was doing most of the talking.

Sejoeng chuckled at the sh1tty endearment, “Can you let Somi go?”

Chaeyeon almost choked on her drink when the younger girl asked her that, “W-what?”

Sejeong hit Chaeyeon’s arm gently, “Nooo, you got the question wrong.  I’m asking you, not telling you to let her go, don’t be stupid.”

“Ohhh,” She laughed and leaned back on the couch and started to think of an answer, “I’ll probably die if I did that.” Chaeyeon jokingly said but part of her is dead serious.

Sejeong looked at her, but Chaeyeon’s gaze was fixed on the ceiling, “But if that means that she’ll be happy and safe, then, yes, I can let her go.”

The younger girl hummed in satisfaction, maybe because both are willing to do the same, the only difference is Sejeong already let Somi go.

Both fell silent when suddenly Sejeong’s phone rang,

“Hello? Kyulkyung? Yeah, I’m with Chaeyon. Nah, I won’t be coming back, maybe some other day. K, bye.”

She put her phone back in her pocket and looked at Chaeyeon, “Hey I’ll be leaving now, I don’t think I’m supposed to stay here for this long.” She got up and head to the door.

“I had a great time.” Sejeong cooed and smiled.

“Me too.” Chaeyeon also smiled.

When Sejeong left and the door finally clicked, a sigh escaped Chaeyeon’s lips. She looked at her wrist watch, 5:45AM.

Thank God it was Saturday, or else she would’ve been dead meat. She lay in her sofa, and fell asleep waiting for Kyulkyung’s phone call.

She was woken up by someone who was shaking her gently, she rubbed her eyes but everything just wouldn’t focus.

“Chaeyeon-ah.” A familiar sweet voice called her.

Her eyes shot open when she heard her voice, she didn’t waste any more time, she took Somi in her arms and hugged her tight – like her whole life depended on it, which is fact.

“Somi-ah.. Forgive me please? I- I didn’t mean any of the things I said.. b-believe me.” She uttered, her tears on the verge of falling; she ignored the painful headache that assaulted her.

Somi ran her fingers through Chaeyeon’s hair trying to calm down the sobbing mess in front of her, “Shh, it’s okay, don’t cry..”

Chaeyeon’s grip of Somi got tighter when Somi’s comforting words replayed in her mind. She was only able to say “I’m sorry,” repeatedly while crying and hugging her girlfriend in her arms.

 

E N D   O F   F L A S H B A C K

 

"How about you? You two being friends is quite shocking.." Nayoung bluntly said.

"Shocking? Why is that?" Chaeyeon asked, confused.

"You know."

Chaeyeon was quick to catch up, she giggled, "Because she's Somi's ex? Yeah, no, we're mature enough to sort things out."

"That's good then, but if I were you I'll still be careful." Nayoung uttered, making the younger girl look at her with confusion.

The car stopped in front of Nayoung's apartment, Nayoung got up and uttered,

"Somi can fall in love with Sejeong again, it’s not impossible." Before shutting the car's door.

Her eyes followed Nayoung until she walked inside the building.

‘Somi can fall in love with Sejeong again? What does she mean?'

‘Pftt, what does it mean? Are you serious Chaeyeon? You freaking noticed already, stop acting stupid, damn it.’

There goes her brain and heart fighting again. But what’s new? They always fight, ever since Sejeong came in.

Chaeyeon loves Somi, that’s fact. But her eyes don’t deceive her. She notices the slightest thing about Somi. Like how her eyes would open wide when Sejeong is mentioned, how she stutters when the older girl talked to her, how she tries to avoid the older girl with all her might.

She noticed all of that and she just wishes that she doesn’t notice all of that. Because truth be told, it hurts.

Sejeong loves Somi, she can see it in her eyes. She wasn’t that stupid to not notice that. For the past week she tried her best to ignore all of that, but for every day that passes by it’s getting harder and harder, her grip of Somi is getting looser and looser, she’s getting more tired.

If you love someone learn to fight for them and let them go, right? That’s what she’s currently doing, fighting for Somi but if the time comes and she needs to let her go, she will. But she never wishes that time to ever come, she’s selfish – but aren’t we all?

“All I need to do is sit back and wait for you tell me what to do. Tell me to fight for you, and then I will. Tell me to let you go, and then I will.”

-

So Somi who you going to choose? Somi better not disappoint the readers. xD. And yeah, I didn't update for a long time, I'M SORRY, I just have been really lazy and my writer's block is really kicking in, hard.. I can't fight it.