Three Magical Words (Last Chapter)

Let You Go

CHAPTER 14~

 

 

"Sejeong is leaving."

Like a broken record the voice of Chaeyeon echoed inside Somi's head, leaving open and her skin pale.

"W-What?" she replies, "You’re kidding right?"

Chaeyeon looked straight into her eyes before saying: "I am very much serious."

The younger girl felt this familiar pain shoot across her chest. How can three words cause so much pain? It's unbelievable and she knows that.

"You need to listen to me," Chaeyeon placed her hand on Somi's shoulder, "Sejeong is leaving in a hour, but if you're lucky enough then she might still be in her apartment."

Somi looked down, "I don't think I'll make it."

Chaeyeon placed her index finger on her chin and lifted her face up, "Do you want to lose Sejeong, again?"

She shakes her head, "N-no."

The older girl smiled, "Then I'm taking you to her apartment."

"B-but-"

"No buts, we are going," Chaeyeon cuts her off.

She grabbed Somi's wrist and dragged her out of the room. Nayoung and Kyulkyung were outside the room and were confused when Chaeyeon and Somi sprinted pass them.

They got in Chaeyeon's car and with such speed Chaeyeon drove off.

Somi looked at Chaeyeon and smiled unknowingly.

"Thank you," She uttered.

The latter looked at Somi before looking back at the road.

"For?"

"For everything," she replies, "I'm grateful to have met someone like you."

A smile slowly started to creep on Chaeyeon's face,"No problem."

The whole ride to Sejeong's apartment was quiet, but it was comfortable. Once they were in front of Sejeong's apartment, Somi didn't waste anymore time, she bolted out the car and ran inside the building.

There weren't anymore available elevators, and she didn't have the patience to wait.

 

'Screw it, I'm taking the stairs.'

 

So she did. But the only problem is that Sejeong's room is on the 12th floor.

But she didn't care; her legs ran as fast as they could. She ran and ran and never stopping. Almost like someone was chasing her, but in reality she's just scared.

Scared of losing her - again. She won't let it pass this time. Not again, not when Sejeong is her loose grasp slowly slipping away.

"Don't leave," She begged to the wind.

After minutes of running. She finally was in front of her unnie's apartment. With her shaking hands she pressed the doorbell.

The first bell came.

"I don't need you anymore!" Her own words echoed inside her head.

Second bell.

"Why did you come back?!" Again, her words echoed in her mind.

Third, still nothing.

"Just leave. Leave and never come back."

Her eyes were starting to water when the thought of Sejeong leaving crossed her mind.

Every part of her soul was becoming slowly tainted by guilt and regret. She knows she had done something awful, and she also knows that her words and actions can never be un-do. But she'd rather live with painful regrets than live a life without Sejeong by her side.

She was on the edge of breaking down when suddenly the door opened.

Revealing  Sejeong. Her eyes was red and puffy, her hair is all ruffled up, she looked like a complete mess, but to Somi's eyes she was nothing but beautiful.

"Sejeong!" Somi then ran into Sejeong.

The older girl was obviously shock, but she still wrapped her arms around the taller girl.

"Don't leave," she begs, "please don't leave me all alone."

"I'm so tired of acting like I'm fine, I-I'm so tired of loving someone that isn't you, I tried but I'm so tired," Her hands clutching her shirt, and her shoulder shaking in grief.

"What are-"

"Please don't leave me alone, not again."

Sejeong gently pushed the younger girl, but her hands was still on Somi's shoulder.

"What are you talking about?" Sejeong asked, confusion can be found in her voice.

Somi stared into her gray eyes, but she soon shifted her gaze at the floor, "Chaeyeon told me you're leaving.."

Sejeong chuckled and lifted the younger girl's head up, "I'm not leaving,” She uttered before wiping her tears away.

"W-what?" But Chaeyeon-"

"She got you good," Sejeong clicked her tongue and winked.

Somi furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, and slowly everything processed in her brain.

"Ughhh, Chaeyeon!" She uttered, irritated.

Sejeong pulled the younger girl back in her embrace when Somi was about to get Chaeyeon back, she then uttered: "I missed hugging you."

Somi was obviously startled by Sejeong's sudden action and words, but nevertheless she still lets her hug her.

"Me too," Somi replies.

"I'm sorry for saying mean things to you. I-I just didn't know what to think."

The older girl runs her fingers in her hair causing the younger girl to snuggle closer.

"Its fine, I'll take all of that if that means I can still hold you in my arms.”

"And I'm sorry also," Sejeong uttered, "for leaving, and letting you endure all the pain I had cause."

"I do not care about that," Somi answers back almost instantly, "you came back, and that's all that matters. You know I'll always be waiting for you, no matter how many millenniums would pass."

Somi smiled between Sejeong's neck and shoulders.

Sejeong hugged Somi tighter before uttering: "I love you."

The taller girl's heart skips a beat when Sejeong uttered those three magical words.

 

Those are the three words that she had been dying to hear. She had endured days, weeks, and even months without hearing those words from her. And it felt good to finally hear it from Sejeong herself.

If those three words earlier broke her to pieces, then these magical three words is surely enough to mend her back to sanity.

"I love you too," she replies.

The two girls jumped in fear when suddenly someone coughed. Their arms disconnected, and they immediately looked back to see who it was.

"Single people couldn't relate," Chaeyeon uttered with a smirk on her face.

"I'm not single! I have Nayoungiee," Kyulkyung spoke before holding Nayoung's hand tightly.

Nayoung smiled and wrapped her arm around Kyulkyung's waist.

"Why the hell are you guys here?" Somi asked, confused.

Kyulkyung shrugged and smirked, "Just to see if our plan worked," she then looked at the youngest who was blushing madly, "You know I'll always be waiting for you, no matter how many millennium would pass," Kyulkyung imitated Somi.

"Yahh!" Somi hits Kyulkyung's shoulder who was laughing hysterically.

"This was all planned out? You told Somi I was leaving?" Sejeong asks, "That’s so cruel."

"But it worked, didn't it?" Chaeyeon nudge Sejeong's shoulder.

She smirked and nodded, "I didn't know my friends could be so smart."

Nayoung raised her other hand since her right hand was holding Kyulkyung.

"I made the plan, so I'm the smartest right?" The oldest playfully asked.

"I'm the best actor," Chaeyeon uttered, "don't even try to disagree."

All friends agreed by force. After a few more minutes of chatting, the three finally left Sejeong and Somi all alone.

*Click*

That was the sound of door closing. When the two was left alone Somi immediately pushed Sejeong on the wall and almost instantly their lips connected.

The older girl smirked between kisses and in one blink of an eye Somi was swept off her feet.

Somi's legs were wrapped around Sejeong's waist. The older girl carried the younger girl to her bedroom, and lay her down on the bed gently.

Sejeong then kissed her forehead lovingly, before staring down at her "I missed this," she spoke softly.

The younger girl grabbed her unnie's shirt and pulled her in for a long kiss, and passionate kiss, "I missed you."

 

--

 

*5 days later.*

It's graduation day for Sejeong, Chaeyeon, and Nayoung.

When Sejeong and Nayoung finally came down from the stage their two girlfriends greeted them with huge smiles.

"Congratulations, unnies!" Both Somi and Kyulkyung said.

Sejeong and Nayoung raised their diplomas up and smiled at their girlfriends.

The four went in for a long group hug but was separated when Mr. Kim 'disturbed' them.

"Sejeong," Mr. Kim called her daughter with his arms open wide.

Sejeong didn't hesitate to run in her father's embrace.

"I'm so proud of you, Sejeong-ah."

Sejeong smiled, "Thank you!"

The three girls smiled at the sweet father-daughter interaction.

Mr. Kim lets go of her daughter before uttering: "Go on, Chaeyeon's graduation is about to start."

Sejeong looked at the three girls and signals them to hurry up. They sprinted out the school with huge grins plastered on their and into Sejeong's car.

"Sejeong, hurry!" Kyulkyung yelled when she couldn't find the right key for her car.

Sejeong sighed in relief when she finally used the right key, she then drove to Chaeyeon's university as fast as she could.

"Kyulkyung, Nayoung, Somi go on, I need to park my car," she uttered.

The three girls went out and Sejeong was left alone to park her car. Once she was successful she got out and forced her way in the school, since there were a lot of parents, students in there.

Her eyes scanned the campus for the girls.

 

'There they are.'

 

She approached the three girls who was looking around for Chaeyeon, but soon their attention was stolen when Chaeyeon's name was mentioned.

"Now, let's call on the valedictorian of batch 2019-2020, give it up for Chaeyeon!"

The 4 clapped their hands super hard, they honestly looked like some retarted seals.

They waved their hands to get Chaeyeon's attention since they were way back in the campus. Once Chaeyeon's eyes landed on them she gave them a thumb up.

"Goodafternoon, President ××××, Chancellor ××××, Dean ××××, distinguished professors, dear loved ones, fellow graduates, and my fellow doctors: -"

(i'm lazy, i didn't want to make an actual speech, lmao)

Chaeyeon's speech was beautiful it left tears in some people's eyes, and the included both maknaes. Sejeong didn't cry but she was touched. Both Nayoung and Sejeong were smiling throughout the whole speech.

Chaeyeon finally left the stage, and the four immediately went after her. They forced themselves in the tight crowd uttering a few "Excuse me, and sorry."

Once they reached their destination, they were surprised to see Chaeyeon talking to this new girl.

"Someone isn't telling us something~" Kyulkyung said in a teasing tone.

Chaeyeon looked at them and smiled, "You guys made it!"

Sejeong playfully rolled her eyes, "What did you expect?"

"Sejeong unnie didn't even change just for you." Somi chuckled.

"Aww, Sejeong loves me so much," Chaeyeon uttered.

The other girl acted like she was grossed out.

"Oh by the way!" Chaeyeon grabbed all of their attention, "this is Yuju, Yuju this are my friends."

Yuju shyly smiled at the four before bowing her head.

"Uhm, hey. I'm Yuju, it's nice to meet you."

Kyulkyung was the first to introduce out of the four.

"I'm Kyulkyung! You're so beautiful, let's be friends!" She then shakes Yuju's hand vigorously.

Chaeyeon playfully shoved Kyulkyung  away, "Okay, who's next?"

"I'm Sejeong, it's nice to meet you."

"Nayoung."

"I'm Somi!"

Yuju squinted her eyes when Somi introduced herself.

"Omo! You're the girl last Friday!" Yuju spoke before bowing down her head, "I'm sorry if I had cause such catastrophe."

Somi shakes her hand and tells Yuju to raise her head.

"It's fine, really!"

"B-but you're Chaeyeon's girlfriend-"

Yuju was cut off when suddenly Sejeong wrapped her arms around Somi and pulled her close.

"She's my girlfriend, Yuju." Sejeong said with a smile on her face.

Chaeyeon wrapped her arms around Yuju's shoulder before saying: "It's a long story, I'll tell you later. But first, let's eat?"

"I made an appointment at this really good barbeque place!" Sejeong said.

Nayoung shifted her gaze to Yuju, "Come with us, what do you say?"

She looked at Chaeyeon and the others to ask if it's fine with them, and all five nodded and smile at her.

"Come on, Yuju. This ostrich is hungry!" Kyulkyung pouted.

Yuju smiled and nodded.

All six of them started to walk out of the school, but Somi and Sejeong didn't walk in the phase as the others. They walked slowly, their hands intertwined, and their hearts both beating in synch. They seemed to forget about their friends, for the only thing in their mind was each other.

They both looked at each other at the same time, and smiled knowingly.

"I love you." Sejeong mouthed.

"I love you too." Somi replied.

 

Learn to let go of something, if it comes back to you, then it's yours forever.

-

OK SO I CAN EXPLAIN. First, excuse this chapter. I wasn't able to save the original chapter so I had to WRITE it all over again, so me being the lazy human being I am. Didn't really put any effort to this because, dude I'm so tired xD, I spent hours writing the original chapter and it went to WASTE. LITERALLY. So please just try to enjoy this chapter :<