One

This ain't no Ordinary Romance, 'cause we ain't no Ordinary People
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol tossed a beer can towards his roommate then took a swing from his own and continued strumming his guitar. 

"Dude, shouldn't you be on Mars or something right now?" Jongin was genuinely surprised to find his hyperactive roommate in their room at this hour on a weekend. 

"Was almost there but then I got called back midway...." the taller replied nonchalantly, putting his guitar aside,"....only to be dumped." He took another swing from his can. 

Jongin chuckled, settling himself on his bed bringing an arm up to sheild his face from all the light filling his room. He knew all that too well. About Kyungsoo breaking up with Chanyeol. "If it helps, I just broke up too." Jongin mumbled more to himself than to him roommate. 

Chanyeol couldn't see Jongin's face but the rest of him seemed fine so he left it at that.

Jongin heard some shuffling from the other bed and the clink of Chanyeol's empty beer can hitting the bin. After almost three years of living togther, they didn't need to exchange words for them to know what the other needs. Sleep. Jongin needed some sleep. That's how he functioned after any stressful event. Curtains were being closed and lights switched off. Jongin knew he wouldn't be seeing his roommate anymore today as the door shut behind a set of footsteps exiting their room. 

 

 

"I must have gotten off the right side of my bed this morning for me to be welcomed by our very own lead vocalist, Byun Baekhyun's angelic voice at this hour of the day." Kyungsoo dramatically teased his roommate who was sitting cross-legged on his bed mindlessly humming a tune to himself.

"Indeed." Baekhyun winked at Kyungsoo, his hair lightly falling on his forehead as he peeped innocently through his soft silver bangs. Light from the window next to his bed softly illuminated his features. His plump rosy lips and glistening white skin that complimented his hair perfectly.

No wonder everyone wants a piece of you. "Will you be here for a while?" Maybe Kyungsoo could talk to Baekhyun. The silver haired boy had been in and out of relationships enough number of times in the past three years of them being roommates, to be able to help Kyungsoo do something about his feelings.

"Just take naps and eat something sweet every now and then." Baekhyun spoke nonchalantly, as usual.

Kyungsoo stood wide-eyed and dumfounded. How does he know? He doesn't remember mentioning anything about his life's recent events to his roommate lately and he's sure his face couldn't give anything away because he was Do Kyungsoo. The Eternally Stoic Do Kyungsoo. 

"The door isn't exactly sound proof", he said vaguely gesturing towards their main door as if he had read Kyungsoo's mind. Again.

The doe-eyed man realized that Baekhyun had overheard Kai and Kyungsoo's little interaction a few moments ago, outside his room. He sounded as remorseful and guilt striken as he was when he started spluttering and apologizing to his roommate the next instant. "You know it wasn't my place to tell. I'm really sorry Baekhyun-"

Baekhyun waved his palm gesturing Kyungsoo to stop. He didn't like to watch his friend apologize for something that was almost a regular part of his routine by now. "I'm happy someone was there for Kai through it, Soo, because he sure as hell couldn't talk to me about it. So, if anything, let me thank you." 

Kyungsoo knew his roommate's smile was genuine and what Baekhyun said was true. Feeling relieved, he threw himself face-first on his bed, closing his eyes. So, sleeping helps hun? Sound like a plan! 

Meanwhile Baekhyun stuffed his bag with all that he needed for the rest of the day and quietly exited the room.

 

Hello! 

I am Kim Jongdae.

The narrator of the story you are about to read. 

This is the story of two of m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter