Four

This ain't no Ordinary Romance, 'cause we ain't no Ordinary People
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Note: The view of text and images has been designed for PCs hence, it might not be properly oriented and fonts might change if viewed in cellular devices. I apologise in advance for the discomfort.

 

 

A strange day in Park Chanyeol's Life.

 

The small metallic alarm clock on his desk read 9:47 PM. Chanyeol took off his watch and neatly placed it in it's box in his wardrobe. He had been out all day after he left the room in the morning for Jongin to get some sleep. Sehun was throwing a party that night to celebrate his recent daesang. Chanyeol was already late by over an hour and a half. So much for his impromptu decision to go skiing in one of his family resorts and getting stuck in a heavy traffic jam on his way back. He took his clothes off and dumped it in the laundry bag on his way to the bathroom. It was too troublesome to attend people's consistent knocks when Chanyeol was in the shower so he left the main door of their room slightly ajar in case anyone had any business to attend to in his room.

 

Warm water cascaded his skin washing off all the fatigue and weariness in his limbs. All the snow and dirt from earlier that day had made his hair quite sticky. He grabbed a bottle of shampoo and was about to squeeze a dallop on his palm when he heard the main door creak slightly as if someone tried to push it open but only by an inch or so. Usually people just push the door completely open, enter his room, do whatever they have to and leave. 

 

This was strange.

 

Maybe that's why Chanyeol could feel his pulse quicken.

 

It was the only logical explanation.

 

"Excuse me!"

 

Goosebumps? Chanyeol vigorously rubbed his arms. Had he been out in the snow for too long? Was he about to catch a cold or something? Chanyeol couldn't possibly know because he had never fallen sick before. But he was probably going to, tonight.

 

"I'm here to return Kai's watch. He asked me to leave it on his desk. I'll be gone right after. Sorry for the unexpected intrusion."

 

With every word the boy uttered Chanyeol felt his heart hammer against his chest louder and louder. Park Chanyeol had never experienced a moment in his life when his body felt like it was out of his control. But something was happening to him right now that he wasn't being able to figure out because the boy's voice was constantly distracting him.

 

"Is it alright if I come in?"

 

His mind was trying it's best to block the boy's voice. Chanyeol's hands involuntarily clutched the shower handle turning it up until water was spraying out of the shower plate in full force. All he could hear now was the sound of water violently battling against the tiled floor. He could think now. Chanyeol could faintly hear the boy's voice again but couldn't care less for his body was his main concern right now. His gaze dropped on his knuckles that were turning white brutally gripping the shower handle and shampoo bottle. He was trying hard to get a hold of himself when he heard the boy say something again. Then the main door creaked. This time for a longer duration. His hand impulsively turned the shower handle down for him to be able concentrate what was going on outside. 

 

Five steps.

 

A pause.

 

The sound of metal meeting a wooden surface.

 

One step.

 

A pause.

 

A couple of moments passed by with no sound but that of water softly running over the tiled floor and into the drain. Something stirred at the pit of his stomach as he waited. 

 

"Thankyou."

 

He jerked as the silence was broken without a warning. 

 

"Ill be leaving now, Chanyeol-sshi."

 

Chanyeol-ssi. His name had never sounded more alien and yet more beautiful to him. He wanted to hear it again. What the hell? Whatever was stirring at the pit of his stomach was about to explode. The illness. Flu virus. Whatever was wrong with him, it was all coming back. He squeezed his eyes shut. Get a grip, Park Chanyeol! He didn't know he had been abusing the shampoo bottle in his hand, until it exploded with a deafening noise, startling him. There was shampoo practically everywhere. And was that .... blood? Was Park Chanyeol bleeding? He had never had a cut before in his life! Correction. He had never been uncoordinated enough to injure himself ever before. He let out a loud grunt of confusion and turmoil. This was all too new to him. What in the name of God was happening to him?

But before he could gather his thoughts, there was a loud bang on the bathroom door. And then another and ........Dammit! there was no end to it. 

 

"Oh my god! Are you alright?"

 

The voice felt so pained and panicked that Chanyeol felt a baseless urge to reached out to the person on the other side and sooth him. The boy kept banging the bathroom door as if he was desperately trying to break it down. It must be hurting him unimaginably. Stop! I'm okay! Stop before you hurt yourself! He wanted to speak but his tongue remained hopelessly tied. This was baffling him!

In the midst of his inner turmoil his hand that was still clutching the shower handle, involuntarily let go of it and landed on the bathroom door with a loud thump that reverberated through the entire door.

A torturous silence followed.

Chanyeol didn't realize what he had done until it was done and there was no taking it back. He was panicking. He must have scared the crap out of  the boy for there was absolutely no reaction for several seconds until an unfamiliar notification alert broke the silence. Chanyeol once again found himself unconsciously focusing on what was going on on the other side of the door.

 

Some taps on the phone screen.

 

A pause.

 

Another beep.

 

A tap.

 

A  longer pause.

 

A short, strangled whine that seemed to have been caught in the boy's throat before it could make an escape.

 

Some shuffling.

 

Footsteps.

 

The main door, creaking.

 

The main door shutting with a loud bang.

 

.....

 

It took Chanyeol a few seconds to realize that he was all alone in his room once again. He felt a strange heaviness in his heart that was purposely ignored since he was tired of figuring out why his body suddenly decided to act up that night. He quickly washed his hair with Kai's shampoo. The cut on his left palm had already stopped bleeding. It was just a tiny scratch. He could buy necessary first aid to disinfect and seal the wound when he was on his way to Sehun's party. The ph

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter