Three

This ain't no Ordinary Romance, 'cause we ain't no Ordinary People
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Note: The view of text and images has been designed for PCs hence, it might not be properly oriented and fonts might change if viewed in cellular devices. I apologise in advance for the discomfort.

 

 

In our world, our spirits exist in pairs. We are half of a being. Together we make a whole. Everything we lack in our spiritual being, they possess and vice versa. Hence, we are each other’s ‘other halves’ and our union makes our existence complete.

We live countless lives making the possibilities of reincarnation, infinite. As our souls transcend from one life to another, the memories of our past lives are deliberately erased by our own consciousness to help us start afresh without any pain, guilt, regrets, resentments or sorrow. It is a choice we make before descending into our new bodies. Sometimes we might choose to remember if we have a purpose for it. Many of us do remember our past lives but there is no point in it really because you’d be stuck in a void where you won’t be able to let go of the past relationships and accept all the relationship you have been blessed with in this new life. Your parents, siblings or partners from your past lives might have passed away but if you keep their memories, despite of being blessed with new parents, siblings and other relations you will be holding on to people who might have already forgotten you and moved on with their new lives by then. No one wants to suffer that way. Life is meant for it’s experiences after all. 

But the problem with leaving all our memories behind is that we lose the memories of our soulmates which makes finding them in our new lives, a challenge. Unlike the popular belief that soulmates are naturally attracted to each other by the laws of the universe, we actually have to go through a lot of souls to be able to identify our destined mates. We might never be able to meet them in this life at all. There’s no guarantee. Many of us have spent several lives looking but to no avail. Firstly, we have absolutely no recollection of them and even if we did the chances of them resembling their past-life selves are slim. Secondly, it’s only a feeling after all. It's a feeling you feel on a soul level when you meet them. Since, overtime life makes us develop many subconscious fears and strong beliefs, it takes us quite a while to be able to trust that feeling. Sometimes, we are too late.

However, our world gives us many other opportunities. We might not be able to find our other halves but that does not mean we are cursed with a life of forlornness. There are many other people we meet in our lives who might not be our soulmates but might be quite close to them. We might not have all those parts to help complete each other but might have just enough for us to be able to form a harmonic union and live a joyous and peaceful life. That's what most of us settle for infact because very few of us ever have the privilege of meeting our destined mates.

But sometimes there are some people who are bonded with their soulmates stronger than the rest of us. Unfortunately, these people find it the hardest to be able to settle with anyone else because they have a strong emotion lingering inside a part of their being that they cannot give to anyone but to whom it was meant for in the first place. They are capable of loving whoever they choose to but incapable of falling in love with anyone else but their destined mates. One glance at my bestfriend and you'd know he's was one of them. But fortunately these people, despite all the hardships, are destined to meet their soulmates in every life because a bond that strong is bound to manifest itself and bring them together sooner than later. It was just a matter of when and how. 

 

 

I didn't have a plan to be honest. I had never done anything of this sorts before. 

All I had was an idea. And it revolved around two leads.

Park Chanyeol. Byun Baekhyun.

 

I spent my Saturday doing my research on the stranger who had made a blessed appearance into my life in the form Kyungsoo's ex boyfriend, that morning. Soon enough, I found out where I had heard his name before. Yixing had mentioned him when we were trying to find a good guitarist for our band earlier this year. Zhang Yixing was Kim Jongin's classmate and a close friend. That's how he learnt about Park Chanyeol. But the spot could only be filled by a student who auditioned officially and Park Chanyeol never showed up. Anyways, I went around casually enquring about him trying to keep a low profile and not cause a ruckus. Last thing you want is for people to think I was interested in Park Chanyeol. 

Maybe the odds were in my favour because it turned out that my roommate of three years, Luhan, who was an international student from China had been in a relationship with Park Chanyeol's childhood best friend and an incredibly famous personality in the Korean Entertainment Industry, Oh Sehun, since the last seven years. The more I leant about Chanyeol the more I began to realize that he had been was very closely linked to Baekhyun's life since quite a while. It was almost as if nature was asking me to continue whatever it was that I was doing and doors kept opening one by one, bringing me closer and closer to my goal. 

Luhan and I had developed a deep bond over the past few years. He was a mature and understanding by nature. One of those people in my life, I could have a heart-to-heart conversation with, without the fear of being judged. That night I shared my idea with him and he was more than ready to help me out because turns out just like Byun Baekhyun, Park Chanyeol had a lot of well wishers too. Chanyeol had helped Luhan through a rough patch in his life three years ago when he was separated from his now fiancée, then boyfriend, Oh Sehun. Separation from one's soulmate is something we wouldn't wish even for our gravest enemies. One is nothing more than a living corpse, after. It's better to not meet them than to do so and then lose them. The pain is unimaginable. Apparently, Sehun used to be a student of our college three years ago. Luhan and Sehun had planned their lives together since the day they first met, seven years ago. Chanyeol had accompanied his bestfriend and Luhan to this college. Everything was going fine for them until Sehun's father remarried. His new wife had a nineteen year old son. Within less than a week it was clear that Sehun and his step brother were not meant to be put under the same roof and had to be separated before it turned into a blood bath. His step mother began throwing tantrums and Sehun was sent to an Ivy League college in London the next week, whose tuition Luhan could have never been able to afford. Under the influence of his step mother, Sehun's father had purposely chosen a college that was nothing short of a military camp. It was guaranteed that Sehun would be unable to come back to Korea or contact anyone outside of London at least for the next four years until he graduated. One could only imagine the pain Sehun and Luhan would have gone through. But then it so happened that Sehun ran into a man in a cafe in the outskirts of the city when he was on his first college trip with his classmates. He claimed to be from a famous korean entertainment industry. He asked Sehun if he would like to be casted in an upcoming drama for a minor role. His travel expenses would be covered by the company. Sehun would've grasped any opportunity he was given to get back to Korea, it even if it was a scam. He was dying with every passing moment away from Luhan so, he managed to escape his campus that night with the help of that man and his sources, and took the first flight back to Korea. He had the looks and the talent. He was casted for the role and provided with luxurious living quarters and all basic necessities by the company he signed up with. It was too late by the time his father found out about his absence from college. Cover shots of his upcoming drama were already up on all the major billboards around Korea by then. With that he hit it big and soon he was financially independent. He resumed his studies through private tuitions about year later, along with his acting career still intact and ever growing.

"And it's our Happily-Ever-After now." Luhan giggled.

I didn't know what to say. That was just.....wow.

"It's too good to be true, isn't it?" Luhan's eyes twinkled. "Well, they say when it's too good to be true, most often it isn't."

"I didn't get you" I asked, perplexed, because that was no less than a fairytale.

"It was Park Chanyeol.", he wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter