Two

This ain't no Ordinary Romance, 'cause we ain't no Ordinary People
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: The view of text and images has been designed for PCs hence, it might not be properly oriented in cellular devices. I apologise in advance for the discomfort.

It was the start of our fourth and final year in college. The spot of the lead guitarist that was initially held by one of Baekhyun's immediate Sunbaes had only recently been vacated after he graduated from our college and we had been looking for a new one ever since. After a bunch of auditions for the spot we finally settled on a female guitarist, Rose. She was only 17. Young and y. A fresher from New Zealand. Apart from the fact that she was quite talented, it was good for the band's popularity as she had been getting a lot of attention ever since she joined our college. Now that that was settled our band was all set for the upcoming performance at the Freshers' Welcoming Fest in two weeks. Baekhyun was ready with his new compositions, Min Hyuk had been working on his drum solo for a while and was close to nailing it by now, I was incharge of the high notes and the second lead vocals, Yixing had already worked his magic on the keyboard. All that we needed now were a couple of daily rehearsals with Rose to help her get accustomed to our routine. We decided on a daily practice schedule with some extra sessions during weekends. Rose turned out to be a fast learner since after only about an hour of practice that day she was able easily merge in with the rest of the instrumentalists and our vocal line. No doubt Baekhyun's composition was going to be a massive success once again. We called it a day after a couple of more rehearsals. It was a Saturday after all. Everyone had plans for the later half of the day.

 

 

"Any plans for today?" I tried to make small talk with Baekhyun as we walked back to our dorms. We rarely got to see each other out of practice and work hours anyways.

"There's this Hapkido championship comming up soon. Coach has doubled my practice hours." He kicked a couple of pebbles as he walked with his hands stuffed in his jeans pockets.

Rumour had it that Baekhyun was single again. I just wanted to know if he was alright but there was no way to directly jump into that. There was no point in asking him about Kai because with just one look he'd know that I already know because Byun Baekhyun knows everything. No point in asking him if he was okay because he'd just nod and that would end our conversation effective immediately. Striking a conversation with Byun Baekhyun was a tedious challenge. "Planning on sleeping in the dorm tonight?" was all I could manage to blurt out. I was probably sounding like his mom right now but I just wanted to talk to him and I couldn't come up with a smarter alternative at that time.  

He stopped in his tracks to look at me and there was that look in his eyes again. Byun Baekhyun doesn't just look at you. He looks through you. Everytime anyone is caught under his gaze they can't help but feel . He bares your soul with just that one look. But it dissappeared as fast as it appeared and before I could bring myself out of my stupor he was casually walking again, gaze, nonchalantly glued on the pebbles he kicked as he made his way to the dorm. "I'm okay, Jongdae. You already know." 

Just as I thought. He saw right through me. Baekhyun's smile reached his eyes though. I could relax since I knew it was genuine. "So he wasn't the one either." It wasn't a question and he didn't have to reply because we both knew better.

The rest of the walk was silent. Just the sound of the pebbles crumbling under our feet and the warmth of a close company.

 

 

Baekhyun's room was on the ground floor. The fourth on the right of the main entrance to our dorm. The East Wing. There were ten rooms on each side of the dorm. Five opposite to five. Not more than two people resided in each room. All ten rooms on the right belonged to the East Wing and on the left belonged to the West Wing. They were arranged such that the tenth (last) room on each side was opposite to the first. So, Room no. 001 would be opposite to Room no. 010 in the East Wing and Room No. 011 would be opposite to Room no. 20 in the West Wing and so on. There were a total of 7 floors in each dorm.

                               

My room was opposite to Baekhyun and Kyungsoo's. Room no. 007. Everyone on our floor was majoring in Music along with other minors. Each year our dorms changed but our rooms remained the same. Which is why our roommates never changed unless we applied for a change. There was no hard and fast rule. Just that all the members of the rooms who would be affected by the change had to agree to the decision. We were in dorm 4B2 right now. The second dorm for Boys in their 4th and final year. There were 3 dorms alloted to each year. Every room was spacious, well lit and had windows in all four directions. The window facing the hallway next to the main door had no curtains in the boys' dorms since wardens came for inspections at any hour of the day. Rooms were separated from each other by narrow passageways at the end of which there were small decoratives and each wing had a water cooler on the right and an advanc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter